ADVERTISEMENT

Trashing our players = not cool

deplion

All-American
May 21, 2002
All of us see what is going on out there. I think all of us our extremely disappointed by what we see.

I know I'll take some flack for this, but I have never thought trashing our players was OK.

Criticizing aspects of their game is fine. I also think criticizing the coaches (who are well paid professionals) is fine. Why have a message board if we can't critique what we see?

Calling our players "worthless" or "a waste" or saying how bad they "suck" goes beyond venting and acceptable criticism though.

Yes, they have played poorly. Yes, they haven't played smart, but these are college kids who play a game to better themselves and for our enjoyment. Making hateful comments about them only makes us look bad and makes this board close to unreadable.

JMHO obviously, but I would like to think we are better than making those kinds of posts.

Agree, Dep.

Pointing out flaws or weaknesses is fine. Calling them names isn't.

Sometimes fans take this crap waaaaaay to seriously. It's a game that should only have a minimal effect on our lives. It's not life and death (until March).

Reactions: CatsRox and Blueaz
It's because this board sets itself up for a downfall. Just today idiots were taking about our path to a one seed. If you don't understand how ridiculous that is, then you need to just watch and stay quiet. People end up losing their minds.

We win with em and we lose with em. Did anyone think we would be minutes from a championship in 2014? We looked worse that season.

raw

Our players aren't exerting themselves.
They also aren't playing smart.
Florida came here to do a job.
Our guys came to show scouts they could shoot tough shots and dunk on people.

Priorities are clear.

There is no doubt in that at this point. Not to me.

I don't have a problem with calling out a bad bone headed play, there's been a lot of that tonight, but ripping a kid apart is not good.

The people saying we need to change our recruiting strategy are the ones saying we need to push these kids out the door.

I wouldn't change everything, just a few aspects. We are signing too many overrated prospects that won't play together. We flame out and it happens next year again, he'll then be forced to change. There's no doubt about it. Cal isn't the same guy he was in 2012. Some of you are going to have to see it and accept it, Everything is on the table when regress and play terrible basketball.

Ehhh..I was 16 years old hearing much worse from my parents..getting my ass busted all the way to about age 13 or 14. These little prima donnas will be fine when they're making millions in the NBA next year. The players better get used to it. It prepares them for the NBA..Right, Coach Cal ?

Again remember this a lot of U.K. Teams have lost at Florida.

It's true, but this team isn't the '10 squad or the '11 squad, this is the '17 squad, and they don't have those players.

I don't see it but I guess they could come together late and make a run. Hope so

So you're the one who decides what is acceptable? I was wondering who that person was. Thanks for clarifying.

are you the guy thats going to say its OK to trash a 19 year old kid who is busting his a$$ and represents your school with class?

Reactions: rbky53
It's because this board sets itself up for a downfall. Just today idiots were taking about our path to a one seed. If you don't understand how ridiculous that is, then you need to just watch and stay quiet. People end up losing their minds.

We're bi-polar as a mo-fo.

You've seen it before.

Tonight, super negative folks will faarrr the coach, exile the players to other places, talk about the NIT and lose their minds.

If we smoke LSU by 30 on Tuesday, the sunshine crowd will crawl out of the woodwork talking about winning out and Final Fours, No. 1 seeds, etc.

I try to roll with the punches of the regular season (including the SEC road slog) and hope we can put it together for six games in March.

We're bi-polar as a mo-fo.

You've seen it before.

Tonight, super negative folks will faarrr the coach, exile the players to other places, talk about the NIT and lose their minds.

If we smoke LSU by 30 on Tuesday, the sunshine crowd will crawl out of the woodwork talking about winning out and Final Fours, No. 1 seeds, etc.

I try to roll with the punches of the regular season (including the SEC road slog) and hope we can put it together for six games in March.

Yep. I've been laughing the last few days at the pumps setting themselves up for this. I nearly posted today that I thought Uk could lose in a blowout and didn't. I just did not want to deal with the backlash form the "1 seed path" posters.

The board needs to moderate itself but with guys like Cane in abundance it's tough to get the message through.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
We win with em and we lose with em. Did anyone think we would be minutes from a championship in 2014? We looked worse that season.

Yes anything can happen but 2014 was a Miracle tournament run. Continuing to point to that when we are underachieving (again) is getting old. How much mileage can our fans get out of that?

All of us see what is going on out there. I think all of us our extremely disappointed by what we see.

I know I'll take some flack for this, but I have never thought trashing our players was OK.

Criticizing aspects of their game is fine. I also think criticizing the coaches (who are well paid professionals) is fine. Why have a message board if we can't critique what we see?

Calling our players "worthless" or "a waste" or saying how bad they "suck" goes beyond venting and acceptable criticism though.

Yes, they have played poorly. Yes, they haven't played smart, but these are college kids who play a game to better themselves and for our enjoyment. Making hateful comments about them only makes us look bad and makes this board close to unreadable.

JMHO obviously, but I would like to think we are better than making those kinds of posts.

Oh please. We care and pay up for KY basketball because we win and expect greatness. No one reads these forums seriously except fans, and name calling here really hurts nothing.

The product on the floor tonight is garbage and these crap players and coaches should be called out. If it continues it is this same attitude that eventually forces change and keeps KY great!

Reactions: morgousky
ADVERTISEMENT