ADVERTISEMENT

Time Change For Ga..

UK MEDIA RELATIONS I Share: bit.ly/2Hmi70K
BASEBALL

Apr. 13, 2018

Kentucky-Georgia to Play Doubleheader on Saturday

Doubleheader will start at 3 p.m. ET; Friday’s game remains as scheduled

ATHENS, Ga. – Kentucky’s weekend series at No. 18 Georgia has been adjusted due to the forecast for thunderstorms on Sunday and the teams now will play a doubleheader on Saturday beginning at 3 p.m. ET. Friday’s opener remains as schedule for a 7 p.m. start at Foley Field.

This will be No. 8 Kentucky’s fourth doubleheader of the season, three of which have been due to inclement weather. Fridaynight and Saturday’s opener will be streamed on SECN+ and the nightcap on Saturday will air on SEC Network as originally scheduled.

A Saturday ticket is good for both games of the doubleheader. Fans holding tickets for the Sunday game may exchange those for general admission tickets to any remaining home baseball game during the 2018 season, pending availability.

The Wildcats are coming off a 7-5 win at Western Carolina on Wednesday, which opened a five-game road swing through Athens that ends at Louisville next Tuesday. UK has won five of its last six games and seven of 10 entering the weekend.

Follow along with the Cats on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, and on the web at UKathletics.com.

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
I though that they only had to play those "7 innings doubleheader games" on Sunday, as Sunday is labeled a travel day? That they could play 2 normal 9 inning games as doubleheaders on Friday and/or Saturday?

Yes, the games on Saturday are scheduled to be two 9-inning games. I think they only do the 7th inning games when it's Sunday / travel day.

Yes, the games on Saturday are scheduled to be two 9-inning games. I think they only do the 7th inning games when it's Sunday / travel day.
I don't understand why Arky and USC are playing two 7 inning games today, unless it's because they started on Thursday.

I don't understand why Arky and USC are playing two 7 inning games today, unless it's because they started on Thursday.

They did start on Thursday. Played on SEC Network thursday night. I guess the conference has decided that get-away day has a harder time deadline to get the visiting team out of town, so that's the reason for two 7-inning games today.

ADVERTISEMENT