ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Jurich: Louisville media's Harvey Weinstein

DrH. Lecter

All-American
Apr 5, 2007
Listening to Matt Jones radio and it is amazing to hear how the huge shadow of Tom Jurich was cast over every media outlet in Louisville. Anything said about Jurich would result in a phone call. Threats and intimidation.

And of course the casting couch of blowing up his ego was where you would go to curry favor with Jurich. Suntan man and others spent their time on Jurich's casting couch. Its no different than Harvey Weinstein in Hollywood. Both are bullies who used their status to intimidate and to enrich themselves.

Jurich and Weinstein are two sides of the same big fat coin.

Wonder if we'll ever hear the full truth about the cheerleader death in the football player's room or the two football players shot at the football party now that Jurich isn't threatening every media outlet in town....

Who knows. MJ said that he had many "moles" inside the program because so many of them saw what was going on and didn't like it. They feared for their jobs or ability to advance...much like actresses in Hollywood with Harvey Weinstein. Jurich used PR firms rather than attorneys. He was a master propagandist. Very similar traits.

Jones had to apologize back in June I believe for saying something along the lines of Jurich may be out. I don't blame Jurich for his dictatorship over the Louisville media, I blame the Louisville media for letting him do it.

Jones had to apologize back in June I believe for saying something along the lines of Jurich may be out. I don't blame Jurich for his dictatorship over the Louisville media, I blame the Louisville media for letting him do it.

I have a bit more sympathy with the reporters who didn't have much power or make very much money. They were easily bullied by the bosses. I am sure that story was repeated with every peon reporter who would try to write or ask a single unflattering question of Jurich or UofL athletics. Jurich wielded an iron fist and would smash down even the smallest outlet of criticism. MJ mentioned some really small radio shows where he'd receive a call from one of Jurich's thugs. Jurich had a PR firm that he paid to listen to EVERY KSR broadcast?!?!?! WTF?!?!

I have a bit more sympathy with the reporters who didn't have much power or make very much money. They were easily bullied by the bosses. I am sure that story was repeated with every peon reporter who would try to write or ask a single unflattering question of Jurich or UofL athletics. Jurich wielded an iron fist and would smash down even the smallest outlet of criticism. MJ mentioned some really small radio shows where he'd receive a call from one of Jurich's thugs. Jurich had a PR firm that he paid to listen to EVERY KSR broadcast?!?!?! WTF?!?!
I'm really looking forward to listening to the podcast later.

You know Barnhart is kind of a big nerd, but all of this Jurich stuff makes me glad we have him. I'm not saying he's the greatest AD in the country, but I have 100% faith in Mitch's integrity, and his commitment to make sure UK's reputation is not tarnished.

ADVERTISEMENT