ADVERTISEMENT

To all the Memphis reporting how UK fans are losing it over Penny being UMs coach.

Penny bragging about being the place for "1 and dones" when everyone else in the sport is talking how they need to fix things and a commission report comes out to end 1 and done--which it will for 2020 class is just another example of trying too hard and seemingly not having a clue what the hell is going on.

He's bringing a super soaker to a machine gun fight. But hey, he landed Alex Lomax, Tyler Harris, and Jayden Hardaway. CBB is shaking in their boots. That's no different then a Josh Pastner class, only a little less talented.

The Lane Kiffin of CBB angle----without ever having to be an Assistant is going to be interesting to follow.

And Memphis fans, I'm not even a UK fan throwing my two cents here. Just laugh at idea he's going to take over CBB at a second tier program that has been relevant during the Dana Kirk 1980's and Cal's tenure within the last 50 years.

Penny bragging about being the place for "1 and dones" when everyone else in the sport is talking how they need to fix things and a commission report comes out to end 1 and done--which it will for 2020 class is just another example of trying too hard and seemingly not having a clue what the hell is going on.

He's bringing a super soaker to a machine gun fight. But hey, he landed Alex Lomax, Tyler Harris, and Jayden Hardaway. CBB is shaking in their boots. That's no different then a Josh Pastner class, only a little less talented.

The Lane Kiffin of CBB angle----without ever having to be an Assistant is going to be interesting to follow.

And Memphis fans, I'm not even a UK fan throwing my two cents here. Just laugh at idea he's going to take over CBB at a second tier program that has been relevant during the Dana Kirk 1980's and Cal's tenure within the last 50 years.

GP

Hired Pastner thinking he would reel in the big fish. Then hired ex UK coach Tubby. Supposedly we start looking at Penny as a recruiter/assistant coach and they hire him. I'm seeing a pattern. When he's gone we should start a rumor we're going after some other pitiful soul and see where that goes.

Memphis Middle pounds their chest when they perceive anything as positive.

I'm not lying when I say they would rather have Penny than Cal. They are that delusional about the situation. You can't reason with that. They will talk shit to programs that have more in one year of decent basketball than they do in their entire century old program. They're nothing, and if I wasn't an alumn and around a ton of Memphis fans, I wouldn't realize half of this.

They trail Tennessee and Louisville historically. That's how insignificant they are.

Memphis is trying to lure UK into a competition. Penny knows why he's saying the things he is. They want to feel relevant and beside UK.

You'd think they'd want to tackle Vandy or UT first. That's who you're dealing with.

Relax. I would post on Dockery but I've been banned. I live in Memphis and kinda have a feel of you guys. First. UK fans are not concerned about Penny and how he will impact UK. You guys have to understand. The % of UK fans who post here. Are very small. UKs fan base is world wide. So to think what you read here reflects on UKs fan base. Well. It's kinda cute and silly. Yes losing Wiseman would not be good. But lets be honest. Ky will have 5 players who will play at the next level jumping over each other to take that scholly. I'm happy for you. Penny is a AAU coach with HS experience convincing you guys he will compete at a NC level. Well you had that. Josh had rediculous classes and even out recruited Cal on a couple guys. You seen how that turned out. I'm rooting for UM. But guys never be that delusional to think that UK or it's world wide fan base is losing any sleep over you or your program. UK is just on a different level. I understand its fun to put yourselves in a conversation with UK. But at the end of the day. UKs playing field is so much different then anything you guys have ever seen. Sorry .i see Penny bringing in good players. I just don't see the success. Houston tried with Drexel. At this level you gotta be able to coach. Plus I'm hoping Penny stays outa that dirty side of Memphis AAU ball. If you live here you Know. Penny was paid and his grades squared away for him. Penny was a prop 48 then became a honor student .hmmm. people here know how the system works. Hopefully Penny gets guys on his name. If not. In this day and time. Penny will go down hard. Gonna be fun to watch how it unfolds..

You honestly believe there are not any UK players with cooked grades since Cal got on campus?

Google UOTE="Jakarii, post: 6888908, member: 57583"]I always find that you can see how important another team/coach/player is is by seeing how often they are talked about on other teams sites. Clearly Memphis fans are worried about UK and Vice versa due to james Wiseman. It’s obvious because neither site is mentioning anything about the other schools that are on Wisemans list[/QUOTE]
Memphis Middle pounds their chest when they perceive anything as positive.

I'm not lying when I say they would rather have Penny than Cal. They are that delusional about the situation. You can't reason with that. They will talk shit to programs that have more in one year of decent basketball than they do in their entire century old program. They're nothing, and if I wasn't an alumn and around a ton of Memphis fans, I wouldn't realize half of this.

They trail Tennessee and Louisville historically. That's how insignificant they are.

