ADVERTISEMENT

Top 10 worst major cities in the U.S.

Summary next time.
Detroit, worst city in the US, is best place to buy a home simply by paying back-taxes.
Whalers moved because Hartford sucks.
No Kentucky cities in top 10.
Memphis is in the Top 10 but for some reason when that city produces Top 10 basketball talent they never leave it. Go figure.
California can isolate all it's blame to Stockton and San Bernardino. Glorious, beautiful, utopian paradise everywhere else.
Springfield, MO is on the Top 10 worst
New Orleans, Chicago, Miami, DC are not

The following cities should be on there:
  • Jacksonville
  • Houston
  • Charlotte
  • Detroit
Jax SHOULD be a great city. It ain’t. It should be in Georgia because it has more in common with Jawja than Flawda.

Charlotte is a donut hole city. NO REASON to be downtown after business hours.

I have kin in the Detroit metro. They don’t even go to Detroit anymore

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Son lives in suburb of Detroit past 4 years , first on 8 mile , only white kid on the block(s) , moved to Ferndale from a house he paid 3500 for ( on 8 mile) to a house he gave 35K for , sold that for 90K after a 25K remodel , now lives in Southfield . We totally enjoy our visits there , Ford museums , Eastern Market , Windsor , of course you have to watch your self and dont be running around at 3 am . But I like Detroit .

I would nominate Columbus Oh as a shit hole , despise the place .

Pretty much every city has it's pros and cons. I've been to Detroit once and I enjoyed my time there. But I stuck to the safe areas.

I will say. I went to an event at the Detroit County Fairgrounds. If I grabbed a random person, put a blindfold on them, and then dropped them in the same spot I parked my car... They'd think I dropped them in a foreign country....

Downtown San Francisco is crazy. One one hand the city is ultra modern, new, and there is a ton of stuff to do. On the other hand at street level outdoors there are homeless people shooting up, peeing, pooping, and puking on the street. Its dirty yet new at the same time.

Whoever brought up Chicago and DC,both cities are really nice and clean imo. Never felt unsafe in either place and we walked for miles. Obviously there is a part of Chicago that is bad, but you would have to try real hard to end up there as a tourist.

Great video and a reminder to me to stay away from them. They all have something in common but I don't want to turn this into a political thread so I will hush up.
Something they all have in common. They have all been ruled by the same political party for years. Anyone with a thimble full of brains knows which party i'm talking about. It's the political party that destroys everything they get control over. Large cities, public schools you name it, & they have ruined it.

Well, there are no major cities in KY.

No, but the past Mayor attempted to convince the population it was the 16th largest city in the country and many believed it.

They might be the only city that boasts an international airport that really is not an international airport. Unless you are a box. Louisville missed the boat years ago to move forward like Indy and Nashville did. Now its compared to Cincy and Columbus, OH.

Reactions: homeytheclown
Detroit is a pretty interesting case because we don't have another city going through exactly the same thing in the US, yet. Detroit exploded with the car industry and annexed every community that popped up around it, making it huge. It now lacks the tax base to support itself and desperately needs to carve itself up into manageable pieces. It's like an old western boomtown but on a mammoth scale.
I know there are different ideas about how to manage it but there really isn't a model for them to go by.

Columbus is the 8th fastest growing city in the US, the fastest growing in the Midwest, with the second hottest housing market in the United States with houses lasting on the market an average of less than 24 days. It’s home to about 30 different corporate headquarters in completely different industries from Wendy’s to Chase Bank to Victoria Secret to Nationwide insurance basically making it recession proof. It’s population just passed 2.2 million making it the second largest city in the Midwest behind Chicago and larger and faster growing than Indy. Short North, German Village, Upper Arlington, Dublin, Grandview, etc are all awesome areas. Easton is one of the nicest and largest shopping centers in the Midwest and is about to start a 500 million dollar expansion in the fall. A new 2 billion dollar amusement park/outdoor man made lake development is starting this fall, a 300 million dollar downtown soccer stadium for the Crew was just approved last week. The list goes on and on.

How the hell you dumbshits just inserted Columbus into this conversation is beyond me.

Columbus is the 8th fastest growing city in the US, the fastest growing in the Midwest, with the second hottest housing market in the United States with houses lasting on the market an average of less than 24 days. It’s home to about 30 different corporate headquarters in completely different industries from Wendy’s to Chase Bank to Victoria Secret to Nationwide insurance basically making it recession proof. It’s population just passed 2.2 million making it the second largest city in the Midwest behind Chicago and larger and faster growing than Indy. Short North, German Village, Upper Arlington, Dublin, Grandview, etc are all awesome areas. Easton is one of the nicest and largest shopping centers in the Midwest and is about to start a 500 million dollar expansion in the fall. A new 2 billion dollar amusement park/outdoor man made lake development is starting this fall, a 300 million dollar downtown soccer stadium for the Crew was just approved last week. The list goes on and on.

How the hell you dumbshits just inserted Columbus into this conversation is beyond me.
Major-sized city...sports scene dominated by local university. Indy down the road. NFL and NBA franchise

Congrats! They are basically as big of a shithole as Cinci is! That’s no small feat!

Haven't been there in 10 years but basically the same defense for Cincinnati and more. Still a giant corporate juggernaut that creates jobs but the millennial entrepreneur has helped transition a Walmart/Amazon economy also into a local mom and pop economy especially in the urban core. The entertainment, food and adult beverage options are incredible and are just getting better. The CSO just recently received approval for another concert venue on the downtown riverfront. Almost every venue but US bank Arena has been remodeled in the past 10 years. The money this town has put into the arts alone is just staggering. Some gentrification was necessary in NKY also and isn't without its housing issues but fools that never leave the hollar are totally clueless.

Reactions: Vandalayindustries
Hey, if you don’t like Columbus that’s fine. It wasn’t even my idea to live here, I wanted to live in Arizona where I used to live but it’s the closest major city to my wife’s family so here we are. The weather is awful, there’s a bunch of annoying Ohio State fans, there’s no chance for an NBA or NFL team, and the people in general are very unattractive (maybe that’s a Midwest thing?). But saying it’s a shithole or one of the worst 10 cities in America or saying Columbus missed the boat to move forward is just stupid, it’s arguably the most thriving city in this entire part of the country.

Hey, if you don’t like Columbus that’s fine. It wasn’t even my idea to live here, I wanted to live in Arizona where I used to live but it’s the closest major city to my wife’s family so here we are. The weather is awful, there’s a bunch of annoying Ohio State fans, there’s no chance for an NBA or NFL team, and the people in general are very unattractive (maybe that’s a Midwest thing?). But saying it’s a shithole or one of the worst 10 cities in America or saying Columbus missed the boat to move forward is just stupid, it’s arguably the most thriving city in this entire part of the country.

Columbus...eh. It's for yuppies.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Major-sized city...sports scene dominated by local university. Indy down the road. NFL and NBA franchise
Columbus is very similar to ATX in many respects:

- state capital and state government seat
- sports scene dominated by local flagship state U.
- no NFL/NBA/MLB franchise
- comparable metro population sizes (2 million+)
- Columbus Crew MLS attempted relocation to Austin
- huge tech scene
- gigantic craft beer scene
- much colder up there in winter; hotter than hell during summers here.

Columbus is very similar to ATX in many respects:

- state capital and state government seat
- sports scene dominated by local flagship state U.
- no NFL/NBA/MLB franchise
- comparable metro population sizes (2 million+)
- Columbus Crew MLS attempted relocation to Austin
- huge tech scene
- gigantic craft beer scene
- much colder up there in winter; hotter than hell during summers here.
This is exactly right. They are both underwritten by the rest of their states' population thru the concentration of government spending & power for decisions elsewhere in their state plus the spending on the major state university. Those corp HQ's are only there to feed off this out-sized taxpayer spending (and then they bitch about overcrowding & need for more infrastructure.). Take state government & the state U spending away & one would be a cornfield & the other a ranch. Same reason for Amazon new HQ being in DC.

The situation is sickening. Yet the snowflakes flocking to these places have no clue - as don't those who tout these places.

Reactions: Wall Knight Teague
Indianapolis should be on there. Place is boring, food is garbage, it's in the worst state in the union, and every time I go there to see a basketball game I have a top three all time worst sports experience of my life.
Indy does blow. No personality and basically a leftover city for ppl who didnt make it in Chicago.

Detroit is a pretty interesting case because we don't have another city going through exactly the same thing in the US, yet. Detroit exploded with the car industry and annexed every community that popped up around it, making it huge. It now lacks the tax base to support itself and desperately needs to carve itself up into manageable pieces. It's like an old western boomtown but on a mammoth scale.
I know there are different ideas about how to manage it but there really isn't a model for them to go by.

It's exactly what is going on in Atlanta. City keeps annexing the smaller cities that the tax producers flee to trying to escape Atlanta's taxes.

Worked all over the country. When I started out mainly in Louisville, Smoketown, California neighborhood...Murders, junkies, hookers rats... Then i worked in South Philly, South Indy, West Memphis, and South Chicago. Louisvillles worst neighborhoods are havens compared. Other hellholes I've worked in...Baltimore, Buffalo, D.C., Birmingham.

Nice places I've been...Janesville Wisc, Flagstaff, Deadwood, Ft.Lauderdale,, Austin, Cleveland.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Indianapolis should be on there. Place is boring, food is garbage, it's in the worst state in the union, and every time I go there to see a basketball game I have a top three all time worst sports experience of my life.

Indy does blow. No personality and basically a leftover city for ppl who didnt make it in Chicago.

Facts. Such a bland tasteless city. Every restaurant there tastes like the people look - white and bland. The people there are like some parody of white corporate America, in the worst way.

Just a bizarre bizarre city that should be way better

The following cities should be on there:
  • Jacksonville
  • Houston
  • Charlotte
  • Detroit

It rains every damn day in Jacksonville, and people in Jacksonville don't know how to drive in the rain. Hell they can't drive period. I was there for 4 days and on two of them an accident had completely shut down traffic in one direction on a major highway. I had someone come to a complete stop in the middle lane of the interstate in front of me when it started raining hard. Every day I was there I avoided multiple accidents when people just braked for no reason or changed lanes without looking or signalling.

I could be wrong but I think they meant top 10 best on that one.

What's been up Ron you still biting your nails hoping that Wall isn't thrown up? You still have the port of entry so dont think all is lost! Leave that POS Mexican hell hole flag at home dawg!!

ADVERTISEMENT