ADVERTISEMENT

To all the Memphis reporting how UK fans are losing it over Penny being UMs coach.

Dec 31, 2007
Relax. I would post on Dockery but I've been banned. I live in Memphis and kinda have a feel of you guys. First. UK fans are not concerned about Penny and how he will impact UK. You guys have to understand. The % of UK fans who post here. Are very small. UKs fan base is world wide. So to think what you read here reflects on UKs fan base. Well. It's kinda cute and silly. Yes losing Wiseman would not be good. But lets be honest. Ky will have 5 players who will play at the next level jumping over each other to take that scholly. I'm happy for you. Penny is a AAU coach with HS experience convincing you guys he will compete at a NC level. Well you had that. Josh had rediculous classes and even out recruited Cal on a couple guys. You seen how that turned out. I'm rooting for UM. But guys never be that delusional to think that UK or it's world wide fan base is losing any sleep over you or your program. UK is just on a different level. I understand its fun to put yourselves in a conversation with UK. But at the end of the day. UKs playing field is so much different then anything you guys have ever seen. Sorry .i see Penny bringing in good players. I just don't see the success. Houston tried with Drexel. At this level you gotta be able to coach. Plus I'm hoping Penny stays outa that dirty side of Memphis AAU ball. If you live here you Know. Penny was paid and his grades squared away for him. Penny was a prop 48 then became a honor student .hmmm. people here know how the system works. Hopefully Penny gets guys on his name. If not. In this day and time. Penny will go down hard. Gonna be fun to watch how it unfolds..

Reactions: TopCatCal
rediculous

J.J.%20-%20ridiculously%20gay.jpg

What I find funny is they always says some nonsense like, "The days of walking into Memphis and getting recruits is over." Umm, here the list of players UK got out of Memphis all time.
1. Richard Madison
2. I guess Brad Calipari went to elementary school in Memphis.

That's it, no one gives a shit about Memphis. Oh and Wiseman from Nashville.

Lmao this is news to me, so apparently we are supposed to be worried about the new head coach of Memphis? And our fans are going into a frenzy over it? Would love to see the examples of our fans 'losing it' over penny being hired. Ha maybe if it was a blue blood they'd be onto something.

I always find that you can see how important another team/coach/player is is by seeing how often they are talked about on other teams sites. Clearly Memphis fans are worried about UK and Vice versa due to james Wiseman. It’s obvious because neither site is mentioning anything about the other schools that are on Wisemans list

Yeah I'd say about 80% of the UK fanbase has no idea Penny is Memphis' new coach. And a section that has no idea who Penny is. It's cute though.

Lmao this is news to me, so apparently we are supposed to be worried about the new head coach of Memphis? And our fans are going into a frenzy over it? Would love to see the examples of our fans 'losing it' over penny being hired. Ha maybe if it was a blue blood they'd be onto something.
I wish a blue blood would hire a high school coach. I would laugh my ass off

I always find that you can see how important another team/coach/player is is by seeing how often they are talked about on other teams sites. Clearly Memphis fans are worried about UK and Vice versa due to james Wiseman. It’s obvious because neither site is mentioning anything about the other schools that are on Wisemans list
Worried about Memphis over 1 recruit? LOL, get real, we're old money, we laugh at new money and Memphis ain't even that yet. We've been doing this a looooong time and there is no 1 recruit that will ever make or break our program.

havent seen one comment from and UK fan tripping over penny. WGAF?

Yeah, I haven't read much into anyone jumping off of a bridge just because Penny got the Memphis job. But I will agree with the OP, Memphis has been dirty with HS players in both basketball and football for a long while and the facts are in on that as one of our football assistant found out years ago under Mumme.

Relax. I would post on Dockery but I've been banned. I live in Memphis and kinda have a feel of you guys. First. UK fans are not concerned about Penny and how he will impact UK. You guys have to understand. The % of UK fans who post here. Are very small. UKs fan base is world wide. So to think what you read here reflects on UKs fan base. Well. It's kinda cute and silly. Yes losing Wiseman would not be good. But lets be honest. Ky will have 5 players who will play at the next level jumping over each other to take that scholly. I'm happy for you. Penny is a AAU coach with HS experience convincing you guys he will compete at a NC level. Well you had that. Josh had rediculous classes and even out recruited Cal on a couple guys. You seen how that turned out. I'm rooting for UM. But guys never be that delusional to think that UK or it's world wide fan base is losing any sleep over you or your program. UK is just on a different level. I understand its fun to put yourselves in a conversation with UK. But at the end of the day. UKs playing field is so much different then anything you guys have ever seen. Sorry .i see Penny bringing in good players. I just don't see the success. Houston tried with Drexel. At this level you gotta be able to coach. Plus I'm hoping Penny stays outa that dirty side of Memphis AAU ball. If you live here you Know. Penny was paid and his grades squared away for him. Penny was a prop 48 then became a honor student .hmmm. people here know how the system works. Hopefully Penny gets guys on his name. If not. In this day and time. Penny will go down hard. Gonna be fun to watch how it unfolds..
Dude you ain’t feelin me.

I hope Penny does a good job for Memphis as he is going to have little effect on our recruiting.

139822.gif

WE ARE NOT FRETTING PENNY AND MEMPHIS.

Starts Penny and Memphis thread.

Like i said, i would of said this directly on a UM site, They do not let me participate in their rain deer games anymore. I mentioned it over here because it was obvious this was the place they came to for that conclusion. Once it simmer down. Penny will be a second thought.

I would think Memphis fans would be more concerned about catching UTee for supremacy of the Volunteer state before they started worrying about Kentucky. But, then again I'm not butthurt and delusional either.

Didn't they melt down because one of their old Coaches came to Uk to coach a few years ago? Seems like I remember something like that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I bet a 100 dollars to a donut, they would trade coaches with us in a New York minute

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT