ADVERTISEMENT

Told y'all Brad was our best shooter

Absolutely. Why you think we're playing zone this year?
giphy.gif

When Cameron Mills was a freshman, did you ever think he'd hit meaningful shots? Mills took 12 shots over his first 2 seasons (made 5, only one of which was a 3).

I'm not saying Brad is going to hit 40+ 3-pointers in a year (50 percent from the field), but he is going to play at some point and knock down some 3-pointers.

Idk why some people won't give Brad his due. You saw his beautiful stroke, by far best on team. We haven't seen Jamearl's yet, but Vanderbilt told Bilas Brad was the best shooter on the team, and I have no reason to think he's lying. Brad was also pesky on D.

Reactions: KFuqua
He doesn't have a scholarship for nothing. We'll need him to hit some shots in March.
If we are depending on Brad for points, it's going to be a long season. I wish Brad the very best, but he is not going to beat anyone off the dribble and a good man to man defense will shut him down.

Reactions: robo222
My prediction is about 3.4 minutes a game. I will say he averages about 1.2 points and .45 assist a game.

Next year is when you will see Brad really start to make a difference and get some serious clock. We will definitely need upper class leadership next year, he will be one of the main candidates to do it.

Idk why some people won't give Brad his due. You saw his beautiful stroke, by far best on team. We haven't seen Jamearl's yet, but Vanderbilt told Bilas Brad was the best shooter on the team, and I have no reason to think he's lying. Brad was also pesky on D.
Wonder what his per 40 minutes stats were last year? They had to be good right?

Last night his stroke looked really good, except when it looked bad and hit the rim and backboard at the same time.

Reactions: Cat78Scot
He doesn't have a scholarship for nothing. We'll need him to hit some shots in March.
How much are you getting paid to post this false narrative? There are plenty of Ky kids who have dreamed of wearing the B&W, but the talent is not there.

The excuse that there was an open scholarship is troubling in many ways. How many talented 4* would loved to have signed with Ky?

How much are you getting paid to post this false narrative? There are plenty of Ky kids who have dreamed of wearing the B&W, but the talent is not there.

The excuse that there was an open scholarship is troubling in many ways. How many talented 4* would loved to have signed with Ky?

The explanation I've heard is that many of those kids want the playing time that they usually don't end up getting. Then you have discord in the locker room if they don't end up getting it.

It must be a fine line Cal has to play each year to get the right chemistry considering he is usually replacing the bulk of his team. I know I wouldn't want that headache.

Well, for 5-7 million a year, maybe I would!

Reactions: JC43
The explanation I've heard is that many of those kids want the playing time that they usually don't end up getting. Then you have discord in the locker room if they don't end up getting it.

It must be a fine line Cal has to play each year to get the right chemistry considering he is usually replacing the bulk of his team. I know I wouldn't want that headache.

Well, for 5-7 million a year, maybe I would!
Come on my friend! DO you really believe that excuse? There are plenty of talented good kids who could help this team. Besides, what we pay coach Cal, he should pay for his sons education.

Troubling in many ways? Seriously?

Reactions: Fox2monk
Troubling in many ways? Seriously?
Yes, very troubling. It appears this is the first time Cal has allowed emotions to get in the way of recruiting.

How many times will we here this year that Cal needs to play Brad so as to not upset Mrs. Calipari?

He actually is on scholarship. There was an unused one so he got it.

Really? I didn’t know that. If true, that’s kinda BS cause it’s not like Cal can’t afford the tuition. Hell, he payed for 2 students semester tuition last night, so why can’t he pay Brad’s? I’m sure that the other walkon families probably have far less money than Cal. That extra scholly should go to someone who needs it. Unless of course they have acedemic scholarships or grants, which is very possible. One of them was a high school valedictorian. So, that may be the case as well.

Reactions: Catswin9
Cal would rather save the scholarships for elite players in later years. You sign players ranked sub-50s every year just to fill out the team in a couple years half your team is average players who can't go anywhere and will eat up spots for 4 years.

Cal would rather save the scholarships for elite players in later years. You sign players ranked sub-50s every year just to fill out the team in a couple years half your team is average players who can't go anywhere and will eat up spots for 4 years.
It's good to have experienced players on the squad along with the revolving door of one-in-done players.

Reactions: UKCATSFREAK
Come on my friend! DO you really believe that excuse? There are plenty of talented good kids who could help this team. Besides, what we pay coach Cal, he should pay for his sons education.

What's to believe? I think Cal has earned the benefit of the doubt at this point. Could be a million reasons for the things he does and the choices he makes.

We'll never know all the ins and outs, until he breaks our trust he deserves to be given the leeway to run the program as he sees fit.

He's helped organize fundraisers and raise millions of dollars, he constantly talks about and teaches about the value of giving back. When you look around at the current landscape, who could do a better job at UK?!

What's to believe? I think Cal has earned the benefit of the doubt at this point. Could be a million reasons for the things he does and the choices he makes.

We'll never know all the ins and outs, until he breaks our trust he deserves to be given the leeway to run the program as he sees fit.

He's helped organize fundraisers and raise millions of dollars, he constantly talks about and teaches about the value of giving back. When you look around at the current landscape, who could do a better job at UK?!
Whatever coach Cal tells us must be the gospel truth.

Whatever coach Cal tells us must be the gospel truth

We just don’t come here to unnecessarily question his intentions or try to make an issue out of nothing. You, on the other hand, do exactly that.

Whatever coach Cal tells us must be the gospel truth.

Since you are the expert, please feel free to speculate on which 4* players want to come here and get recruited over every year and maybe carve out minutes a la Derek and Dom last year?

In my experience, good players want to play. Your contention is there are good players are willing to wait. Name them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT