ADVERTISEMENT

Travis Perry on 630 WLAP

If the new transfer rules were in place in 96, Jeff probably transfers and UK probably doesn't get the title in 98.
Yep, I’ve wondered how many players on our great teams in the past would’ve transferred out if they had today’s transfer rules.

I bet a lot. Plenty of guys who turned out to be great players struggled or had to sit on the bench during their first year or two here. Would they have been willing to tough it out if they could’ve easily jumped to another school with no penalty like they do today?

Why wouldn't he think of what happened with Ty Ty?

TyTy just got drafted in the NBA. I'd put the house on Perry not being a 5 star one and done. So anyone that comes to UK knows they are going to need to put in the work to advance in the pecking order. It is pretty simple.

Question is...does he want to go Bradley and play immediately or come to UK and work to eventually get in the rotation?

Yep, I’ve wondered how many players on our great teams in the past would’ve transferred out if they had today’s transfer rules.

I bet a lot. Plenty of guys who turned out to be great players struggled or had to sit on the bench during their first year or two here. Would they have been willing to tough it out if they could’ve easily jumped to another school with no penalty like they do today?
I remember an interview with Ron Mercer and him saying he thought of transferring his freshman year but was talked out of it, thank goodness. I would put him in the category of being good as gone if the transfer rules were in place back then

I remember an interview with Ron Mercer and him saying he thought of transferring his freshman year but was talked out of it, thank goodness. I would put him in the category of being good as gone if the transfer rules were in place back then
Hell, even Tony Delk … maybe the greatest all around SG in UK history …only played 9 minutes per game his freshman year. He spent that season mostly riding the bench.

Not sure we would’ve ever seen a sophomore year for Delk with today’s rules.

That’s what happens when you’re not quite good enough to play at Kentucky. I’ve seen this kid play, and I don’t think he’s good enough. I’ve seen Jeff Shepard play and Travis is not in the same league as Shepard.
Thad Jaracz wasn’t quite as good as Larry Conley, Toomy Kron, or Mike Casey, but he contributed and had a very good career.

TyTy just got drafted in the NBA. I'd put the house on Perry not being a 5 star one and done. So anyone that comes to UK knows they are going to need to put in the work to advance in the pecking order. It is pretty simple.

Question is...does he want to go Bradley and play immediately or come to UK and work to eventually get in the rotation?
He's much better than a Bradley caliber player. He's a high major talent. He was already a 247 4-star before UK ever got involved.

Reactions: BBUK and deep3
Lie....complete lie
If reading your comments matters then you do. And fyi, if Triple C screwed over you and treated YOU like he treated DA maybe you’d rather see your gf after practice too. You’re really inconsistent with your comments.

If reading your comments matters then you do. And fyi, if Triple C screwed over you and treated YOU like he treated DA maybe you’d rather see your gf after practice too. You’re really inconsistent with your comments.
I try to be respectful to you because I think you are older, try and show others that same respect.

Kinda like the ones about Cal not liking him right?

Nine of us know the exact reason. Dontae’s on court product was mediocre. That’s all we know.
I would say mediocre would be fair for the 20-21 season. But it was simply bad last season.

So. The kids a sophmore 15 when you saw him and you can say this. How old was Jeff. Pete marivich was 6'2. 130 out of hi school. Had to go to prep school. Carmelo Anthony. Bill Russell and Michael Jordan were cut from their hi school teams. David roninson was 6'4. Out of hi school. You have no idea.

If the new transfer rules were in place in 96, Jeff probably transfers and UK probably doesn't get the title in 98.

Totally false. Quit making excuses for these quitters today and using Sheppard to do it.

Read his book. Sheppard loved Kentucky and he would never have played anywhere else. He loved Kentucky growing up around Georgia fans. He is as blue as it gets. We went out with Stacey and Jeff in 1998 when they were dating and they both have a mad love for this program. They went on and on for 2 hours about how lucky they were to have made it to UK. Jeff said he wanted to play for UK since the primary school.

Please do not say this bullshit again.

He's much better than a Bradley caliber player. He's a high major talent. He was already a 247 4-star before UK ever got involved.

That is just one of the teams that have offered him smash. I'm not disputing how good he is. My point is that he will be recruited over here, and he needs to be able to handle that. Obviously needs to be able to handle it better than Alan did.

I imagine it would be a similar situation to Willis or to a lesser extent Hawkins.

So as a player, he needs to be able to make a choice as to what he wants in terms of his path and his career. There are even high major programs that have offered him such as Iowa where he may get more PT early on in his career for a different school.

Totally false. Quit making excuses for these quitters today and using Sheppard to do it.

Read his book. Sheppard loved Kentucky and he would never have played anywhere else. He loved Kentucky growing up around Georgia fans. He is as blue as it gets. We went out with Stacey and Jeff in 1998 when they were dating and they both have a mad love for this program. They went on and on for 2 hours about how lucky they were to have made it to UK. Jeff said he wanted to play for UK since the primary school.

Please do not say this bullshit again.
Whoa you hung out with Shep in 98? That’s a cool story you need to share.

Reactions: Gromcat
That doesn’t make sense. He contributed as a Freshman. He was a part-time starter as a Soph. He was a top reserve as a Junior. He voluntarily sat out in ‘97. If he had wanted to transfer, he would have instead of sitting out an entire year.

Post proof of that. If it’s common knowledge, that shouldn’t be tough. Can you back that post up @jace2012? You clicked the like button on it so apparently you’ve heard that too???
You see I don’t have to or need to prove anything to you. As I’ve been told on here many times “it’s a message board, you can post anything you want”. Do you ask others posters for proof?

You see I don’t have to or need to prove anything to you. As I’ve been told on here many times “it’s a message board, you can post anything you want”. Do you ask others posters for proof?
Id like to read about that. No one else has posted anything fitting that narrative so I figured since you’ve been so adamant about it, you could post a link to an article about it or something.

Reactions: Cawood86
Post proof of that. If it’s common knowledge, that shouldn’t be tough. Can you back that post up @jace2012? You clicked the like button on it so apparently you’ve heard that too???
Matt Jones didn't say the reason but alluded to the fact that Allen didn't do what he needed to do last year to get PT. When he said that it was directly related to putting in the work.

Just sharing the message...so if anyone doesn't believe Jones, that is fine, but it was said with certainty.

Reactions: Zissou87
Matt Jones didn't say the reason but alluded to the fact that Allen didn't do what he needed to do last year to get PT. When he said that it was directly related to putting in the work.

Just sharing the message...so if anyone doesn't believe Jones, that is fine, but it was said with certainty.
That’s one place I heard it. But I would never reference it coming from KSR because that just opens up a poop show.

Thank you. I had no idea that had been discussed on KSR. I know you’re a real fan and I appreciate the info

So someone else says they heard it on ksr and you thank them. But when I say it you laugh it off.
You said you don’t bash players, and it’s proven that you have. He gave an example and I trust his post. Very few people are going to find you to be credible at all due to your history on here. Blame yourself for that one, Eddie Joe.

You said you don’t bash players, and it’s proven that you have. He gave an example and I trust his post. Very few people are going to find you to be credible at all due to your history on here. Blame yourself for that one, Eddie Joe.
So again bashing is saying he didn’t practice hard? Is that correct?

So you can’t. Good job good effort
Eddie Joe the troll…. Poor guy can’t help himself. I’m not kicking up or going through every post that you’ve made about Dontaie because you did it so much that anyone that is on here very often has seen it. Lie or do whatever you want. You’re good for that.

Reactions: Cawood86
Eddie Joe the troll…. Poor guy can’t help himself. I’m not kicking up or going through every post that you’ve made about Dontaie because you did it so much that anyone that is on here very often has seen it. Lie or do whatever you want. You’re good for that.
I did it so much, but you can’t find any examples.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT