ADVERTISEMENT

Top 2 Returning RB's in the SEC (PFF)

I wish that I could like your post 20 times, TuckyFB! I hope that Benny stays healthy and has a great year. I love the fight that he has in him.

That being said, we need for the other RBs to come in and produce in order to give Benny the rest that he got last year.

Reactions: mtn cat1
What's the formula used to grade players or Running backs in this case? Just curious

What's the formula used to grade players or Running backs in this case? Just curious

I have no idea any more, all I know is that it is a lot more complicated than it was back in the old days when I played, when you just grabbed the football and tried to run to the other end of the field.

I'm pretty sure it involves a little Calculus, Theory of Equations, and LaPlace Transforms, just not sure how much of each is involved.

I don't think any cover two is involved though, think that is only used on defense.

Beating out Scarborough, Chubb, Ralph Webb and several other really good backs. That's a nice honor for our Benny, and Guice as well.
Nobody has beaten out anyone. It's just a preseason projection by 1 website. But I hope it pans out.

I wonder the same thing, Chubb was the best back in the conference not named Todd Gurley until his injury, last year he was about 80% coming back from surgery 9 months later, reports are he is back to 100, if that's true he will be the top back in the conference, set to become the conference's all time career rushing leader.

I wonder the same thing, Chubb was the best back in the conference not named Todd Gurley until his injury, last year he was about 80% coming back from surgery 9 months later, reports are he is back to 100, if that's true he will be the top back in the conference, set to become the conference's all time career rushing leader.
Snell has a better offensive line than Chubb does. Over the course of a full season, that makes a big difference. But there are a lot of very good running backs in the SEC.

Nobody has beaten out anyone. It's just a preseason projection by 1 website. But I hope it pans out.

It's Pro Football Focus's evaluation of this year's running backs based on last years actual performance, not opinions or projections. It's not some homer opinion based award like SDS. PFF is a fantasy football site that uses hard data to make their evaluations. Therefore the fact that Snell evaluated out #2 is highly significant IMO.

It's Pro Football Focus's evaluation of this year's running backs based on last years actual performance, not opinions or projections. It's not some homer opinion based award like SDS. PFF is a fantasy football site that uses hard data to make their evaluations. Therefore the fact that Snell evaluated out #2 is highly significant IMO.
So then, it's a prediction for this year based on a website's projections of last year's stats. Nobody has actually set foot on the field yet. And like I said before, I hope they are right about Benny.

Snell has a better offensive line than Chubb does. Over the course of a full season, that makes a big difference. But there are a lot of very good running backs in the SEC.

I won't argue that, our OL would have been 15th last year in conference, but he was ranking RBs. If Chubb is like he looks and back to 100% he will leave as UGA and the conference's all time leading rusher. Yes he stayed 4 years, but missed 8 games one year and was behind Gurley 1 year and played last year at about 80%. I am not taking anything away from Snell he is a very good back, I just think they missed 1 of the top 2, Chubb is one of those, in my opinion, but that doesn't count anywhere but my mind.

So then, it's a prediction for this year based on a website's projections of last year's stats. Nobody has actually set foot on the field yet. And like I said before, I hope they are right about Benny.

No it's not a prediction. It says Highest GRADED Returning RBs. It's an achievement based on 2016 stats not predicting 2017 performance.

ADVERTISEMENT