ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Herman - University of Texas head football coach - double-standard for black athletes

Little did he mention how those Black football players put millions into his pockets as well as the schools. But when asked if they could get a dollar or two, all hell breaks out. Where is this coach then?
Talk is cheap coach, but like I said already, I watched many football games and never once did I see any coach having to wear body armor, carry a gun, wear a camera to coach a game.
How about supporting our real hero's, our everyday police officer who has to stand there and be spit upon, bricks thrown at him/her, shot at, cussed at and if this happened to a coach, that fan would be barred for life from attending any more games.

Yes, you are right, the average fan don't get it.

What a laughable bunch of bullsh*t.

"Are we going to let them date our daughters?"

What f*cking century is he living in?

Has he paid attention to who his players are dating?

The black athletes date white women like their life depended on it. Hell, they're even starting to date Latinos and Asians. It seems like damn near every race but black girls.

Being Texas football and all, I'm pretty sure players get a wink and wave whenever they make a U-turn or do anything short of rape and I hear tell that in some Texas schools and many others across the nation they get away with that too.

The student-athlete regardless of race lives a good life for 4-5 years while they're on campus on the dimes of rabid fanbases, big boosters, and state taxpayers.

"Are we going to hire them?"

Has he not gone out and walked around Austin?

Take a look at what Clemson does for its athletes in terms of connecting with corporate America.

College towns all across the country, especially in the south, are full of companies with former athletes.

There isn't a state or local bank, real estate, insurance, car dealership, radio/media group, etc that won't take a former athlete in a heartbeat.

""When I make an illegal U-turn and get pulled over, I fear about what the cost of the ticket is going to be. I don't fear that I'm going to get dragged out of my car and maybe killed because of something I said or did. And that's real for them."

In 2019, 9 unarmed black men were killed by the 700K police officers in this country. 10 unarmed white men were. Also, police officers are 18x as likely to be killed by a black man than these 9 killings.

Folks, this systemic racism thing by police is a hoax, a myth. It devalues George Floyd's life. And humans, even police officers, are less than perfect human beings.

Read this article today: https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-myth-of-systemic-police-racism-11591119883?mod=opinion_lead_pos5

""When I make an illegal U-turn and get pulled over, I fear about what the cost of the ticket is going to be. I don't fear that I'm going to get dragged out of my car and maybe killed because of something I said or did. And that's real for them."

In 2019, 9 unarmed black men were killed by the 700K police officers in this country. 10 unarmed white men were. Also, police officers are 18x as likely to be killed by a black man than these 9 killings.

Folks, this systemic racism thing by police is a hoax, a myth. It devalues George Floyd's life. And humans, even police officers, are less than perfect human beings.

Read this article today: https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-myth-of-systemic-police-racism-11591119883?mod=opinion_lead_pos5
The US demographic of the races in question is made up of about 72% white folks and about 13-16% black folks. So you’re own statistic say African Americans are more likely to die unarmed by the hands of the police.

Reactions: WildcatFan1982
Isn't the NFL and especially the NBA mostly black? I'd say black athletes have it pretty damn good in this country.

Hell some of them can attend college for 1 year and be a millionaire right after and be worshipped like a rock star by lots of people.

Last edited:
The US demographic of the races in question is made up of about 72% white folks and about 13-16% black folks. So you’re own statistic say African Americans are more likely to die unarmed by the hands of the police.
That would be an incorrect inference. If you want to use demographics, use the correct ones. Look at percentages of each race that are in jail or get arrested. Then take those numbers along with the number of each race that get killed by police while unarmed and make your conclusion.
People throw out numbers and percentages all the time. Most if them don't have a clue where they actually came from or what they mean.

Reactions: vhcat70
That would be an incorrect inference. If you want to use demographics, use the correct ones. Look at percentages of each race that are in jail or get arrested. Then take those numbers along with the number of each race that get killed by police while unarmed and make your conclusion.
People throw out numbers and percentages all the time. Most if them don't have a clue where they actually came from or what they mean.
Yeah what does prison demographics have to do with the death of unarmed individuals? Now you’re inferring that because there more African Americans in prison that they should be killed unarmed more likely?? Just so we are clear. I am a cop. I see this shit everyday. You’re trying to skew the statistics to fit the agenda. If you have more white marbles than black and green marbles, you going to pull out more white marbles.

