ADVERTISEMENT

Travis Perry on 630 WLAP

That is just one of the teams that have offered him smash. I'm not disputing how good he is. My point is that he will be recruited over here, and he needs to be able to handle that. Obviously needs to be able to handle it better than Alan did.

I imagine it would be a similar situation to Willis or to a lesser extent Hawkins.

So as a player, he needs to be able to make a choice as to what he wants in terms of his path and his career. There are even high major programs that have offered him such as Iowa where he may get more PT early on in his career for a different school.
You make some good points. He fits in good with how Iowa plays. I hope that he wants to come here and is good enough to be a role player for a couple of years and then step up from there as a junior or senior. Having high IQ players like him that can shoot the ball as well as he does is really important. We’ve seen in the past how tough kids can be that are from Kentucky when they get the chance to wear that uniform as well.

TyTy just got drafted in the NBA. I'd put the house on Perry not being a 5 star one and done. So anyone that comes to UK knows they are going to need to put in the work to advance in the pecking order. It is pretty simple.

Question is...does he want to go Bradley and play immediately or come to UK and work to eventually get in the rotation?
I would point him to folks like Darius Miller, Hawkins and Willis if we are looking for Geography, Jorts, Nick Richards if we want development regardless what state they played in

Wonder how hard your wonder boy Sharpe practiced? Inquiring minds would like to know since you are an inside Guru.
Ed called him lazy, that way more than just saying he didn't try hard. Ed's lies have no bounds.

Last edited:
You’ve done that several times. You going to deny that you’ve called the kid lazy and said that he didn’t work hard when he played for our program?
He definitely did. Don't worry, ed will lie and say he didn't even though it's right in this thread.

You see I don’t have to or need to prove anything to you. As I’ve been told on here many times “it’s a message board, you can post anything you want”. Do you ask others posters for proof?
Don't have to, but in your case we do because you lie so much.

Of course he can't prove it because he made it up.

He definitely did. Don't worry, ed will lie and say he didn't even though it's right in this thread.
I think it’s comical. I brought that up to him and he ignored it. Ed just likes to troll and apparently he’s been dang good at it too. He’s made it on this site since 04, and that’s amazing considering the trouble he starts.

Reactions: Cawood86
I think it’s comical. I brought that up to him and he ignored it. Ed just likes to troll and apparently he’s been dang good at it too. He’s made it on this site since 04, and that’s amazing considering the trouble he starts.
I don't believe he’s been on here thst long....no way. Not until I see proof.

Did you ever find the proof? No one on here supports players more than me. I’ll wait

I did it so much, but you can’t find any examples.
ED- Honest question. Seems to me like you end up in the minority in a huge way in every thread that becomes a little controversial. I mean time after time after time. Do you see this and if so would you mind telling me why you go that direction when you start debating in these threads ?? You have a right to your opinion but damn man …. seems like you just want to go rogue against the general thoughts of this board.

• Love
Reactions: deep3
Didn’t Joe B say from time to time if you see one of my players struggling, there’s a high percentage chance it’s because of girl problems. Dontaie is not the first. He had his chance. He decided what was more important. I’ll take Travis Perry all day and twice on a Sunday! Increase his foot speed before he gets here, now you’re talking. A smart great shooter has had nice success in college ball. Maybe or Maybe not for him? If I’m him, nothing would stop me from putting that UK jersey on, nothing!! Some Ky boys have something special in them, you will know. Dontaie was close But overall 41 games with a quick hook and averaging 3.9 points over that time. It just wasn’t a good situation.

ED- Honest question. Seems to me like you end up in the minority in a huge way in every thread that becomes a little controversial. I mean time after time after time. Do you see this and if so would you mind telling me why you go that direction when you start debating in these threads ?? You have a right to your opinion but damn man …. seems like you just want to go rogue against the general thoughts of this board.
I post what I think. I just disagree with most posters here. I do politically too. But I don’t call names, use profanity, none of that. I just truly disagree on most things. I think the Sharpe situation was a cluster from the start. But I don’t hate him, I don’t hope he fails, I’m over it. Perfect example on how I disagree with the majority. I don’t hate Cal. I’m disappointed in the last two years but I’m not going to beg for him to be fired because he’s not going to be. I’m going to be ready for next season and be as fired up as ever. Life is too short to be miserable. Maybe it’s because I have kids the same age as some of the players. I just can’t bash them over how they play. You can call me a troll or whatever name you want but ever opinion I post is my opinion.

Didn’t Joe B say from time to time if you see one of my players struggling, there’s a high percentage chance it’s because of girl problems. Dontaie is not the first. He had his chance. He decided what was more important. I’ll take Travis Perry all day and twice on a Sunday! Increase his foot speed before he gets here, now you’re talking. A smart great shooter has had nice success in college ball. Maybe or Maybe not for him? If I’m him, nothing would stop me from putting that UK jersey on, nothing!! Some Ky boys have something special in them, you will know. Dontaie was close But overall 41 games with a quick hook and averaging 3.9 points over that time. It just wasn’t a good situation.
I hope Perry commits to our program. That kid would be a heck of a 4 year player for us

Reactions: bluefaithful
I post what I think. I just disagree with most posters here. I do politically too. But I don’t call names, use profanity, none of that. I just truly disagree on most things. I think the Sharpe situation was a cluster from the start. But I don’t hate him, I don’t hope he fails, I’m over it. Perfect example on how I disagree with the majority. I don’t hate Cal. I’m disappointed in the last two years but I’m not going to beg for him to be fired because he’s not going to be. I’m going to be ready for next season and be as fired up as ever. Life is too short to be miserable. Maybe it’s because I have kids the same age as some of the players. I just can’t bash them over how they play. You can call me a troll or whatever name you want but ever opinion I post is my opinion.
I’m never arguing or debating with you again. I wish I had never debated with you to begin with. I’ve missed out on having good conversations about my favorite team because I’ve been debating with you on here and I have no one else to blame but myself for that. This thread should be a positive one about a good high school player and look what it got turned into. Regardless of past disagreements, I wish you the best.

Last edited:
Derrick Hord comes to mind.....he was in school during my time there. All the talent in the world.....and then boom. Like it disappeared overnight.

All the talk was that it was girl problem.

Reactions: bluefaithful
Post #6 is ed calling Allen lazy.

He lied in every post since then saying he didn't. Look for yourself.
Seriously why bother.....just put him on ignore....I did months ago and threads are much better now without seeing his drivel.

So. The kids a sophmore 15 when you saw him and you can say this. How old was Jeff. Pete marivich was 6'2. 130 out of hi school. Had to go to prep school. Carmelo Anthony. Bill Russell and Michael Jordan were cut from their hi school teams. David roninson was 6'4. Out of hi school. You have no idea.
Is it really that much trouble to spell out “high school?” I mean it’s just two letters but I think I’m getting eye cancer

Ed called him lazy, that way more than just saying he didn't try hard. Ed's lies have no bounds.
This. The only person I’ve ever heard say DA was lazy is Ed. Everyone else who says it just piggybacked off of him.

They all say, “I heard Allen was lazy.” Yet they have no proof and no quotes from the coaching staff or team to back it up.

Ed recently revealed his source. His nephew (or similarly relates family member) spotted Allen rushing out of practice to meet his gf. A college kid rushing to meet his gf. Laziness confirmed

Come on dude....you're one of the smartest posters s on here

Well thanks on compliment. Regarding my comment...I have zero inside knowledge. The "rumor" I'm referring to came from Matt Jones on KSR. He said DA didn't put in the work needed. He didn't use the word lazy but he did make a comment that would suggest the extra work which was needed wasn't there.

Jones alluded to Allen "not being in best frame of mind and it being part on him."

If you want to listen, 3/24 show between 18-22 minutes mark.

This show was easy to find because it was the day of or after he announced transfer portal. Jones said on subsequent shows stuff about extra work.

So this is where some of rumors came from regarding extra work, prep, etc. I can't remember if Jones said anything about Allen's GF involvement, etc...

I hate that it didn’t work out with dontaie but to blame anyone but him is ridiculous. I know he had some big games and made some big shots but last season there were numerous times he’d get a chance and miss a block out or miss a rebound in a critical Moment. Just gotta do more than shoot

Derrick Hord comes to mind.....he was in school during my time there. All the talent in the world.....and then boom. Like it disappeared overnight.

All the talk was that it was girl problem.
did not know that
always wondered what happened to him
he was so smooth, could jump, had a picture perfect shot, but he just neve lived up to the hype

Reactions: UNIVKY
Hell, even Tony Delk … maybe the greatest all around SG in UK history …only played 9 minutes per game his freshman year. He spent that season mostly riding the bench.

Not sure we would’ve ever seen a sophomore year for Delk with today’s rules.
Can someone tell me the first freshnsn to start for UK?

I’m never arguing or debating with you again. I wish I had never debated with you to begin with. I’ve missed out on having good conversations about my favorite team because I’ve been debating with you on here and I have no one else to blame but myself for that. This thread should be a positive one about a good high school player and look what it got turned into. Regardless of past disagreements, I wish you the best.
That's the thing about wrestling pigs. You just get dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Reactions: Woodrow_Call_1998
Well thanks on compliment. Regarding my comment...I have zero inside knowledge. The "rumor" I'm referring to came from Matt Jones on KSR. He said DA didn't put in the work needed. He didn't use the word lazy but he did make a comment that would suggest the extra work which was needed wasn't there.
I have no problem with that statement. Could very well be true. Not everybody is Kobe in their work wthic.

My issue is not critiquing a player. We all do that. A poster (not you) called him lazy and that I took issue with. That's a personal attack, not a critique.

Always feel your posts are fair.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
Jones alluded to Allen "not being in best frame of mind and it being part on him."

If you want to listen, 3/24 show between 18-22 minutes mark.

This show was easy to find because it was the day of or after he announced transfer portal. Jones said on subsequent shows stuff about extra work.

So this is where some of rumors came from regarding extra work, prep, etc. I can't remember if Jones said anything about Allen's GF involvement, etc...
Matt Jones says many things.Trouble is he is wrong about half of them.

Reactions: UK90
ADVERTISEMENT