ADVERTISEMENT

Tired of being told to stop worrying about undefeated season!

KWilt43atbuzz

All-American
Nov 18, 2012
KSR had a comment about it recently.
Look, I'll stop worrying about undefeated if and when this UK team endures a loss!
Until then Im going to pull like crazy for them to win every single game just like I would any other year! And so what if it gets obsessive? We as fans don't play the games we root and cheer for UK!
What I wish is that people would stop ignoring the pink elephant in the room and embrace the undefeated rhetoric because at 17-0 it's a real possibility and is going to be discussed ad naseum until UK either goes 40-0 or loses a damn game!

It hasn't been done in 39 years so heck yeah it's a big deal and something worth worrying about!

This post was edited on 1/19 10:26 AM by KWilt43atbuzz

What's the point of undefeated season if you are worrying about it.

Stop worrying about it. Enjoy the ride.

tumblr_static_2.gif

Don't worry, be happy!

Yes, people need to stop worrying about the pink elephant and focus more on the purple elephant in the room lol.

I would love for us to go undefeated this year.

Hell, I would love for us to go undefeated til the end of time, but Im not going to let the worry of losing a game stop me from enjoying the greatness that is happening before us.

If we go 39-1 this is still one of the best teams to ever lace them up and definitely the best Kentucky team of all time (IMO).

Originally posted by Prime MF:
Originally posted by maverick1:
You should stop worrying about an undefeated season KWilt.
This, I agree, you should stop worrying about an undefeated season.
I like the way you think.

Personally, I'm at the point now that I'm worried about being tired of worrying about KWilt worrying about being tired of being told to stop worrying about an undefeated season.

Undefeated season would be nice but I've been pulling, for years, for that special game where we get a shutout against the other team. I'm still waiting but it has to happen some day, right?

I don't post a lot anymore, but I lurk. And I have to tell you, I'm worried about you worrying about an undefeated season, KWilt.

I just want you to be happy, man.

You should stop worrying about everything that is out of your control. Worrying about stuff like that is a complete waste of time.

If I had to choose between an undefeated year and one that we crushed everyone in the tourney by 20+ and was crowned the most dominant team of all time, I am not sure which I would choose. Squeaking by like Florida State did in football most of this year while remaining undefeated, does not spell dominance. What say you?

Originally posted by KWilt43atbuzz:
Look, I'll stop worrying about undefeated if and when this UK team endures a loss!
Until then Im going to pull like crazy for them to win every single game just like I would any other year! And so what if it gets obsessive? We as fans don't play the games we root and cheer for UK!
What I wish is that people would stop ignoring the pink elephant in the room and embrace the undefeated rhetoric because at 17-0 it's a real possibility and is going to be discussed ad naseum until UK either goes 40-0 or loses a damn game!

It hasn't been done in 39 years so heck yeah it's a big deal and something worth worrying about!

I only care about winning #9. That's the only thing I am worrying about. I would guess Coach feels the same.

Originally posted by wildcatsboston1984:
You should stop worrying about everything that is out of your control. Worrying about stuff like that is a complete waste of time.
Presumably what KWilt posts about is out of your control -- yet you wasted some time out of your day to make a post about a complete stranger worrying about something that is out of his control, while advising him that such activity is a complete waste of time.

Every time they throw the ball up to start a game I expect us to win,if that means I am worried about an undefeated season then I guess I am.So far which game did you expect us to lose,looking forward at the games on the schedule which do you think we can't win? Until we get beat the notion of an undefeated season is alive and well.

Paranoia is legitimate among certain portions of our fan base. Going 34-0 into the tournament will undoubtedly cause some of our fans to panic and think there is "more pressure" on the team, when in reality, there can't possibly be more pressure on any team featured in a single-game elimination format.

Other school's fans hope for 40-0 as a prayer. We expect it every year.

I think Matt just doesn't want to jinx us.

I don't think there are many UK fans out there who won't be worrying about 40-0 every game now. I truly want this amazing team to go down as one of the best of all times, and 40-0 sure would do that.

I'm thinking "worry" wasn't the right word for KWilt to use. Maybe "hope for" is the correct phrase.
I think we all tightened up a bit when the Ole Miss and aTm were nail biters with under 4 to go. It would be different if we were on the road at Virginia and it was a tight game but losing our undefeated season to one of those teams (or ANY SEC team for that matter) is not good. This UK team has proven to be head and shoulders better than anyone in the SEC no matter where the game is played.
I think all of us would be ecstatic if this team went undefeated and cut down the nets at the end. If we want to be thought of as the kings of college basketball then having that accomplishment would cement that view. Plus our rivals and critics would really hate it.

Originally posted by wyldkatzky:
Other school's fans hope for 40-0 as a prayer. We expect it every year.

I think Matt just doesn't want to jinx us.

I don't think there are many UK fans out there who won't be worrying about 40-0 every game now. I truly want this amazing team to go down as one of the best of all times, and 40-0 sure would do that.
Jinxes are for people who believe in Irish luck and the Loch Ness Monster.

I'm worried about a 1 loss season if that 1 loss happens in the last game. Other than that I'm not worried about UK being undefeated at all.

come on kwilt this is your 30th thread referencing an undefeated season. we get it. we know where you stand.

I am worried about a zombie apocalypse, but btw kwilt, don't worry about an undefeated season for uk.

Originally posted by KWilt43atbuzz:

To my knowledge 40-0 has NEVER been done. They didn't play that many games back then. I believe Indiana was 30-0 or something like that. So that should bring on more worry. What an opportunity!

ADVERTISEMENT