Memphis is trying to lure UK into a competition. Penny knows why he's saying the things he is. They want to feel relevant and beside UK.

You'd think they'd want to tackle Vandy or UT first. That's who you're dealing with.

Louisville, yes we trail. The other 2, check your history. Neither has made a Final Four, ever. Memphis made more Elite 8s in the 2000s than those 2 combined have in 100 years. While Memphis doesn't have the pedigree of a blue blood like UK, Duke, UNC, or KU, it is historically a Top 25 program that makes deep runs in the tournament every decade. Acting as if Memphis is a chump program is simply ignorant.

You honestly believe there are not any UK players with cooked grades since Cal got on campus?

Google UOTE="Jakarii, post: 6888908, member: 57583"]I always find that you can see how important another team/coach/player is is by seeing how often they are talked about on other teams sites. Clearly Memphis fans are worried about UK and Vice versa due to james Wiseman. It’s obvious because neither site is mentioning anything about the other schools that are on Wisemans list

Louisville, yes we trail. The other 2, check your history. Neither has made a Final Four, ever. Memphis made more Elite 8s in the 2000s than those 2 combined have in 100 years. While Memphis doesn't have the pedigree of a blue blood like UK, Duke, UNC, or KU, it is historically a Top 25 program that makes deep runs in the tournament every decade. Acting as if Memphis is a chump program is simply ignorant.[/QUOTE]

Memphis trails UT head to head. Louisville owns your program inside and out. Those are historically two of UK's most owned bitches. Which begs the question, why are you here? This is the big boys table, mid major programs like Memphis have no business here.

You have one final four on the books, losing records to programs like UT and Louisville. Lol. Your program is loud and obnoxious, but you aren't close to elite. Not even tier two, three, or four.

ESPN rated your program in the 60's yet you are here talking sht to the number one program of all time. This is why we laugh at you dumbasses.

Lol.

I love that he is there . He is going to BOMB. And despite what people think he ain't going to beat us for any top 25 recruits. Why would Cal be afraid of a guy who has never coached a single game in college much less not gotten a single kid to the NBA. Yawwwwwn. Seriously we have things that are actually issues . This isn't one of them.

I know one thing. A couple of other scouting guys have changed their picks to Memphis after talking to Wiseman during the week

If any UK fan is in fear of Uncle Penny at Memphis, we need to talk. There are many things to worry about besides this. As far as Memphis, try to become number one in the state of Tennessee before thinking you are going to bury the dominate team in the next state north of you.

Memphis is simply trying to build a competitive program with local talent coached by a Tiger legend. That should in turn get the fans to return.

what we're doing is about us...not UK...UK simply happens to be after local kids we want as well.

Even if we don't land kids like Wiseman and Jeffries it signals Memphis isn't afraid to go after five-star kids...Tubby sure was.

no sir, we hired Pastner because no one wanted to follow Cal. Mike Anderson, Scott Drew, Tim Floyd, and Leonard Hamilton were all offered the Memphis job before Pastner.

Oh that list was a lot bigger than that. You were turned down no less than 8 times.

I get what Memphis is doing, but your little fan base is annoying as hell. It's not even little brother Louisville annoying, more like the incest step child you want to bury in the closet.

There's only one type of recruit Memphis has a chance with against UK. And that's local talent. We just happen to have a pipeline through it.

Memphis is doing what Memphis does. Pump the chest up real big, threaten local kids into staying, and pretend to be a real elite basketball school. Penny was about tickets, Memphis has so much apathy due to the Grizzlies nowadays that they'll try anything, even a middle school basketball coach. They figure if he can't win at least we might sell a few thousand more tickets and not rate at the bottom of the AAC in attendance.

Reactions: Cat in ga
I get what Memphis is doing, but your little fan base is annoying as hell.

well, good...If you like us is means we're not battling you for the Wiseman and Jeffries of the world.

this isn't the first time Memphis handed it's program over to a former Tiger legend. I'd be Okay with Larry Finch part II

I mean he brought in kids like Elliot Petty/Penny Hardaway and took us to an Elite Eight/Sweet16...I'd be fine with that right about now.

Moreover, if you saw the Grizzlies record this season you would know they have nothing to do with it...

All I know is this: Penny Hardaway better strike while the iron is hot. This is his big moment. He needs to sign a top 10 class between now and September. Once it becomes clear he can't coach on a high level, he's running an AAU team out there, and they don't win, the recruiting will suffer. He may keep Memphis guys home but national recruiting, even getting a guy like Wiseman out of Nashville (which is looking less likely to me), will suffer.

In the words of another Memphis product, Elvis Presley, It's Now or Never Penny Hardaway. In other words, if he can't threaten Calipari right now, he never will. And let's be honest, even if he got a couple nice recruits, Memphis isn't going to be a real national threat anytime soon.

and just like that, Penny adds Malcolm Dandridge...

https://247sports.com/Player/Malcolm-Dandridge-94690

Ughhh dude really? You embarrassed yourself. I just left Memphis a couple of days ago. The city is energized. I was happy to see family and friends excited again. But don't kid yourself. UM will never be on UKs level consistently. My point of this post was to just comment on how Some UM fans think reading posts on RR , was a indication on the entire fan base. I laughed. Cute and funny. When i tell people this entire state basically shuts down when UK plays. They dont believe me. I say UK for most here is cradle to grave. A fan base that is home grown and built over years and generations of families not only in the state. Across the world. UM fans say im over doing it. I don't know how else to explain it. UM fans are enjoying this right now. Squeezing everything outa these moments. Good for them.

So far these are all Memphis level recruits that have usually gone to Memphis until Penny put the lock on that so he could get the job--which is fine. If he's got that clout in city and can help put asses in the seats, which is most important for the program, then he/they did what they had to do. However, you talk all this **** and then end up with guys announcing for the program that aren't going to make a damn dent in terms of altering the national perception or ability to compete nationally.

Acting and dressing cool are fine. Then you have to coach. That will shut us doubters up and we'll compliment the job he's doing and salute Memphis program or it'll be a unleashing of bombs--only coming from the coaches who are laying in weeds and taking note as Memphis keeps negative recruiting and saying things about other schools that are laughable considering the inexperience. Let's just say when things get tough--you can't have Nike send you a player to help you out in the middle of the season because the homegrown team is lacking.

I was rooting for Penny to get hired at Memphis. If we lose Wiseman over it, so be it. This is Kentucky, a single recruit, no matter how good, will not make or break us. I still think Cal will land him so it doesn't much matter.
There are exceptions. In hindsight Anthony Davis would be one. We don't win the NC without him. JMO

They honestly think we are worried about Penny and Memphis? Let him win something besides a high school or AAU game before anointing him the next great coach.

I know one thing. A couple of other scouting guys have changed their picks to Memphis after talking to Wiseman during the week
Good thing he isn't reclassify and has a whole year of recruiting left to complete. People change picks all the time for the clicks

So far these are all Memphis level recruits that have usually gone to Memphis until Penny put the lock on that so he could get the job--which is fine. If he's got that clout in city and can help put asses in the seats, which is most important for the program, then he/they did what they had to do. However, you talk all this **** and then end up with guys announcing for the program that aren't going to make a damn dent in terms of altering the national perception or ability to compete nationally.

Acting and dressing cool are fine. Then you have to coach. That will shut us doubters up and we'll compliment the job he's doing and salute Memphis program or it'll be a unleashing of bombs--only coming from the coaches who are laying in weeds and taking note as Memphis keeps negative recruiting and saying things about other schools that are laughable considering the inexperience. Let's just say when things get tough--you can't have Nike send you a player to help you out in the middle of the season because the homegrown team is lacking.

Wrong. Tubby poisoned the pipeline of Memphis area recruits going to Memphis when he demoted Keelon Lawson. Instead of having a recruiting assistant who could be in every Team Penny practice and game even during dead periods, he chose to demote Lawson and promote his worthless son. You then had a disgruntled former employee that could have been recruiting for you, suddenly recruiting against you. Penny had nothing to do with this.

Wrong. Tubby poisoned the pipeline of Memphis area recruits going to Memphis when he demoted Keelon Lawson. Instead of having a recruiting assistant who could be in every Team Penny practice and game even during dead periods, he chose to demote Lawson and promote his worthless son. You then had a disgruntled former employee that could have been recruiting for you, suddenly recruiting against you. Penny had nothing to do with this.

Penny is already making enemies by dirty recruiting. And he's proving how little experience he has. It will cost him dearly down the road. He cannot compete with the guys he's trashing.

Memphis is pathetic.

Daltonfan is a good poster and insider. He has good info. If he says penny is negatively recruiting, he is. But we've already seen the proof of it enough to know.

Can't wait for it to blow up in his face. It will. Just wait.

Penny is already making enemies by dirty recruiting. And he's proving how little experience he has. It will cost him dearly down the road. He cannot compete with the guys he's trashing.

Memphis is pathetic.

Daltonfan is a good poster and insider. He has good info. If he says penny is negatively recruiting, he is. But we've already seen the proof of it enough to know.

Define dirty recruiting. Is it going after kids that were committed before Penny even was hired? Or is it using a runner/shoe company to fill the bank account of a family? If it's the former, all is fair in love, war, and recruiting. If it's the latter, please site examples and/or sources. Legit sources, not friend of a friend who's dog heard Penny gave money to a recruit.

Memphis is pathetic.

If this is inexperience, can't wait for him to get experience. Top 30 class in 6 weeks on the job. Signed a nice 4 year player for 2019. Has Memphis in a 50/50 battle for the #1 recruit who 6 weeks ago was 100% UK. Has Memphis in the mix for Hurt, Watford, and a few other players that Tubby couldn't even get meetings with.

