ADVERTISEMENT

Today's question: 'Will' the Cats win the SEC Tourney?

KMKAT

All-American
Sep 17, 2003
Duluth
I emphasized 'Will' because anything can happen, like the year Shaq got thrown out of the tournament. Opened the door for our guys to take the title without a major pushback.

Are we capable to accomplish this?
What will it take to get back to championship level?

Its obvious we need Wheeler. We seem very thin when we lose one starter. Cal obviously hasn't found a lineup he truly likes.

So many questions, with so little left on the schedule.

goat.gif

Maybe, as we are starting to come into our own as our 5-1 record over our last 6 gms speaks to.

I emphasized 'Will' because anything can happen, like the year Shaq got thrown out of the tournament. Opened the door for our guys to take the title without a major pushback.

Its obvious we need Wheeler. We seem very thin when we lose one starter. Cal obviously hasn't found a lineup he truly likes.

Oh is Cal going to take it serious this year?

Reactions: warrior-cat
Very unlikely. Gotta get Wallace back to 100%. Gotta get Fredrick going, somehow. I think his issue is more mental than anything else. Gotta figure out pick and roll defense. Gotta figure out how to defend out of bounds plays. Gotta play great defense every time out- we've had a few games where our defense looked great but more where we didn't match the intensity of the opponent. The Ole Miss game is the latest example. There are too many deficiencies. COULD this team win the SEC tournament? If they don't get one of the 4 byes, I don't think they could- it would be 4 games in 4 days. We lack the depth. IF we managed to get a bye, maybe, but still very unlikely. Short answer: no.

I think we will win the SEC tourney proving Wheeler plays about 5 minutes a game. If he plays more than that, no.

But I will be there and hoping.

While I disagree with the bolded underline part, it also answers your own question. NO!

NO ! Our offense still has bad spacing and our defense is still bad. IF we get in the NCAAT we might win one game unless Cal corrects these problems.

Maybe, if every other team gets kicked out of the tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT