Nm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThroughBlue

All-American
Aug 21, 2005
Andromeda
Votes are visible. If you would please explain why

Their best three players are basically the same player in differently framed bodies. I think we are better at the point guard and center position without question. Let’s hear the arguments for the Off guard and forwards

I keep what we have. I think there is one solid reason we are going to have a better year then Duke. Our team chemistry. Chemistry wins championships. Our team's players like each other, will sacrifice for the team and will work their butts off.

Add those characteristics with talent and you have UK Basketball 2018-2019.

Duke may have the top 3 Freshman and 4 of the top 10.

Kentucky has 9 top 30 players including 2 in the top 10 in Johnson and Montgomery.

We are going to run them Duke boys ragged.

Last edited:
Reactions: DTDcatfan
Duke has 3 elite players who essentially play the same position and 1 good, but not great point guard. But that's pretty much it. A center who has shown us nothing in 2 years and a bunch of mediocre at best bench players. Big drop off after 3 players.

Kentucky, on the other hand, can go 8-10 deep with little to no drop off. We have 4 big men who can put up 20+ on any given night, 3 point guards who could start for almost any team in the country, and a couple of small forwards/shooting guards in Johnson and Herro who can get a bucket any time they want to.

what moron would say yes? LOL DUke has 3 players . 3 . Now those 3 are great players but IMO Johnson is better then 2 of the 3 in terms of college players. Barrett is the best player in college but again 3 players. UK's roster is far more title ready. Hell in terms of being title ready there are 2 SEC teams IMO more title ready then Duke. You can't win a title without any decent sg , 1 good pg , and no good big men. Bolden has yet to prove himself even decent . Also their 3 great players all think they are sf or at least think they are ( Zion is a college center/pf ) . Not ideal.

Nope.
They have three great freshmen, but they're freshmen. We've seen that movie before (2014).

UK has veterans, are very deep down low and at the guard positions and UK will be a great defensive team, Duke might have to go zone again because they're going to get beat off the bounce constantly.

Zion is great, but he's not going to be able to fly through the air and dunk on good defenses, he's going to have to create and use his teammates, can he do that? Can he D up?

It'll be interesting, but the makeup of Duke's team is not good.

Morning after BBM, and some idiot is more worried about “hur dur, would I rather have Duke’s roster?”

I’ll gladly keep our roster and kick their ass in 24 days.

what moron would say yes? LOL DUke has 3 players . 3 . Now those 3 are great players but IMO Johnson is better then 2 of the 3 in terms of college players. Barrett is the best player in college but again 3 players. UK's roster is far more title ready. Hell in terms of being title ready there are 2 SEC teams IMO more title ready then Duke. You can't win a title without any decent sg , 1 good pg , and no good big men. Bolden has yet to prove himself even decent . Also their 3 great players all think they are sf or at least think they are ( Zion is a college center/pf ) . Not ideal.
Honest question. Is Barrett the best player in college basketball? I haven’t seen much of him. Is he heads and above all of our guys? I thought Johnson could stay with him and Washington is much improved.

Nay. They have more star power and athleticism. We have the better team. One person said yes, I'd like to hear why. You need more than 4 players to make it to the big game.

I want to see a Duke bust this season and I believe there is a good chance of that happening. UK’s roster is much more defense/team oriented than anything Duke can put on the floor.
I think there is a good chance we see an implosion in Durham this season. They have returning players that share the ball with the 3 Freshman and I expect friction. Williamson won’t have 5’9 HS players as his competition and athletic wings will out run him.

We have the best roster on college basketball.
There is none that I would trade with.

I don’t think I’ve ever wanted any of duke’s roster. Anti Duke to the max!

Only duke player I’ve liked is Kyrie.

No. We have the best roster in the nation. I don't think it's really that close.

Did you read the OP? Which one of us looks like an idiot now?
OP I Enjoy your post a lot. But how do we argue about a possible obsession by UK fans over Duke and we have a poll right after midnight madness asking if we would rather have their players.

Honest question. Is Barrett the best player in college basketball? I haven’t seen much of him. Is he heads and above all of our guys? I thought Johnson could stay with him and Washington is much improved.

He might be the most talented. But for the 6 months that matter, he'll be 18 with no upperclassman to guide him and he ain't no Anthony Davis. Duke doesn't have a lockdown defender.

Reactions: BassProCat
From what we've seen so far, this looks like a lock to be a top 3 Cal team. I'll take that over any other roster in the country 100/100x. Absolutely stoked about our potential, plus they are already a blast to watch interact and feed off each other.

Nay. They have more star power and athleticism. We have the better team. One person said yes, I'd like to hear why. You need more than 4 players to make it to the big game.
More like more than 3 players. There’s Zion, Barrett, Reddish and who else???

There won't be enough basketballs to go around at Duke,if K's back should happen to go out they will be in a world of hurt.I would want no part of the Duke roster,things will be fine till they lose a game or two,they do catch a break cause the ACC will be more down than usual this year,I know the pre season polls don't say so but I'm not buying it just yet.

Sure. Because we'd still have Cal.

By seasons end, those three will have zero improvement under K. Whereas under Cal, almost every player grows by leaps and bounds.

Duke has arguably the 3 best NBA prospects, they are very talented kids, but they are all wings.

UK has more depth, more experience, and more balance, and still a wealth of talent. I wouldn't trade our roster for anybody's.

We're 2/3 deep at every position w/ quality players. Dook looks to be 0 deep (w/ quality) at a couple spots. No way I'd consider that trade.

OP I Enjoy your post a lot. But how do we argue about a possible obsession by UK fans over Duke and we have a poll right after midnight madness asking if we would rather have their players.
It stemmed from some fan of another team (not sure if a duke fan or....) in a different thread about Duke/UNC being the favorites per ESPN; th fan claimed if the rosters were reversed we’d expect to be the favorites and insinuated that we would trade our roster for Dukes.

Was anxious to see how many of the chicken littles would put their names out there.

No. I Love My Team. And it’s only October.

We have a good group of kids. Most of whom can shoot. And are competitive. Hagans didn’t care if the buzzer went off last night before he was done shooting in the 3pt contest. He wanted to take all the shots there and see if he could make them. I love that.
This group’s work ethnic is unbeatable. Will we lose a couple games? Probably so.

Will we be beaten down this year? I don’t see it. These kids LIKE being punched in the mouth. They don’t cower. You punch them in the mouth and they start laughing. Which is always unnerving for your opponent.

Those 3 turds will shoot over 60 shots every game. Actually will be interesting since cam is the softest how he responds to not getting the hype or shots the other two get.
Splinter won’t hold them accountable or teach d the way cal does. Hell he might just throw them in a zone again.
He will let RJ and Zion run loose all
Year and they will look great at times and poor at other. The “others” will get very few shot attempts and that will mess with team chemistry.
No depth.
Can’t wait to get on this flight to Indy in 23 days.

I can only think of a couple of Duke players that I wish we had gotten Luke Kennard and Marvin Bagley of cash.

ADVERTISEMENT