Race in my community does not seem to be an issue. My kids don’t see skin color and I sure as hell don’t. I’ve been pulled over several times and held up for hours with no drugs and no reason to be held up. I think if your young and poor in America your more likely to get pulled over. I’m not sure it’s really about what color you are. Me and a 100 pound chick was pulled over and held up for a search over a loose Tylenol in her car. It took 8 cop cars to do this search and held Us up for 2 hours. I’m white so what exactly is my reasoning for being treated like a criminal over an OTC drug? Why did 8 officers need to be involved for me and a 100 pound girl? Maybe people should focus on getting better processes and less on every bodies a racist.

You ever been through a black neighborhood and seen how defiant and entitled those kids are? Now you may understand why there are so many more violent encounters with police, who are predominantly white. The media has created yet another hoax. Check the numbers. Way more white people, especially unarmed white people are killed by police than blacks but can you name any of the white people? This is all media driven.

Reactions: Burgcatfan
True, numbers don’t lie; but they can easily be manipulated.

Yeah what does prison demographics have to do with the death of unarmed individuals? Now you’re inferring that because there more African Americans in prison that they should be killed unarmed more likely?? Just so we are clear. I am a cop. I see this shit everyday. You’re trying to skew the statistics to fit the agenda. If you have more white marbles than black and green marbles, you going to pull out more white marbles.
Not what I was doing at all. That is what you were doing. If you're going to take the population demographics and the number of each race getting killed while unarmed and getting arrested,then use those numbers to infer that it is more dangerous for one race to get killed while getting arrested than another race, then you would be wrong. And that is what you did. You have to look at how many people of each race are getting arrested not the actual population. Sorry if that doesn't fit your agenda. I don't have an agenda. And I didn't skew any thing to meet the imaginary agenda you think I have.

Race in my community does not seem to be an issue. My kids don’t see skin color and I sure as hell don’t. I’ve been pulled over several times and held up for hours with no drugs and no reason to be held up. I think if your young and poor in America your more likely to get pulled over. I’m not sure it’s really about what color you are. Me and a 100 pound chick was pulled over and held up for a search over a loose Tylenol in her car. It took 8 cop cars to do this search and held Us up for 2 hours. I’m white so what exactly is my reasoning for being treated like a criminal over an OTC drug? Why did 8 officers need to be involved for me and a 100 pound girl? Maybe people should focus on getting better processes and less on every bodies a racist.
I used to get pulled over about once a month because I had to be at work at 4 am and drove an old beat up truck. They always asked me if I had been drinking, where I was going, and If they could look in my lunch cooler. This happened to me dozens of times. It was comical. I also had a police officer pull a gun on me cause I was getting out of my car at a book store and they had pulled someone over next to me. Told me to get back in my car. Completely uncalled for. And I am not black.

Reactions: EliteBlue
You ever been through a black neighborhood and seen how defiant and entitled those kids are? Now you may understand why there are so many more violent encounters with police, who are predominantly white. The media has created yet another hoax. Check the numbers. Way more white people, especially unarmed white people are killed by police than blacks but can you name any of the white people? This is all media driven.
I wasn't saying you are wrong. The math actually supports your stance.

You didn't read or chose to ignore this from same article::

"In 2019 police officers fatally shot 1,004 people, most of whom were armed or otherwise dangerous. African-Americans were about a quarter of those killed by cops last year (235), a ratio that has remained stable since 2015. That share of black victims is less than what the black crime rate would predict, since police shootings are a function of how often officers encounter armed and violent suspects. In 2018, the latest year for which such data have been published, African-Americans made up 53% of known homicide offenders in the U.S. and commit about 60% of robberies, though they are 13% of the population."

As you can see, blacks committed the majority of major crimes and yet are a minority of unarmed victims of killings by cops. You can also see that armed blacks killed is a lower percentage than their violent crimes percentage.

Isn't the NFL and especially the NBA mostly black? I'd say black athletes have it pretty damn good in this country.

Hell some of them can attend college for 1 year and be a millionaire right after and be worshipped like a rock star by lots of people.
They are mostly black and yet I've heard black players say the leagues are racist. Good grief. They're racist alright, a lack of white players. If they want to hire coaches just based on their skin color then let's do the same for the players. The white players aren't as good but we want to be equal, right? BS. You hire the best person for the job. Period. Quit feeling like victims. The media and Democrats have brainwashed you.

What a laughable bunch of bullsh*t.

"Are we going to let them date our daughters?"

What f*cking century is he living in?

Has he paid attention to who his players are dating?

The black athletes date white women like their life depended on it. Hell, they're even starting to date Latinos and Asians. It seems like damn near every race but black girls.

Being Texas football and all, I'm pretty sure players get a wink and wave whenever they make a U-turn or do anything short of rape and I hear tell that in some Texas schools and many others across the nation they get away with that too.

The student-athlete regardless of race lives a good life for 4-5 years while they're on campus on the dimes of rabid fanbases, big boosters, and state taxpayers.

"Are we going to hire them?"

Has he not gone out and walked around Austin?

Take a look at what Clemson does for its athletes in terms of connecting with corporate America.

College towns all across the country, especially in the south, are full of companies with former athletes.

There isn't a state or local bank, real estate, insurance, car dealership, radio/media group, etc that won't take a former athlete in a heartbeat.
Exactly. Has he ever been to a college party. Almost every black athlete is dating a white girl and you're almost surprised if you see them with a black girl. So to act like the white girls won't date them because of their skin color is beyond laughable. Most of the young generation doesn't care about skin color.

Reactions: EliteBlue
If leaders in police would simply demand their forces use the body cam and dash cameras they’ve BEGGED FOR then people would be less suspicious of these cops who pull these acts of violence regularly.

It doesn’t take the biblical wisdom of King Solomon to know as a juror , the party asking to review the tape is most likely the truthful party as opposed to the police department saying “ we’ll just take our word for it, don’t worry about the tape , or the body cameras or dash cameras “. To much power given to a small group who’s mission is to serve and protect.

Either use the tools our tax dollars purchase or we spend the taxes on education for the poor masses in need of help.

Reactions: ganner918
You didn't read or chose to ignore this from same article::

"In 2019 police officers fatally shot 1,004 people, most of whom were armed or otherwise dangerous. African-Americans were about a quarter of those killed by cops last year (235), a ratio that has remained stable since 2015. That share of black victims is less than what the black crime rate would predict, since police shootings are a function of how often officers encounter armed and violent suspects. In 2018, the latest year for which such data have been published, African-Americans made up 53% of known homicide offenders in the U.S. and commit about 60% of robberies, though they are 13% of the population."

As you can see, blacks committed the majority of major crimes and yet are a minority of unarmed victims of killings by cops. You can also see that armed blacks killed is a lower percentage than their violent crimes percentage.
The agenda driven masses don't care about actual facts or numbers because they aren't supportive of their agenda. So they omit those from their arguments

Little did he mention how those Black football players put millions into his pockets as well as the schools. But when asked if they could get a dollar or two, all hell breaks out. Where is this coach then?
Talk is cheap coach, but like I said already, I watched many football games and never once did I see any coach having to wear body armor, carry a gun, wear a camera to coach a game.
How about supporting our real hero's, our everyday police officer who has to stand there and be spit upon, bricks thrown at him/her, shot at, cussed at and if this happened to a coach, that fan would be barred for life from attending any more games.

Yes, you are right, the average fan don't get it.

Actually what the average fan doesn't get is that two things conveniently placed on opposite sides of an imaginary political line can BOTH BE TRUE at the same time.
This is done by our media, politicians, racists and opportunists in order to get or maintain more power and control of the spread of their ideology.
Black people are treated differently at times and are absolutely victims of police brutality at times.
The vast majority of police are heroes that are undervalued and bashed constantly by some in our society.
Both of those ideas are true. One is not more true than the other.

Don't be fooled by the right or left wing media into believing there is only one side or one truth in this matter. They are only using the gullible and mindless to influence their simplistic thinking and maintain power.
Side note: Don't be fooled by Presidents using violence on peaceful protesters in order to take pictures holding up a Bible in front of an empty church. .

Could you imagine sending your teenager out for a gallon of milk or to go out for a jog in your neighborhood and being scared they won't come back ? To have to condition your kids to act subservient to other people just so they aren't beaten ,or killed by the people that are supposed to protect them ?

The agenda driven masses don't care about actual facts or numbers because they aren't supportive of their agenda. So they omit those from their arguments
Sure. The whole situation is nothing but emotion. Rationality is a useless skill.

Actually what the average fan doesn't get is that two things conveniently placed on opposite sides of an imaginary political line can BOTH BE TRUE at the same time.
This is done by our media, politicians, racists and opportunists in order to get or maintain more power and control of the spread of their ideology.
Black people are treated differently at times and are absolutely victims of police brutality at times.
The vast majority of police are heroes that are undervalued and bashed constantly by some in our society.
Both of those ideas are true. One is not more true than the other.

