ADVERTISEMENT

Time To Take A Hard Look and Address Things

How can you say that when Cal owned Pitino every year?
it would be an interesting comparison to take Pitino's UK teams and put them up against Cal's UK teams and see who wins, instead of comparing when one was at UK playing against another at a "lesser" program

Reactions: KyFaninNC
it would be an interesting comparison to take Pitino's UK teams and put them up against Cal's UK teams and see who wins, instead of comparing when one was at UK playing against another at a "lesser" program
Pitino had far less talent at UL than Cal did at UK. There is the difference.

I love Cal and what hes done for UK. If he retired today he would go down as an all time great at UK.

However, he has got to figure the offensive side of the ball out. I love that he gets great athletes which obviously helps on defense, but are there no good athletes that can shoot worth a damn? What's the point of a good athlete if they cant do anything 2 feet away from the rim?

You cant win without having good shooters. I mean look at our 2012 team for example. That team had great athletes but also had Doron Lamb and Wiltjer who were damn good shooters. I know Quickley and Herro were solid shooters (streaky a bit though but good nonetheless) but seems like we dont get the Lambs Murrays or Monks as much as we used too.

If college games were won by a dunk contest we would win every game. But they aren't. You have to field a good shooting team. Period.

ADVERTISEMENT