ADVERTISEMENT

Time to move Calipari onto the hotseat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. There is a lovefest with CAL on this board. Go look at Facebook and Twitter and you will see a very pissed off fan base. The theme is common, we are done with players that don’t care. The theme is that Cal’s coaching ability is exposed on a level playing field.

This Saturday is an extremely important game. Loss is most likely sn NIT unless UK can pull off a win at FL

An even more common theme is that we are done with posters who do not care. And you have been sucking ass all season....

OP is an idiot. Does anyone here not realize firing a coach sets you back 2-3 years? The fact Cal turned it around so quick is a MIRACLE. Recruiting dies, kids decommit, players transfer, all for the sake of a coach that isn’t proven? You can be upset with Cal and that’s fine, but if you want him gone you’re out of touch with reality. OP proves yet again that he doesn’t know shit.

You also have to consider the possibility they actually see what you don't because you have your head in the sand (or some place worse).

I've entertained that thought. But no, we have the dumbest fans on the planet and they love exposing that fact on the interweb.

Reactions: shutzhund
He has proven he can’t win a game, that’s for sure. Four losses in a row, not even Tubby was that bad. Five then he defeats Drunk’s record losing streak.

Our next win is coming in November

There's an element here that isn't discussed. Since this is a crappy thread I'll just lay it here.

Most people that have understood Cal for a long time knows he's a tough nosed guy who wants to be on the top stage. He loves a challenge and the spotlight. He was always seen as a fierce competitor and his teams always reflected that. Even his Memphis teams were tough as nails.

Is Cal that same guy? Is it possible he's just coasting now?

When you look at the makeup of this team, it's just constructed poorly. Diallo doesn't compliment Vanderbilt, Vanderbilt doesn't compliment Washington, Green and SGA don't really seem right together. It just looks like a top 25 random draw. Is Cal really evaluating anymore? Why wouldn't he be expanding to the top 75? Why did he always have guys like CDR or Liggins (he actually really wanted Liggins at Memphis before he was at UK), Antonio Anderson? Hawkins?

Tough, hard nosed, gritty, Calipari players? Where are they? Guys that were like him and felt snubbed or had a rough element, that would die for him. Total trust. Where are they?

I think it's obvious Cal chooses the star system over needs and preferences because he's become obsessed inside of his system. I'm not sure Cal really understands what's happened, and i think a lot of this board is confused as well.

I don't know the answer, but if we are doing that, we need to cut the sht. That star rating system is not based on the best high school players, or the most skilled. It's heavily based on potential, something a lot of people don't seem to understand. If you think a team of 10-30 range prospects are going to produce year in and year out/bolt/rinse repeat I've got some gold bars made of human **** to sell ya.

There is no hot set for Cal yet. He's safe, we cant replace him, and his potential is extremely high. 4 final fours and a title in 8 years, it is what it is. At the same time, he's not unfireable. He needs to correct himself or go pro. Staying the course is not an option. Next year will tell the story. If we have 3-5 guys leave, and Cal is fine with it, we've got a serious issue. If he's too stubborn and arrogant to change, he will doom himself. It's not the fans fault. He's paid too much to ignore it.
Great post but OP post is not crappy either. The thing about getting all the top players is you get all the glory when you win with them but you also get criticised hard when you take ALL 5 stars to a NIT and you rightly should be. ANYONE who has a team that the top 8 players are 5 stars and takes them to a 8 seed or NIT did a bad Job. SGA would be a 5 star if re evaluated.

Every fan I talk to seems to be about done with the 1 and done crap. 2 NITs in 5 years should be curtains in my opinion. To miss the whole fooking tourny at KY takes some pretty bad coaching.

Sure, he shocked the system with some rediculus recruiting along with a 4 year SR that helped. Those days are over with Coach K and others pulling 1 and dones.

Cal should be getting the talk to start winning and skipping NBA drafts. I bet he is too stubborn to change though.

OMG.. you just won the award for dumbest post ever madeon this board and brother that's saying something.. Yeah we should Faaar Cal right now.. By God we can get Tubby back.. or hell maybe Travis Ford! Clappy might come save us like he did IU, Johnny Johnson isn't all that busy.. Shit BCG might be sober today..

Are you a UL troll? or just an idiot?

Every fan I talk to seems to be about done with the 1 and done crap. 2 NITs in 5 years should be curtains in my opinion. To miss the whole fooking tourny at KY takes some pretty bad coaching.

Sure, he shocked the system with some rediculus recruiting along with a 4 year SR that helped. Those days are over with Coach K and others pulling 1 and dones.

Cal should be getting the talk to start winning and skipping NBA drafts. I bet he is too stubborn to change though.
I’m late reading this thread. there’s a good chance you may be retarded.

Well he did lead us to elite 8 last year. If Luke hadn't hit that ridiculous last sec shot could have went on the national title. He has spoiled us. It's a down year, it sucks and I don't like it but there is no one else I'd rather have as our coach.

He has proven he can’t win a game, that’s for sure. Four losses in a row, not even Tubby was that bad. Five then he defeats Drunk’s record losing streak.

Those 700 wins mean nothing right...?

Stop being such a whiny teenage girl Dakota. Bad team, bad season , now the guy has proven he cant win a game? Such dramatics...

Spoiled brats we have become, some more than others.

I'd like all of you brilliant a-holes who are callling for Cal's head to name ONE COACH who would come to UK and do better than Cal. THERE'S NOT A SINGLE ONE. Cal leaves....we go back to the dark ages. Bank on it.
"Back to the dark ages"...

What utter bullshit.

Do you know how many coaches have won a title at UK? (Hint: it's more than any other school.)

John Calipari will NOT be the last coach to win a title at UK.

Period.

Agreed. There is a lovefest with CAL on this board. Go look at Facebook and Twitter and you will see a very pissed off fan base. The theme is common, we are done with players that don’t care. The theme is that Cal’s coaching ability is exposed on a level playing field.

This Saturday is an extremely important game. Loss is most likely sn NIT unless UK can pull off a win at FL

Says a pissed off gambler that is taking out frustration because of bad bets.

Reactions: JDHoss
Well he did lead us to elite 8 last year. If Luke hadn't hit that ridiculous last sec shot could have went on the national title. He has spoiled us. It's a down year, it sucks and I don't like it but there is no one else I'd rather have as our coach.

He’s a gambler. Lost money on bad bets. His problem, not Cal’s.

cast+the+first+stone.jpg

Reactions: jameslee32
Its fair to ask ...... If he refuses to dump some assistants ... then I'll be afraid he's gone the tubby route..... losing that fire and letting bad assistants drag him down. (not talking about payne obviously)
I don't think Cal is ever going the Tubby route. He came here because it's his dream job. Right now it's a bad dream, but I don't expect it to evolve into a nightmare. Hope I'm not wrong. If he's riding his name, then he, not us, will put the university in a place to do something.

Cal is ALREADY changing his approach if you look at our team and next years recruiting class!

The problem is, it takes a few years to switch things up...

Upperclassmen have to be developed!!

A grad transfer or two could help in the next few years, but we'll start having veterans going forward.

Everyone needs to nut up, and deal with the losses this year, because Cal has another run in him!!
Months ago, this looked a like a tough year with the youngest team ever and the SEC the best it's been in decades. That's the way it's turned out. 2019 figures to be very, very good with lots of returnees and three diverse guards joining the team with significant firepower.

This thread just goes to prove the adage that "nothing good ever comes from Sacramento".

Great post but OP post is not crappy either. The thing about getting all the top players is you get all the glory when you win with them but you also get criticised hard when you take ALL 5 stars to a NIT and you rightly should be. ANYONE who has a team that the top 8 players are 5 stars and takes them to a 8 seed or NIT did a bad Job. SGA would be a 5 star if re evaluated.
How many 5 stars would we have if the whole team was re evaluated? I only ask since you cherry picked SGA.

Last edited:

You should be on the hot seat for using the word "fooking"

I know this season has been frustrating but it amazes me how this one season is making people forget about the great seasons we have had because of Coach Cal. The youngest team we have had, difficult OOC schedule, and considering how much improved our league is....it has been a very difficult process for these kids.

Cal isn't perfect and I don't always agree with him but he's a damn good coach and we're lucky that we have him. If anyone can get this team to turn things around it's him. We've all seen him do it before and it wouldn't shock me at all if he finds a "tweak" to improve this team. I have no idea what he can do to fix things but he's a smart man and I know he can figure it out. It's bad enough that the haters of our program are bashing us like they do every year, but to read some of our fans agreeing with them because this young team is struggling is ridiculous. Some criticisms are fair but the majority are crazy as hell. This thread is a perfect example of that.

It’s probably a good thing Cal says “I don’t listen to the noise” in regards to media or fans. The fact he says it though means he knows it’s out there.

You idiots that even discuss replacing Cal will get what you ask for sooner than later I’m afraid.

We were a last second shot from the final four last year, a shot made by the eventual champ. We were the 2nd best team in the country at that point!!

We are having a really shitty year, it happens....everywhere!!!

Time for you to move out of your moms house

He isn't on the hit seat, nor should he be. He could make some changes and BBN would be happy about it but he is no where near hot seat after 1 season like this.

That is all.

Do us a big favor and GFY or find another program to support. Better yet, do both.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
Go large on how many dumbass takes you can make.

I'll set the over/under at 600K.

You might actually win that one.

EDIT: OP, you referenced fans on facebook and Twitter. Forgive me for not wanting to be in the camp of people who can't spell simple words and use correct punctuation. That also goes for people who can't spell ridiculous.

OP has lost almost if not every wager he’s posted on here and is on the hot seat with his bank.

Kinda quiet today Dakota with cats winning and UL losing at the moment.

I can't believe people actually believe Cal recruits by the star rating. Are you freaking kidding me. He looks on every recruit ranking site to decide who to recruit?
No, he scouts more than almost any coach. He watches these kids like at the peach jam.

Getting upset about a 4 game losing streak, or about a freshman having a shooting slump, is 1 thing. But when you use a phrase like "hot seat", you are implying Calipari can't get the job done anymore. If you want Calipari on the "hot seat", then you have to believe UK can do better than Calipari. I am old enough to remember when Tubby Smith was on the "hot seat". That was warranted. Tubby selfishly manipulated for bigger and bigger contracts while losing interest in recruiting and player development. Tubby and his agent cultivated exaggerated rumors of NBA interest in hiring him. Sadly, drug use in our program was an open secret under Tubby, and the Wildcat Lodge became a bordello. I regret saying it, but this is the truth. It looked bad, and It coincided with a decade-long deterioration in the national stature of our basketball program. BCG cleaned up Wildcat Lodge but turned out to be an abusive alcoholic. From that sad nadir, Calipari rebuilt our roster and then won our 1st NC since 1998. He selflessly supports local charities, and he has turned the other cheek to countless NBA overtures. Calipari's record at UK is amazing. If you don't know that, you should take another look at it. He isn't on the hot seat.

When the hell did he go to 2 NITS? Not at UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT