ADVERTISEMENT

Travis "looks uncomfrtable"

Team Toronto: 19 points 15 rebounds
Mega Bemax: 8 points, 6 rebounds
Bahamas: 4 points, 14 rebounds
San Lorenzo: 11 points, 6 rebounds

42 points, 40 rebounds.

He's still figuring it out and posted a double double average.

Yeah, I hope he stays out of the zone... Does that make me an anti-Cat fan?

Most of his shots did look unorthodox. He will be ok.

He’s had trouble finishing at close range, surely that won’t be the trend. He’s looking stellar if he made half the bunnies he bricked.

His history average is around 56%. I feel good he will right the ship...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike-D
this is my thought on Travis.

Amazing rebounder, so he needs to focus on that as primary.

I hope he can knock those 3s, and i was wondering why he wasn't shooting more shot. I know its not his game, but he doesn't exactly has size, athleticism, and length to really have high efficiency offense in the post.

finally, if he can pass out after his offensive rebound...dayummm... we would be so good. We have great 3 point shooters, and if he can give us EXTRA possession...that would make our offense insanely high powered.

Reactions: Cats192
Don’t use facts.

My facts were skewed but I will still take them with no worries. (I looked it up this time. I knew the two numbers were in what I posted. I'll just have to live with "56%".

65% would be insane for his volume. His TS% the last two years 60% and 58% - compare this to PJ's 56%, Bam's 62%, Randle's 57%, Sophomore Jones' 55%, and Junior Patterson's 62%.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
If he can give me 8 and 8 on the season I'll be happy with a 12+ rebound game here and there. He and Washington should be combining for damn near 25 and 20 per game between the 2 of them night in and night out.

He was the star at Stanford and at UK there is talent at every position so it will take a bit for him to adjust. He is a very good player and a big part of why the Cats are favored to hang number 9.

So you have Washington at 17 and 12?

I didnt type that out very well. I meant to say I would be happy with 8 and 8 from Travis, but that doesnt mean its his ceiling. He and Washington should/could be combining for around 25 and 20. Ill quell that and say 25 and 15 instead. Realistically if Travis was 8 and 8 and Washington 14 and 7 Id be happy, but theyre both capable of being double double machines.

Last edited:
Reactions: drcats2013
He will be fine. Needs to relax and stop putting the ball in the floor

He's gonna be a fan favorite, trust me. He did look uncomfortable a bit at times in these games, but that is to be expected.

1. He's playing with a brand new team.
2. He's playing in a brand new system with brand new coaches.
3. He's practiced with all this for 10 days and he's thrown into games.
4. These teams we played all had grown men in the post. They don't have the talent of UK but they all had size in the post.

As others have said, he averaged a double-double, despite all these factors I've mentioned. He's gonna be just fine. When he's comfortable with the team, the coaches, and his role in the system, he's going to thrive. Cal will figure out how to utilize his skill set and maximize it. He's got the work ethic. He's gonna be fine.

He is pressing on offense, which is causing him to rush his shots, which causes them to look quite ugly when they miss. Exact same scenario that Vando went through last year. The more experience he gets with these guys, the more things will slow down for him.

He didn't average 20ppg missing dunks and layups....

He's impressed me on and off the floor. Smart kid. Very personable.

I'm very thankful Travis is a Cat. He's gonna be one of the 5 guys out there at the end of every game for his rebounding ability alone. I trust this guy to get us board when we need one and make other "winning" plays. Valuable piece in the quest for 9.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
He was playing inside for the most part against grown ass men like himself who make you pay inside. Certainly some of the shots he missed in close made me scratch my head. But when he settles in and gets back to being a strong finisher...against other college big men...he will be a beast.

He'll be in full beastmode come March, mark it down... ;)

6_8496365.jpg

Team Toronto: 19 points 15 rebounds
Mega Bemax: 8 points, 6 rebounds
Bahamas: 4 points, 14 rebounds
San Lorenzo: 11 points, 6 rebounds

42 points, 40 rebounds.

He's still figuring it out and posted a double double average.
Most new kids on the block feel uncomfortable at first.

Reactions: Cats192
Dackich was right

He makes basketball look hard.

I think he will be solid but that was spot on

Agree.

He forced some things trying to get going. Probably because he's used to being the source of tons of production. That's why we saw too many dribbles/pivots.

For us he's better with one quick move and maybe one counter. Then if it's not there, move the ball. Too many weapons. He doesn't need to work so hard crwaticra shot that's not there

Reactions: ganner918
He has the potential to be a dominant player.
It's only August. Plenty of practice time before November 6...
He’s already proven to be a dominant player at Stanford. He is just trying to figure out his new role with a new team and a new coach and figuring out how to play not being option #1 on offense every night. He will be very good this year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT