ADVERTISEMENT

Travis Perry on 630 WLAP

One thing that really hurt Dontaie's development was the injuries prior to UK--didn't he have a car accident after he was almost recovered from the ACL?? Then he showed well in the dreaded '21 season and deserved more minutes, but last year he had a window to really contribute and just didn't do enough. Know it wasn't a big enough window for some fans who wanted him to be given more of a chance, but if you stay in a program you'll get a chance...it's what you do when relied upon and for all the frustration of '21 season, I didn't think he had a good account of play in '22. Not just missing shots but letting it compound by not being aware of defensive responsibilities/rules that broke down. Then think he knew he was leaving/so did Staff so both moved on.

I agree. One would think though like Anthony White said, has to be in back of mind with what happened with Allen.
That’s what happens when you’re not quite good enough to play at Kentucky. I’ve seen this kid play, and I don’t think he’s good enough. I’ve seen Jeff Shepard play and Travis is not in the same league as Shepard.

Reactions: jace2012
That’s what happens when you’re not quite good enough to play at Kentucky. I’ve seen this kid play, and I don’t think he’s good enough. I’ve seen Jeff Shepard play and Travis is not in the same league as Shepard.
I agree about Jeff, he was very talented and had the athleticism to go with it. Jeff waited for his time to shine, kids nowadays don’t have the patience and want to play be damned

Reactions: coachcombs57
One thing that really hurt Dontaie's development was the injuries prior to UK--didn't he have a car accident after he was almost recovered from the ACL?? Then he showed well in the dreaded '21 season and deserved more minutes, but last year he had a window to really contribute and just didn't do enough. Know it wasn't a big enough window for some fans who wanted him to be given more of a chance, but if you stay in a program you'll get a chance...it's what you do when relied upon and for all the frustration of '21 season, I didn't think he had a good account of play in '22. Not just missing shots but letting it compound by not being aware of defensive responsibilities/rules that broke down. Then think he knew he was leaving/so did Staff so both moved on.
Yeah he broke his collarbone in the wreck.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
As long as he was here he should have played like he had a clue when he got on the floor last season. He sadly didn’t. Looked like a first year player who hadn’t practiced with the team. The times he shined was when the opposing team was unprepared or the defense was out of place. Unfortunately he does not possess the superior athleticism to recover from poor positioning on defense. Once he is in the wrong spot or loses his man it was like we had four players on the floor.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
Not that it matters but my sons gf goes to UK and knows the parties involved. When practices ends and you have your gf waiting at the door for you it tends to make you not hang around to put in extra work.
Oh so you’re the guy that hates on kids and not the coach making 10 mil a year to underperform. Got it.

Well every high level d1 coach disagrees with you.

Reactions: blue woman
Not that it matters but my sons gf goes to UK and knows the parties involved. When practices ends and you have your gf waiting at the door for you it tends to make you not hang around to put in extra work.
You're right, it doesn’t matter. You are just trashing a kid like an immature child, because that's who you are.

I feel sorry for anyone that has to be around you on a daily basis.

What happened with Allen? A confident kid looks at that situation and believes nobody will outplay him. I've never once seen Allen play with the grit that Perry plays with.

Well he transferred and couldn't progress up pecking order. Wasn't knocking Perry. I've never seen him play once tbh. Hope he signs here.

Reactions: cats#1again
Well Jeff Shepard was a “MOP” of a championship team. Only one player under Calipari has lived up to that standard and that was AD.

I agree. One would think though like Anthony White said, has to be in back of mind with what happened with Allen.

Only if he doesn’t want to compete or has an inflated ego. Again, I like Allen. Good kid. But I just don’t think he wanted to put in the time needed to see the court more. Have no evidence for the court p, but just a feeling.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
Only if he doesn’t want to compete or has an inflated ego. Again, I like Allen. Good kid. But I just don’t think he wanted to put in the time needed to see the court more. Have no evidence for the court p, but just a feeling.

Well there were rumors that he didn't put in work needed which makes way more sense than just saying "Cal didn't like him."

Reactions: G-PIP
Not the first time we've heard this, we'll see if that changes at Western.

Western ky is a cupcake in a cupcake conference. I fully expert allen to do solid to well there. If he could have a once in a blue moon good game in the sec he should be fine there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT