ADVERTISEMENT

Time to quit playing nice

Our HoF coach is getting his ass handed to him by Duke in recruiting battles.

No way. They beat us on Bolden, we beat them on Gabriel. Do you know how badly Duke wanted Wenyen? He even admitted that himself in a tweet Thursday.

You don't think K wanted Anthony Davis, KAT, John Wall, etc..?

I know it wasn't head-to-head with Duke -- but you know NO ONE gave us a chance with Bam, right? NO ONE.

Now Cal is angry. Would YOU want to recruit against an angry and even MORE motivated Cal?

Think about this: K claims he wants to coach for 5 more years. Cal claims he wants to coach for maybe 15 more. That could be 10 years with no K. You think Cal is scared of Capel if he replaces K? Please. Who would you rather be? We're still competing with Duke and WE have a coach who can go (if he wants to) for another 15+ years. They don't.

Good Lord, you guys ragging on Cal should at least acknowledge some of the HUGE advantages Duke enjoys.

First of all, you are recruiting a kid to a near Ivy League school academically, vs. an average public state university at UK. That's heady stuff when you're a parent like Mrs. Bolden who knows zilch about basketball and who perhaps isn't entirely convinced her son is is immediate NBA material.

Next, Cal has just a 6 year legacy at UK vs. K's 30+ years at the same school in Duke. K has alumnus going back to guys like Bilas and Dawkins, whereas Cal has jumped around from school to school and doesn't have the same history - yet.

Finally, Duke has long had an advantage as a media darling vs. UK.
Agree,but I would add the advantage of being head coach of USA Basketball as well. That's unfair to every competitor imo.

No way. They beat us on Bolden, we beat them on Gabriel. Do you know how badly Duke wanted Wenyen? He even admitted that himself in a tweet Thursday.

You don't think K wanted Anthony Davis, KAT, John Wall, etc..?

I know it wasn't head-to-head with Duke -- but you know NO ONE gave us a chance with Bam, right? NO ONE.

Now Cal is angry. Would YOU want to recruit against an angry and even MORE motivated Cal?

Think about this: K claims he wants to coach for 5 more years. Cal claims he wants to coach for maybe 15 more. That could be 10 years with no K. You think Cal is scared of Capel if he replaces K? Please. Who would you rather be? We're still competing with Duke and WE have a coach who can go (if he wants to) for another 15+ years. They don't.
Best theam on Gabriel???? He was there 2nd target at that position lol. You do realize they got Tatum and Giles to play those spots?

Internet-Troll.jpg

Reactions: Aike and jameslee32
This is 3 years in a row UK has been played by a recruit. First it was Wiggins and something to do with one of his parents, last year it was a couple kids Brown, and another recruit maybe Swanigan? whose mom did not want UK, now this ordeal with Bolden. These kids follow basketball very closely and they know the deal with UK and if they want to be here then sign here instead of using us to muster up interest in recruitment. It's obvious other schools are telling these kids to hold off on announcing till the last minute to cost us recruits.
That is what happened in this one. We could have had Allen months ago instead he felt slighted and dropped us while we were off chasing Bolden and now we may well see some of the same issues in the post again next year.
Cal should give these kids until the end of their senior season in high school to decide and if they can't give an answer by then after usually 2 or 3 years of being recruited then it's time to move on to someone who absolutely wants to be here.

We are Kentucky, we are the gold standard as Cal says. We have put more guys in the NBA since Cal got here than anyone, we should not be putting ourselves in a position to get played by 17 year olds and their mommies.. Not to mention it could be costing us titles because we end up with nothing while our 2nd or 3rd target goes somewhere else while we hold out for a guy that is ranked a few slots higher.

I tend to agree with you

It happens, I'm sure Washington thought Terrance played them big-time, Maryland got hurt over the twins, Patterson waited to the last second to pick us over Florida...it happens. The TCU shirt Bolden wore was punk-ass though.

It happens, I'm sure Washington thought Terrance played them big-time, Maryland got hurt over the twins, Patterson waited to the last second to pick us over Florida...it happens. The TCU shirt Bolden wore was punk-ass though.
We are not Washington, Maryland, nor Florida. We are UK and we should not have to beg a guy to make a decision to come here nor should Cal allow the program to be held hostage waiting on kids who want to build up a buzz. If playing for UK is not enough of a attention builder for them they can go elsewhere and we can chose kids that are still 5 starts that are ranked a bit lower.
Nobody likes to admit we got played again, it happened with Wiggins, Zimmerman, Brown, Swanigan. It's 3 years in a row we have ended up a player short of having a championship team because we passed waiting for kids that basically were just leading us on.

The life of a troll is a lonely road. UK has the #1 class and we got some douche telling Cal how to recruit. We were 38-1 in 2015 but evidently that's not good enough. We've probably gone 50-50 or better against Duke and their built advantages with being ESPN's and the NCAA's darling.

wah wah wah poor little baby got his feewings hurt cause Cal don't accept his phone calls no more for his recruiting prowess.

Go play in traffic, take a long walk off a short pier, or whatever other analogy gets the message through your primitive skull.

The life of a troll is a lonely road. UK has the #1 class and we got some douche telling Cal how to recruit. We were 38-1 in 2015 but evidently that's not good enough. We've probably gone 50-50 or better against Duke and their built advantages with being ESPN's and the NCAA's darling.

wah wah wah poor little baby got his feewings hurt cause Cal don't accept his phone calls no more for his recruiting prowess.

Go play in traffic, take a long walk off a short pier, or whatever other analogy gets the message through your primitive skull.
Typical Cal jock snuffer answer, we get recruiting titles while Duke gets real titles. Cal recruits by ranking and K recruits by skillset to have a team that can actually hit free throws, while we get guys who shoot 40%. Free throws alone have cost Cal 2 titles.
Bottom line is the failures of Skal, Lee, and poy have definitely hurt our recruiting.

In Cal's time here even with all the recruiting success Duke and UConn have won 2 titles to our 1. So either Cal is not coaching these guys up very well or he is a bit off in his recruiting.
Duke in 2015 smoked a Wisconsin team that we could not seem to get a shot off against for 3 trips down the floor.
Getting the number 1 class every and not winning is getting old as well as you can be sure other schools are telling recruits about it.

I'm glad everybody sees this asshat for what he is. I was arguing with him yesterday not understanding that's what he wanted me to do so he could continue his anti-Cal, ratface love fest. Ignorant are ignored.

I'm glad everybody sees this asshat for what he is. I was arguing with him yesterday not understanding that's what he wanted me to do so he could continue his anti-Cal, ratface love fest. Ignorant are ignored.
You tell em Bungalow Bill. Hope you are still a "Cal Pal" next April when Duke will most likely be winning another title.

Lol, I don't even know what she's saying anymore. Has she ever fessed up to being Cut Nets?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT