ADVERTISEMENT

Transformers 5 talk

Wildcat-in-STL

All-American
Oct 28, 2012
All American Burger
my thoughts...... don't watch. I love the transformers and have since I was 4 years old .... I even liked the first several movies despite their flaws.... but this one is an awful mess

Anyone else dumb like I was and watched this movie??? I swear the real writers of this movie had to be 10 years old..... just get the cartoon writers for now on.... it would be a major improvement

Gave up on this franchise a long time ago. At least the early films had Megan Fox to look at.

I like the technical direction of Bay's films, but he's just always been drawn to the action as opposed to the story.

(Long, I'm a Transformers nerd)

I haven't watched the new one yet, but will give it a try. I was a huge Transformers fan growing up followed closely by G.I. Joe. Neither went the direction I would have liked with their movies.

The previous Transformer movie along with the new one appears to be telling some of the origin story judging by the previews, but it mixes in the stupid knights storyline and made the Dinobots retarded.

If I made the series, I would have introduced the characters, gave a little backstory, and of course had some major battles in the first movie. I probably wouldn't have killed off any major characters yet.

I think the second movie could have been a good point in introducing some new characters (like maybe the dinobots and constructicons). It could have a storyline about the Transformers needing energon to survive and how the decepticons were going to steal human energy sources and convert them to fill their needs.

I think the third movie would then be a good point to do a live action version of the Transformers (animated) Movie. This is when they start killing off a number of main characters while creating different versions of some of them with the Unicron storyline. Instead of Unicron attacking Cybertron, have him coming after Earth. Disaster movies on Earth tend to do well. They could also introduce the Matrix of Leadership and how it switches hands.

If they did kill off Optimus Prime they can then bring him back in a 4th movie with the Quintessons (the creators of the Transformers). That is if the movies did well and there was a reason to go beyond a trilogy.

Michael Bay just turned it into a mishmash of old and new storylines to the point of it not making much sense. I don't think there needed to be as much changed as they did. Us 40+ year old folks that grew up with the Transformers would have appreciated it more if they kept it more old school I think. The newer younger crowd would have liked it as well still.

They probably will end up rebooting it in about 10 years anyways and will hopefully do a better job.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
The biggest mistakes made in these movies are

1. Transformers are easily killed

2. Decepticons are puss*es. Supposed to be the military faction my azz

3. Bumblebee is normal sized.... Him being the pint sized bot was what gave him charm and got you to relate to him...

4. No real character arcs

5. The designs of transformers outside of OP are garbage... Ok I take that back... I like Megatron in this movie.

6. And back to how easy it is to kill decepticons but autobots can get shot point blank by megatron and survive.

Last edited:
I hear that in this new one Caitlyn and Chelsea Manning form a troupe of trans called Glitter Bots.

20120629-PRIDE-Trans-March-0065-Photo_by_Corbin_Smith.jpg

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
Bumble Bee should have been a Bug, or a Mini.

You can't tell them a part from each other nor do they have distinct recognizable personalities like the cartoons. This is especially a problem with the Decepticons.

I mean where is the cool as hell Soundwave, annoyingly whiny Starscream, the dumb but lovable Dinobots?

I don't even remember what Megatron transforms into.

These movies are nothing but Michael Bays quest to make lots of money and bang the hot chicks he puts in them.

Bumble Bee should have been a Bug, or a Mini.

You can't tell them a part from each other nor do they have distinct recognizable personalities like the cartoons. This is especially a problem with the Decepticons.

I mean where is the cool as hell Soundwave, annoyingly whiny Starscream, the dumb but lovable Dinobots?

I don't even remember what Megatron transforms into.

These movies are nothing but Michael Bays quest to make lots of money and bang the hot chicks he puts in them.

And who could blame him.

I actually did like the Bumblebee change to the Camaro. If you wanted to make Bumblebee smaller to be more like the cartoons he realistically would have had to be something like a 4 wheeler or golf cart. Even as a Volkswagen he would likely have been over 14' tall (actual length of a newer style Beetle).

I agree with them needing more of Soundwave. Having him as a satellite was dumb. To make him realistic though he would have had to be something more than a cassette player. When they made the movies they actually tried to keep things to scale. All the parts of a vehicle were accounted for on the robots. You didn't have a 15' tall robot changing into a Walkman. So I don't know what I would have made his other form as that could incorporate Laserbeak, Ravage, Rumble, etc.

I think the size is one thing they got right besides a few instances that include the Dinobots. Prime is probably around 30' long as a truck and probably close to that as a robot. A T-rex is only about 20' tall at max. So you had a robot that should have been 10' taller than the one he was riding. If they are going with realistic size compared to what their non robotic forms are then they failed miserably with the Dinobots.

Get outta here. Next you'll be telling me that rock stars formed their bands with the purpose of making lots of money and banging hot chicks in the crowd at their concerts.

Nice try, troll, but I'm not buying it.

ADVERTISEMENT