ADVERTISEMENT

TJ Beisner now working for Calipari

That is great news. His son will be a walkon for the football team, so that works out great for him.

Reactions: Smashcat
Has he or Jones ever said why they fell out?
I would assume it was because TJ got the gig hosting the tv show that Jones created after Jones left the show.

I don't remember exactly why Jones left, but I'm pretty sure that he got screwed, and he probably felt betrayed when TJ stepped into his spot.

I'm pretty sure that they're fine now...

I don't go to Cal's website... Maybe its a pay site and that explains why I don't go? Paid for it the first year and after that my, "Cal welcome to Kentucky" donation was complete.... But there is no reason why there can't be much more info & entertainment content from Cal's own website than we get from KSR.... Perhaps better for all basketball centric fans.... If it's a pay site at a reasonable price he could do well there.... TB is much more easy on the senses than his competition.

Was wondering where he went off to. Watched kstv sports every night and he hasn't been on. Will now delete my DVR setting as it looks like UK hater Lacland McClain is on permanently.

Last edited:
I would assume it was because TJ got the gig hosting the tv show that Jones created after Jones left the show.

I don't remember exactly why Jones left, but I'm pretty sure that he got screwed, and he probably felt betrayed when TJ stepped into his spot.

I'm pretty sure that they're fine now...
Could be - I don't get to listen to Jones much. I have heard him say - confess, really - that he was a jerk during a certain period, and IIRC he was talking about the period of time during which his contract for hosting the tv show was not renewed. Again, if I remember right, before, during, and after that, he - for whatever reason - just wasn't a very nice person. Then you add on top of that the factor you site: his contract ends, under unsatisfying circumstances, and one of "his guys", takes the job. Many would consider that an act of betrayal (it's like when UCLA fired Harrick, and Lavin took the job, and none of the other assistants would talk to him anymore - you're helping the people who just stabbed our leader in the back!). All of that makes sense - but I've never heard (to their credit) either Jones or Beisner talk about it.....

Reactions: 420grover
I don't go to Cal's website... Maybe its a pay site and that explains why I don't go? Paid for it the first year and after that my, "Cal welcome to Kentucky" donation was complete.... But there is no reason why there can't be much more info & entertainment content from Cal's own website than we get from KSR.... Perhaps better for all basketball centric fans.... If it's a pay site at a reasonable price he could do well there.... TB is much more easy on the senses than his competition.
Probably because there's never any real news on it and just fluff pieces

Could be - I don't get to listen to Jones much. I have heard him say - confess, really - that he was a jerk during a certain period, and IIRC he was talking about the period of time during which his contract for hosting the tv show was not renewed. Again, if I remember right, before, during, and after that, he - for whatever reason - just wasn't a very nice person. Then you add on top of that the factor you site: his contract ends, under unsatisfying circumstances, and one of "his guys", takes the job. Many would consider that an act of betrayal (it's like when UCLA fired Harrick, and Lavin took the job, and none of the other assistants would talk to him anymore - you're helping the people who just stabbed our leader in the back!). All of that makes sense - but I've never heard (to their credit) either Jones or Beisner talk about it.....
Yeah, I think you're on the right track.

I do think that they're okay now.

On a side note...

I really wish Matt would either stay out of politics, or step aside from his show, and go for it.

It's really difficult to compartmentalize his different schticks, because on twitter he posts about politics constantly, and I don't like mixing sports and politics.

I really wish Matt would either stay out of politics, or step aside from his show, and go for it.
I don't think you're alone in this wish but don't think he cares about such opinions... Success is verification that you're getting $hit right:) But, the ballot box can be humbling.

Reactions: stenchymouse
Going to be interesting to follow the careers of TJ and MJ as time goes on. Both relatively young, entertaining, making names for themselves in the Kentucky sports market. I like them both but it would be interesting to hear the whole story behind their relationship.

On a side note...

It's really difficult to compartmentalize his different schticks, because on twitter he posts about politics constantly, and I don't like mixing sports and politics.
He has two Twitter accounts, a business one and a personal one. He doesn't post anything political on the kysportsradio account. Don't follow the other one.

Beisner is legit. Watched his son play at North Oldham ... good family. He will be a Positive for UK and coach Cal.

MJ on the other hand talks out of both sides of his mouth (literally with his 2 Twitter accounts) ... I like his show and UK fandom; however, his condescending remarks and short patience will be amplified in the political arena. There are plenty of sharp people that he has pissed off that will come back to haunt if he's not careful.

Drop

Dr RB

On a side note...

I thought he created two separate accounts for that reason

I don't believe it's a pay site, I've never had to pay to view content there.

I don't believe it's a pay site, I've never had to pay to view content there.
Went there after making my post.... I think there is some donation required to access specific areas like coaching, skills, drills related stuff... But for the most part it was, as you say, free content. Site has potential.... Going to keep an eye on www.coachcal.com to see what goes.... Could be interesting for BBN.
Good luck Mr. Beisner wherever you are.

ADVERTISEMENT