ADVERTISEMENT

Top 5 elite players who picked Duke in the NBA

I know I’m disturbed and pathetic- no job, no friends, no girl- but it amuses me how often in my college basketball posting career, I have to remind and teach Duke “fans” about their own program.

I hate UNC much more than Duke but it doesn’t happen with them or IU or Kansas fans. Just Dookies. Because they’re bandwagon johnny-come-latelies.

Big reason why I have zero respect for them.

I know I’m disturbed and pathetic- no job, no friends, no girl- but it amuses me how often in my college basketball posting career, I have to remind and teach Duke “fans” about their own program.

I hate UNC much more than Duke but it doesn’t happen with them or IU or Kansas fans. Just Dookies. Because they’re bandwagon johnny-come-latelies.

Big reason why I have zero respect for them.
Yeah. I had to tell two Duke fans the other day that they did, in fact, have a "Pro Day". They argued with me forever about it. Finally, I said just Google it. Two diehard Duke fans that didn't even know they had a pro day. Wow!!!!

Edit: I guess I can understand them not knowing, seeing as how theirs isn't nationally televised like the greatest college basketball program in history's is. KENTUCKY - WE ARE COLLEGE BASKETBALL. Oh wait, Capel tried to duplicate that too, along with Duke isn't for everyone. What a douche nozzle. [eyeroll]

Reactions: JoeBeeHall
No, moron- I was referring to the fact Duke has been past the Sweet 16 3x in 14 years- and one of those was a blowout Elite 8 loss.

So, K has two great runs and a bunch of crappy losses in the last decade and a half.

Always enjoy educating Duke’s bandwagon fanbase on their own program.
Coach K said his greatest win in the history of his career was against UK in 1992. Yes, he said it. I heard it with my own two ears. That was arguably the best Duke team ever. Meanwhile, UK was fresh off probation and played Mashburn and a bunch of left overs that stuck around. They needed overtime and a prayer to beat that UK team. UK won their first title in 1948. Duke won their first in 1991. That's a 43 year difference. Let's put it in even better perspective. UK beat Duke in 1978 for their fifth title (13 years before Duke won their first). Duke won their fifth title in 2015, with a lot of help I might add. Duke doesn't hold a candle to UK all time. Point blank period. Sure y'all Dukies wanna talk about a UK/Duke comparison all time? I really don't think you do.

No need for my lackluster takes. These two post did the job.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
We’re getting away from the fact this supposed life long Duke fan doesn’t even know the years they’ve won the title.

Now granted I am married to my sister, have no job or friends, and this is my entire life, but I would expect a big fan to know these things.

We’re getting away from the fact this supposed life long Duke fan doesn’t even know the years they’ve won the title.

Now granted I am married to my sister, have no job or friends, and this is my entire life, but I would expect a big fan to know these things.

Still hung up on that? I know the championship years. I was using 15 years from the 2015 title since that is what was referred to in a previous comment but you keep telling yourself you are "educating" people about their teams.

Yeah heard announcer say Kyrie has best crossover in game and the 2nd best isn't even close. I about spit my soda everywhere!! Aahhh He must if never seen Wall or Fox play lmao! Its just more duke and kschesspusski butt licking! I'll take Wall everyday over kyrie on 2 simple facts! 1 he is a better team mate, 2 he plays way better defense. Put Wall with Lebrizzy Jamizz and he wouldn't of tucked tail and ran to different team. WALL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>kyrie

The first step is admitting you have a problem. Well done. You can now move onto the next steps.

5 titles in 25 years. I will take it.

Unfortunately you think too highly of yourself, and ironically that is exactly what you accuse Duke fans of doing.

I have been a fan since I was 4 years old so I will just ignore that last part.

I will give it to you inbred Kentucky fans though, your love runs deep.

Duke fans pff.

I bet you’ve never even been in North Carolina. And that would be a smart bet, because the percentages are definitely in my favor.

But coach K has helped Dukes image reflect reality even though the media doesn’t cover it. No more nice and clean image that the NCAA loves to believe and push, you reflect the ghetto that Durham is. Bagley at Duke[laughing]

When coach K arrived at Duke, the university had standards for its athletes. When coach K leaves, Duke will be easier to get into than a community college. And that’s no hyperbole, where I’m from, Bagley could have easily been rejected by a board of regents institution.

You don’t have a real fanbase, Kentucky has seen the programs like Duke come and go. So really, it’s annoying, but Duke doesn’t bother us much at all.

Can’t wait to watch Capel burn Duke to the ground. It’s gonna be fun watching you bandwagoneers jump around.

Dude, you have got the most bland, smug, pompo and dorkish attitudes I’ve seen on this board in a long time.

What a dufus, definitely a Hood U Durham white jap.

Jesus. Good job on perpetuating the Kentucky stereotype.

This Duke fan is a douche. So is Morg.

Duke has had their moments. UK is the greatest program of all time.

That’s really all that needs to be said.

Jesus. Good job on perpetuating the Kentucky stereotype.

This Duke fan is a douche. So is Morg.

Duke has had their moments. UK is the greatest program of all time.

That’s really all that needs to be said.

What did I say?

White jap?

Durham is ghetto? It is.

Sorry if you’re offended.

You guys are hilarious. It is disturbing when you let a hobby control your emotions like that. Maybe you should be visiting your local pharmacist a little more to keep the voices under control.
Good hell, I am sure some of you guys have BP through the roof right now.
I have never witnessed a fan base that is so bitter about life in general. It is depressing when you really think about it.
I will give it to you inbred Kentucky fans though, your love runs deep.
There's that good old backwoods, moonshine lovin, snaggle tooth racism we knew you were capable of! Well done Clyde!!

WqFCc4T.gif

Gee whiz.

You already said that. It was wrong the first time and it is still wrong.
Ta
I have never witnessed a fan base that is so bitter about life in general. It is depressing when you really think about it.
I have never witnessed anyone want to brag about the job they have as their handle . I know why duke plays in that little cracker box gym they couldn't sell out a real arena like Rupp . Now BlewDevilfarmD are you really a UofSmell guy ? TROLL

Yeah. I had to tell two Duke fans the other day that they did, in fact, have a "Pro Day". They argued with me forever about it. Finally, I said just Google it. Two diehard Duke fans that didn't even know they had a pro day. Wow!!!!

Edit: I guess I can understand them not knowing, seeing as how theirs isn't nationally televised like the greatest college basketball program in history's is. KENTUCKY - WE ARE COLLEGE BASKETBALL. Oh wait, Capel tried to duplicate that too, along with Duke isn't for everyone. What a douche nozzle. [eyeroll]
Nope Duke isn't for everyone mainly it's for elitest rich snotty kids whose parents are footing the bill .

Ha! That’s rich coming from a guy who supports a coach that could walk into a gym in 2017 with black/white ratio of 50/1 and walk out with whitest guys in the state.

Gtfoh with that bs nerd.

It is funny you try and defend your nonsense, not just with me, but with your fellow fans because even they see you are trash. Trying to double down on it too, sad.

Ta

I have never witnessed anyone want to brag about the job they have as their handle . I know why duke plays in that little cracker box gym they couldn't sell out a real arena like Rupp . Now BlewDevilfarmD are you really a UofSmell guy ? TROLL

Actually I'm sure he is just an unemployed, bandwagon troll.

That is cute. Another one that just posts memes as an expression of their feelings. It is ironic that you would waste your time commenting, just to tell me to stop commenting.
You DO realize you just wasted your time commenting about me commenting on you asking to stop wasting your time commenting?

I can express my feelings however I feel like it. At least I have enough dignity not to attack others on another school's Rivals message board and not be a "D" about it.

I always enjoy seeing rival fans jump straight into name calling over some sports talk. Shows the intelligence level of the person real quick.

In that same span you are talking about, UK has 2 NIT visits, one of which was a first-round exit. I will take 2 championships over 1 all day.

I also see you like to cherry pick your range of dates into some random timeframe that can try and help you make a point. How about we go from the past 26 years and compare the results.

Don’t want to cherry pick? Ok, I’m in. . .

Anybody know how many more championships Duke has than Ky all time? And they are bound to have more wins than Ky.

You should have stuck to the cherries.

Last edited:
You look like the type that enjoyed that that show by Allen and that stupid song. That there would have been enough for me to change teams. Gayson Allen may be the next Bruce Jenner.

"gave stuck to the cherries"? Ok bro. Go home, you are drunk.

I love when people try and comment before even reading through the thread. This has been discussed already, buddy. Try again later.

I know. Just pointing out your comment is as stupid now as it was a few pages back. I might remind you again in a couple of pages just cause it pisses you off. Now go back to picking your cherries, cause you are about to run out . . .

You showed your bullshit when you dragged racism into a basketball discussion.

Just curious, what is your plan when the spit spewing snot slinging Ratface retires? You’ve got nothing but him. Even ESPN won’t be able to prop you up and no amount NCAA meddling will help. Guess you better get used to being bitch to the cheating filth across town. Man, that will be fun to watch you guys get slimed by the filth year after year.

Last edited:
Maybe offensively for Tatum. He’s an awful defender.

I don’t see it for Ingram.
I don't like Duke at all. Tatum is going to be a beast. The kid has played what 3 NBA games and you are labeling him an awful defender. I can't go.

I don't like Duke at all. Tatum is going to be a beast. The kid has played what 3 NBA games and you are labeling him an awful defender. I can't go.

Considering he was awful in high school and college- why would I think he’d be a good defender at a higher level?

Considering he was awful in high school and college- why would I think he’d be a good defender at a higher level?

"I don't know if surprised is the right word, but Jayson Tatum's defense is beyond his years," Stevens said before hosting the Philadelphia 76ers.

ADVERTISEMENT