ADVERTISEMENT

Today's question: 'Will' the Cats win the SEC Tourney?

keegan-michael-key-laughing.gif

Reactions: warrior-cat
I wouldn't put any money on it, but I also wouldn't be shocked if things suddenly click and we make a run.

No, and you can put me down as a No when a thread is started about, “Will UK make it past the first weekend”, if they make the NCAA tournament.

Heck, while I’m at it, also put me down as a No, when a thread is started about if next season’s team accomplishes either one of those as well😂

It all depends IMO. They need to solve to pick and roll defense and CJ needs to get out of this shooting slump. If both of those things get fixed, then they have as good of a shot as anyone.

I think once the splint comes off of CJ's hand, he should start finding his groove. I refuse to believe he's a 35% 3P shooter when he had 2 years at Iowa shooting 46-47%.

It all depends IMO. They need to solve to pick and roll defense and CJ needs to get out of this shooting slump. If both of those things get fixed, then they have as good of a shot as anyone.

I think once the splint comes off of CJ's hand, he should start finding his groove. I refuse to believe he's a 35% 3P shooter when he had 2 years at Iowa shooting 46-47%.
Hmmmm..... let's think about what could be different between here and Iowa... that might affect his shooting percentage...
I notice he shoots well against less-athletic teams (which includes almost all Big10 teams)...
maybe it's being in the SEC (full of long athletic wings)... or maybe it's the coaching?

I'll go against the grain here, the 2017-18 team was no better and won the SEC tournament. I could see them getting hot and riding that momentum against a team like Alabama in conference championship. Can get favorable matchups.

The SEC tourney tends to have a crowd advantage for Kentucky too. Do still believe this team has the talent to make a good run to finish the season.

I emphasized 'Will' because anything can happen, like the year Shaq got thrown out of the tournament. Opened the door for our guys to take the title without a major pushback.

Are we capable to accomplish this?
What will it take to get back to championship level?

Its obvious we need Wheeler. We seem very thin when we lose one starter. Cal obviously hasn't found a lineup he truly likes.

So many questions, with so little left on the schedule.
No. Cats will lose their first game by 15 points.

Reactions: warrior-cat
There's not much division in this poll. Very few maybes is as good as it gets right now.

I emphasized 'Will' because anything can happen, like the year Shaq got thrown out of the tournament. Opened the door for our guys to take the title without a major pushback.

Are we capable to accomplish this?
What will it take to get back to championship level?

Its obvious we need Wheeler. We seem very thin when we lose one starter. Cal obviously hasn't found a lineup he truly likes.

So many questions, with so little left on the schedule.
Let's put it this way, I would not bet money on it right now.

Reactions: KMKAT
HH is the eternal optimist.
But he does share a common denominator with some on here.
He too has unrealistic expectations.
Love his passion, truly. But after a few occasions, I gotta from idiots. HH qualifies, for that to me, I run from the comments. He has become invalid to common sense. He continues to dig into his own craziness that know one pays attention to. Hopefully in time, he starts to contribute something new to think about. At the same time, I’ll take him everyday over Ed and KL90124. That ish has no relevance other than their own agenda.

Love his passion, truly. But after a few occasions, I gotta from idiots. HH qualifies, for that to me, I run from the comments. He has become invalid to common sense. He continues to dig into his own craziness that know one pays attention to. Hopefully in time, he starts to contribute something new to think about. At the same time, I’ll take him everyday over Ed and KL90124. That ish has no relevance other than their own agenda.
You too, like him, have your opinion.
There's a little bit of over the edge on both sides of the equation with many of us.
For example: The disdain for CCC seems to be the hot topic.
I too question his methods, but the lifetime contract and ridiculous buyout ( what were they thinking) pretty makes the whole thing a moot point.
I can want someone gone, yet know the likelihood of it happening soon, is slim to none.
HH may seem to have his head buried in the sand and can't seem to see the forest for the trees, but he has the right to post positive as much as others who post negative.
I'm thankful that this board allows those who choose to share their feelings can continue to do so.
Have a great day!

No, No, and he’ll no. They very well could lose their first game by 15. If and it’s a big if they do make the tournament they lose their first game. If pigs fly they’ win 1 game.

4 wins in 4 days and a coach who historically states that he doesn’t want to be there to begin with. Absolutely not

Honestly, I'm just hoping we get a good matchup and win the first game. All gravy after that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT