ADVERTISEMENT

Toppin charge call

If anything is killin college basketball it’s the block/charge call. Refs are so quick to call charges, but the refs really called it poorly in the first 10 of the second half.
I would like to invent a new game that is modeled off of basketball, but has some different rules. I would make no rules about getting ran over. If someone runs you over, you need to get up, get stronger, quit being a baby on the floor.

Exactly. So just take the human judgement aspect out to the max extent possible and simplify the rulebook. If you stop your feet and fall (not being bulldozed through and tumbling) then its an auto D foul.

The worse thing to happen to college ball is when they changed how they called the B/C. You use to have to be completely set, no movement, and then they started saying "legal guarding position" and you get all the feet still sliding and all that trash.

Thus isn’t true at all.

The refs did their part getting Sarr out. McCormack two obvious fouls on him they didn't call and one they even give him free throws. We played terrible and didn't deserve anything but we know the refs will have to go after Sarr or Jackson a lot of games because with both of them all the time I think we are hard to beat if we just throw the ball to Sarr every time down the floor.

Refs were bad in the second half.
Are you an official? How is the block charge rule written? By the way I have been an official for 24 years.

-BBH- , I fixed your post. It was worded a bit wrong - here's the correct version. Refs were are bad in the second half all the time they are on the floor. [winking]

wrighcs1, see above post...............................I kid, I kid. Well only a little bit !!
🤣🤣🤣

if u r an official, and I need to explain the block/ charge rule to u, then are u not proving my point?
You made a comment that if officials would follow the block/charge rule as written it would never be called. I know how it is written, where it is in the rule book, and how to call it. I want you to tell me what you think how it is written. The only point that is proven is you have no clue about the rule. That's funny.

ADVERTISEMENT