Don't be fooled by the right or left wing media into believing there is only one side or one truth in this matter. They are only using the gullible and mindless to influence their simplistic thinking and maintain power.
Side note: Don't be fooled by Presidents using violence on peaceful protesters in order to take pictures holding up a Bible in front of an empty church. .
I fully understand what you are saying. I am 100% for law and order. I have been working with both the police and in the Black community for over 20 years with my business.
If anyone gets it, I feel I do. I have seen stuff that is not right, both ways.
I can not agree with the term "peaceful protesters". Just can not.
I have seen the damage first hand. You are correct about the media. What I am dealing with is not being reported in the news; and I am talking about car dealerships getting hammered with damage to new cars, cars being stolen, destruction to property. I can't work enough hours taking care of my customers.
There are bad police, I think everyone knows that. There are bad coaches, bad mailmen, bad waiters, bad sales clerks, bad teachers, and on and on.
We must stop bashing our police as a whole. What happens is the put mostly young rookies in the bad neighborhoods; senior cops use their seniority to get better areas. The young ones are thrown into an environment that makes them quick tempered, quick to judge all and some of them carry this attitude with them. I see it all the time.
But for coaches like Herman, star athletes, movie stars and others in the upper class to say what they are saying is just wrong.
What they say is no different than a bad cop thinking all Blacks are bad. Judge each on their own merit.

But man, the destruction I am dealing with is crazy. This is not a protest. The teachers did a protest last year and nothing was destroyed.
By the way, since 2015 more white unarmed men have been shot then unarmed Black men. This narrative the media is pushing is causing more harm then good.

Reactions: catswillwin
Could you imagine sending your teenager out for a gallon of milk or to go out for a jog in your neighborhood and being scared they won't come back ? To have to condition your kids to act subservient to other people just so they aren't beaten ,or killed by the people that are supposed to protect them ?
Actually the bigger fear in many of the neighborhoods like in Chicago is getting killed by drug dealers and criminals going to get that gallon of milk. As in the numbers of murders in that scenario is astronomically higher than those involving police. But that doesn’t fit the agenda does it?

Actually the bigger fear in many of the neighborhoods like in Chicago is getting killed by drug dealers and criminals going to get that gallon of milk. As in the numbers of murders in that scenario is astronomically higher than those involving police. But that doesn’t fit the agenda does it?
Anything less than perfection by cops is unacceptable.

Reactions: Lincoln_Cat90
I fully understand what you are saying. I am 100% for law and order. I have been working with both the police and in the Black community for over 20 years with my business.
If anyone gets it, I feel I do. I have seen stuff that is not right, both ways.
I can not agree with the term "peaceful protesters". Just can not.
I have seen the damage first hand. You are correct about the media. What I am dealing with is not being reported in the news; and I am talking about car dealerships getting hammered with damage to new cars, cars being stolen, destruction to property. I can't work enough hours taking care of my customers.
There are bad police, I think everyone knows that. There are bad coaches, bad mailmen, bad waiters, bad sales clerks, bad teachers, and on and on.
We must stop bashing our police as a whole. What happens is the put mostly young rookies in the bad neighborhoods; senior cops use their seniority to get better areas. The young ones are thrown into an environment that makes them quick tempered, quick to judge all and some of them carry this attitude with them. I see it all the time.
But for coaches like Herman, star athletes, movie stars and others in the upper class to say what they are saying is just wrong.
What they say is no different than a bad cop thinking all Blacks are bad. Judge each on their own merit.

But man, the destruction I am dealing with is crazy. This is not a protest. The teachers did a protest last year and nothing was destroyed.
By the way, since 2015 more white unarmed men have been shot then unarmed Black men. This narrative the media is pushing is causing more harm then good.
I agree with you 100 percent on everything except that there really are thousands of peaceful protesters being lumped in with the looters and rioters. It's really two different groups. Many of my friends are participating and breaking no laws in the process.
I spent 30 years in education and know all too well about media/political bias. The left loves to bash cops and criticize them while the right loves to do the same damn thing to teachers. Both professions are working for little pay and with populations of people that are undisciplined, difficult and violent at times. Not comparing the life threatening aspect of the jobs, just the fact they are damned if they do, damned if they don't and treated like dog sh** by both political parties and many in the public.

I have many black friends and neighbors. None of this is true for any of them. Can you imagine if what you said where actually true.

Anything less than perfection by cops is unacceptable.
What’s have to do with the thousands of blacks slaughtered by blacks every year? Is that acceptable? There were more blacks killed in Chicago last weekend than killed by cops the entire year. Any police brutality is unacceptable and reprehensible. But you tell me which has the most victims with no end in sight.

My only agenda is try to stop the slaughter of innocent people ! !To help stamp out Bigotry and hate !!Guess that doesnt help your agenda does it ?

I have many black friends and neighbors. None of this is true for any of them. Can you imagine if what you said where actually true.
It is true ! Maybe not in your Neighborhood but Sadly it is true ! just be thankful your kids won't have to deal with it !

putting it like this makes it even more crucial to address the issue of why black people commit more crime per capita.

ADVERTISEMENT