ADVERTISEMENT

*** Transfer portal tracker ***

If I'm not mistaken I was watching one of ECU's ncaa tournament games and he was brought in from shotsop to pitch in relief and he struck out the two batters he faced.
I think that was the second game versus Texas in the super regional if I’m not mistaken.

Like the additions so far, but we’re still a little light on pitching imo. Also I wonder how Gray dropped from batting .363 his first year at WKU to .203 last year.

Like the additions so far, but we’re still a little light on pitching imo. Also I wonder how Gray dropped from batting .363 his first year at WKU to .203 last year.
Could be just about anything. Bad luck, scouting report, pitched around, personal life issues, etc.

Transfer portal has been really good to UK. Would love to see a LH bat and SP added but every school in the country is also looking for those.

Not necessarily. Depends on the draft and the fallout due to that.

As it stands right now every position is pretty well earmarked by either a transfer or the two/three returnees (Pitre, Burkes, Rubalcaba). So, that's not much room to add more bats as it would probably be pretty difficult to convince a starter to transfer to be a backup. Yes, the draft could change that, but at that point you're not so much bringing in additional bats as you are finding replacements for what you're not getting.

As it stands right now every position is pretty well earmarked by either a transfer or the two/three returnees (Pitre, Burkes, Rubalcaba). So, that's not much room to add more bats as it would probably be pretty difficult to convince a starter to transfer to be a backup. Yes, the draft could change that, but at that point you're not so much bringing in additional bats as you are finding replacements for what you're not getting.
The draft starts this Sunday so we should know where we stand with everything by Tuesday night…hopefully.

The draft starts this Sunday so we should know where we stand with everything by Tuesday night…hopefully.

Never know. A part of it is how the money shakes out for each team. Maybe an early draft pick takes less money, so there is more for a later draft pick. Draft position can be a good indicator, but that money shakeout factors in pretty big.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT