ADVERTISEMENT

Top teams of each decade..

UNC behind both IU and Louisville in the 80s and I hate IU so I’m gonna go slit my fingers for typing such filth

80s is the only decade that team with most NC’s or at least tied for most got team of decade

Not sure how you can name Duke the team of the 2010's. I understand they've won 2 championships (same with Villanova, but neither here nor there) but I think you've gotta look at it in a broader scope.

Kentucky has: 1 National Championship, 4 Final Fours, 6 Elite Eights, 5 SEC Championships, and 6 SEC Tournament Championships.

In comparison, Duke: 2 National Championships, 2 Final Fours, 4 Elite Eights, 1 ACC Championship, and 3 ACC Tournament Championships.

Since Jan. 1st, 2010, Duke has 256 total wins, Kentucky has 261 total wins. Kansas has the most with 266 wins, for perspective.

Additionally, Duke has failed to make it to the 2nd weekend 3 times in the 2010's, compared to twice with Kentucky. Kentucky missed the tournament in 2013, but Duke has 2 first round exits in major upsets to Lehigh, and Mercer.

I don't see, objectively, how you could rate Duke ahead of UK in the 2010's, unless you put enormous weight on Tournament titles. The decade also isn't over. The writer most likely slotted Duke into 2010's to fit their narrative as a blue blood.

I had to channel my inner @JPScott to post this.

Last edited:
Louisville didn’t even make the top 3 for the 80s (UNC, IU, Georgetown). They did have two titles that decade of course, but also had some bad years, maybe even a losing season(?). He’s putting some emphasis on consistency, which makes sense to me.....

Not sure how you can name Duke the team of the 2010's. I understand they've won 2 championships (same with Villanova, but neither here nor there) but I think you've gotta look at it in a broader scope.

Kentucky has: 1 National Championship, 4 Final Fours, 6 Elite Eights, 5 SEC Championships, and 6 SEC Tournament Championships.

In comparison, Duke: 2 National Championships, 2 Final Fours, 4 Elite Eights, 1 ACC Championship, and 3 ACC Tournament Championships.

Since Jan. 1st, 2010, Duke has 256 total wins, Kentucky has 261 total wins. Kansas has the most with 266 wins, for perspective.

Additionally, Duke has failed to make it to the 2nd weekend 3 times in the 2010's, compared to twice with Kentucky. Kentucky missed the tournament in 2013, but Duke has 2 first round exits in major upsets to Lehigh, and Mercer.

I don't see, objectively, how you could rate Duke ahead of UK in the 2010's, unless you put enormous weight on Tournament titles. The decade also isn't over. The writer most likely slotted Duke into 2010's to fit their narrative as a blue blood.

:clap:

Still time to rectify the championship issue too.

ADVERTISEMENT