Wiseman will most likely go to UK. Hurt will most likely go somewhere else. At least he is trying to land these kids while also locking down solid 3 and 4 star kids that will be on campus for 3-4 years.

Define dirty recruiting. Is it going after kids that were committed before Penny even was hired? Or is it using a runner/shoe company to fill the bank account of a family? If it's the former, all is fair in love, war, and recruiting. If it's the latter, please site examples and/or sources. Legit sources, not friend of a friend who's dog heard Penny gave money to a recruit.

Penny is dirty recruiting against Cal right now. I don’t have to source for you I can read between the lines of what’s been said. You might not consider it “dirty”, but it is. It doesn’t matter anyway. Penny is small time, mid major coach with no experience. He’s not a threat to anyone other than a few Memphis kids.

1 final four in a century of basketball. Why are you here?

Memphis is pathetic.

Negativity is not UK related---Hardaway and crew are really talking a lot of garbage about a ton of programs and coaches are talking....so it just puts a bigger microscope on him/staff/program. UK, Cal and staff have a good relationship with Penny and it's a competitive but nothing out of norm battle for Wiseman.

I'll meet the Tiger fan halfway. And I'll never deny Tubby's giving Saul a job or place that he didn't earn, but there are enough people that supported the blackballing--as the movement was to dump Tubby--who shouldn't have ever been hired, and enough that have said Penny was involved. They all don't run in same circle either.

I'll be first to compliment Memphis, Penny and crew if they do the job they are automatically being treated as if it's a "given" they'll accomplish. Just tired of the talk and seeing the same type of stuff Memphis has always done in past and acting like it's some accomplishment of epic level, when the city had been locking program out for their players.

And I'm not a UK fan, just a visiting poster who talks hoops with the fans here and shares some info when I get it, so no dog in the Wiseman fight.

Reactions: morgousky
Negativity is not UK related---Hardaway and crew are really talking a lot of garbage about a ton of programs and coaches are talking....so it just puts a bigger microscope on him/staff/program. UK, Cal and staff have a good relationship with Penny and it's a competitive but nothing out of norm battle for Wiseman.

I'll meet the Tiger fan halfway. And I'll never deny Tubby's giving Saul a job or place that he didn't earn, but there are enough people that supported the blackballing--as the movement was to dump Tubby--who shouldn't have ever been hired, and enough that have said Penny was involved. They all don't run in same circle either.

I'll be first to compliment Memphis, Penny and crew if they do the job they are automatically being treated as if it's a "given" they'll accomplish. Just tired of the talk and seeing the same type of stuff Memphis has always done in past and acting like it's some accomplishment of epic level, when the city had been locking program out for their players.

And I'm not a UK fan, just a visiting poster who talks hoops with the fans here and shares some info when I get it, so no dog in the Wiseman fight.

Penny was a last ditch effort. But i like your post keep it up.

And ftr, the dirty recruiting is memphis style. They're a bunch of wanna be morons. This is typical.

Many of us lose it over Penny. She's hot. We are talking about Big Bang Theory, right?

Pics to keep this thread on track...

Kaley-Cuoco-Hot-23-Wallpapers--06-560x420.jpg

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
Louisville, yes we trail. The other 2, check your history. Neither has made a Final Four, ever. Memphis made more Elite 8s in the 2000s than those 2 combined have in 100 years. While Memphis doesn't have the pedigree of a blue blood like UK, Duke, UNC, or KU, it is historically a Top 25 program that makes deep runs in the tournament every decade. Acting as if Memphis is a chump program is simply ignorant.

Memphis trails UT head to head. Louisville owns your program inside and out. Those are historically two of UK's most owned bitches. Which begs the question, why are you here? This is the big boys table, mid major programs like Memphis have no business here.

You have one final four on the books, losing records to programs like UT and Louisville. Lol. Your program is loud and obnoxious, but you aren't close to elite. Not even tier two, three, or four.

ESPN rated your program in the 60's yet you are here talking sht to the number one program of all time. This is why we laugh at you dumbasses.

Lol.[/QUOTE]

Funny that you site head to head as "owning" another program. So UT "owns" Memphis strictly by head to head? You realize Memphis is undefeated against Kentucky, right? Memphis is hands down the best basketball program in the state of Tennessee, and it's not even close.

Come on boss move along. Cal is the best thing you guys ever had. He is phenomenal here, nothing you say matters. Cal will continue to get the best and have us in contention every year he is here. Whatever failures he has had DO NOT MATTER to recruits. You hope that it would but it does not at all.

It obviously doesn’t matter to recruits. Just wondering how a normally irrational fan base is rationalizing lack of results considering the results vs inferior teams when the “lights are on.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT