ADVERTISEMENT

Tj Walker seems..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2018
absolutely certain that Washington is gone, and guesses Vanderbilt will leave as well. If this turns out to be true, should we ever expect to return any freshman ever again? It seems like this would be a true system breaker.

Reactions: WonderBraa
I'd temper talking too much of what TJ says when he says he is guessing ( which he did in this case ) as TJ is one of the more pessimistic fellows in UK biz. Dude works hard and has good recruiting info but he sees things thru a worst case scenario lens more often then not . But lets not bash him as he said this was just his guess. And IMO the most likely gone IS PJ as he is the only one who might be drafted but I doubt he stays in the draft when he is most likely not . I will stick by my guess that PJ and JV return ( JV doesn't have much choice ) and due to both of these guys returning WG leaves . But if for some reason PJ does leave I think WG and JV return . Regardless Vanderbilt will be back IMO .I think the most likely scenario is 2 of them return . The least likely is all 3 leave . But that is sorta common sense .

The best thing about this is we will know soon with the combine this week.

I'd temper talking too much of what TJ says when he says he is guessing ( which he did in this case ) as TJ is one of the more pessimistic fellows in UK biz. Dude works hard and has good recruiting info but he sees things thru a worst case scenario lens more often then not . But lets not bash him as he said this was just his guess. And IMO the most likely gone IS PJ as he is the only one who might be drafted but I doubt he stays in the draft when he is most likely not . I will stick by my guess that PJ and JV return ( JV doesn't have much choice ) and due to both of these guys returning WG leaves . But if for some reason PJ does leave I think WG and JV return . Regardless Vanderbilt will be back IMO .I think the most likely scenario is 2 of them return . The least likely is all 3 leave . But that is sorta common sense .

The best thing about this is we will know soon with the combine this week.
I hope you're right, but he seems sure on Washington.

TJ Walker might as well be one of the minor trolls on this board. He seems to know about as much as they do. constantly accents the negative, and has the same motive - to provoke people to respond; in his case for clicks.

Are we sure the OP isn't TJ Walker?

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
After reading some of the comments by his dad it's hard not to think PJ is gone.I'm just hoping JV and Gabriel return at this point.

Perhaps everyone is going off the same info, but it seems like everything we have heard since the end of the season has been saying that PJ is more than likely gone. Have to think there is something to it. I'm not expecting him back.

JV would be a head scratcher. Unless he knows something we don't. Nobody thinks he is getting drafted.

Everybody can speculate right now but I'd rather hear speculation and solid rumors after some of these kids have gone thru team workouts and the combine.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Who do we fill the roster with if they both go?

All I’ve heard on kSR is that Wenyen is gone, too.

Terrence Jones
Doron Lamb
Alex Poythress
Willie Cauley Stein
Dakari Johnson
Andrew Harrison
Aaron Harrison
Tyler Ulis
Isaiah Briscoe
Wenyen Gabriel
Quade Green
Nick Richards

all disagree with this.
That seems like a nice list, until you realize that that is 12 guys out of like, how many freshman has cal signed? You can also factor in that Jones and lamb only returned because there was a lockout, we got lucky there.

If we lose PJ and Jared I would hope Cal would make an effort to identify the guys who are not surefire one and done first rounders who seem set on leaving after one year no matter what. From a program standpoint we would have been better off getting guys ranked in the 30 - 50 range who would stick around over guys like this who come in and are not dominant and bolt after one year.

Hami leaving is kinda crazy. Have we ever lost a less productive player to the draft? I feel like Daniel Orton had a larger impact than Hami.

It would be completely stupid for them to leave if they get drafted it won't be till the 50s at best and then spend ten years in the gleague

absolutely certain that Washington is gone, and guesses Vanderbilt will leave as well. If this turns out to be true, should we ever expect to return any freshman ever again? It seems like this would be a true system breaker.
This is even worse than your Jordan hyperbole and I didn't event think that was possible.

2 way players with NBA contracts.

I’m not saying they make millions, but it ain’t 30K. Below is from this link:
http://gleague.nba.com/news/nba-g-league-announces-player-salaries-2018-2019-season/amp/

In addition to their salaries, players under NBA G League contracts will continue to have the opportunity to earn additional money through affiliate player bonuses and NBA Call-Ups. This season, about one quarter of players under NBA G League contracts also earned an average of $44,000 in NBA affiliate player bonuses a total of more than $3 million on top of their NBA G League salaries. A record 50 NBA G League players earned a record 60 GATORADE Call-Ups to the NBA this season, generating earnings of more than $11 million, or approximately $225,000 per player.

The NBA G League also pays bonuses to players on NBA G League playoff teams and to those recognized as end-of-season performance award winners. The league awarded more than $225,000 in bonus money this season.

Terrence Jones
Doron Lamb
Alex Poythress
Willie Cauley Stein
Dakari Johnson
Andrew Harrison
Aaron Harrison
Tyler Ulis
Isaiah Briscoe
Wenyen Gabriel
Quade Green
Nick Richards

all disagree with this.

Lamb and Jones returned because of a lockout. As far as our system goes you can almost put them in the oad column of we're being honest. Briscoe only played two and he's a 4 year guy. Same with Dakari, 3/4. Gabriel is trying to leave. We have an issue no one else has, and now guys will leave with no sort of guarantee what so ever.

Eh, it's just not so cut and dry as far as I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT