ADVERTISEMENT

Tiger Woods Injured in Car Wreck

Idk why people feel the need to make crap up.

Agreed, it is strange they are talking about how dangerous the road he was traveling on that was actually a straight away just prior to a stop light when he jumped a concrete median while driving uphill. Quoting the media is not very persuasive as someone who is worth almost $1 billion has influential publicists.

The Hyundai’s are touting their new autonomous driving features... wondering if Tigger was testing it out and pushing its limits (and it failed).

Reactions: Gassy_Knowls
The Hyundai’s are touting their new autonomous driving features... wondering if Tigger was testing it out and pushing its limits (and it failed).
I have a 2020 Sonata Limited. It has Lane Keeping assist. which means if I set it, I can drive for a bit with no hands on the wheel. most times it's not more than 20-30 seconds. but I did go about 6 miles with it once on 64 somewhere between the Shelbyville exit and the Waddy exit. It likes that middle lane of the 3 lane Hwy. Traffic was light too, that probably played a factor as well. If the sensors aren't sensing other vehicles it will let me go further before it dings for me to put my hands on the wheel.

Reactions: CondorCat
I have a 2020 Sonata Limited. It has Lane Keeping assist. which means if I set it, I can drive for a bit with no hands on the wheel. most times it's not more than 20-30 seconds. but I did go about 6 miles with it once on 64 somewhere between the Shelbyville exit and the Waddy exit. It likes that middle lane of the 3 lane Hwy. Traffic was light too, that probably played a factor as well. If the sensors aren't sensing other vehicles it will let me go further before it dings for me to put my hands on the wheel.
And he was driving at 7am, so the low sun angle could’ve “blown out” the white balance of the cameras and caused it to confuse tracking for autonomous driving.

Coincidence that he looked drugged out of his mind Sunday when CBS was interviewing him and now this happens?
Good call 00..... wife and I thought the same...
But HEY!!! TV has a way of making you look.... well you know.............

Wish him the best but I still see him for what he was and what he is. He’s a POS but get well soon you GOAT! Golf never mattered until you came along.

Wish him the best but I still see him for what he was and what he is. He’s a POS but get well soon you GOAT! Golf never mattered until you came along.
How is he a POS? You walked a day in the life of a billionaire that has been as famous as it gets for 40 years?

I think he’s been a pretty fantastic person for the most part while dealing with fame and fortune since he was a child. Judging someone kind of makes YOU a POS.

Guessing you think LeBron is a loser POS too.

Not saying he is a POS but a fantastic person? Let’s not forget the fact he has abused drugs and alcohol, cheated on his wife and been a douche to a lot of people who had his best interest in mind. He may not be the worst person because he’s done good things with his charities but he isn’t fantastic either.

Reactions: PhDcat2018
Personally I like Tiger. Imagine doing the only thing you know since you were born and becoming (arguably) the best at it in history. I mean, he was practically born with a golf club in his hands. What if he hadn’t lived up to the hype? But he did, and then some. I tip my hat to him. He is a winner. Hope he recovers fully. Whether he plays professional golf again doesn’t change my take. There’s other golfers I pull for when he is playing, but you have to admire him. He has IT. It’s rare.

Just put $500 on the 2022 Masters for TW to win. I would take it now before it starts to drop.

+10000

Not saying he is a POS but a fantastic person? Let’s not forget the fact he has abused drugs and alcohol, cheated on his wife and been a douche to a lot of people who had his best interest in mind. He may not be the worst person because he’s done good things with his charities but he isn’t fantastic either.
Understood. Just saying you can’t know what you’d be like in that position. I’d probably be a whore too and get wild. The fact that he kept it together mostly and won at an unprecedented level is amazing.

Understood. Just saying you can’t know what you’d be like in that position. I’d probably be a whore too and get wild. The fact that he kept it together mostly and won at an unprecedented level is amazing.

so keeping it together, mostly, makes up for being a cheating whore of a husband/drug addict so long as he won, is amazing?

don't really care one way or the other, just curious?

have a feeling a LOT more is about to come about him that won't help his legacy in any way. just a hunch.

Reactions: Gassy_Knowls
so keeping it together, mostly, makes up for being a cheating whore of a husband/drug addict so long as he won, is amazing?

have a feeling a LOT more is about to come about him that won't help his legacy in any way. just a hunch.

Wait till we find out that Tiger was bangin' Carole f***** Baskins and lived to tell about it

• Haha
Reactions: thabigbluenation
When people do certain activities in life (drugs, alcohol, adultery, gambling, etc.) its often a coping mechanism to mask the things in their life that aren’t working. Despite being the greatest golfer who ever lived, he clearly had personal issues that were not being resolved. I would urge you to try a different perspective when evaluating someone’s character. You don’t know what it’s like to be in his shoes where the expectations on him every day were unimaginable to us normal people. I don’t think Tiger is a bad person or someone that deserves all of the tragic things that happened to him.

There are millions of cheating husbands and wives in this country that don’t have their personal lives or reputation put on blast in national media. More people in this country cheat than don’t. There are millions of “drug addicts” in rural Kentucky and small towns all over the country that are given treatment and supported and not publicly shamed. Either way, neither thing makes someone a bad person.
I don’t know how personal issues take away from the greatness of tiger woods. He’s a sympathetic character who has dealt with some significant life altering issues who continues to bounce back.

When people do certain activities in life (drugs, alcohol, adultery, gambling, etc.) its often a coping mechanism to mask the things in their life that aren’t working. Despite being the greatest golfer who ever lived, he clearly had personal issues that were not being resolved. I would urge you to try a different perspective when evaluating someone’s character. You don’t know what it’s like to be in his shoes where the expectations on him every day were unimaginable to us normal people. I don’t think Tiger is a bad person or someone that deserves all of the tragic things that happened to him.

I didn't say he deserved anything that has happened to him but being rich, famous and the greatest golfer of all time doesn't give him a pass. If you or I saw people in our town who were known to be addicts, cheaters and treat people around them like crap we wouldn't talk about what a wonderful person they are. Just saying that the person he is lies somewhere in the middle. The only way I know to evaluate someone's character is by the fruit they bear and he has some good and some bad fruit so as I said in my original post he isn't a POS but he sure isn't a saint just because he was the greatest golfer of all time or was rich and famous.

Saw on the news this morning where he said he didn’t remember the wreck when being interviewed in the hospital. Would not surprise me in the least if some of those pain killlers were involved. Have not been his biggest fan but I sure hope he can get through this.

Was complaining on the COVID or GYRO threads about COVID not enough for you?
What's your problem?

I don't get the fawning/gushing over pro athletes that people don't know vs. the massive numbers of people dying every day from this stuff - or anything else for that matter. Makes zero sense to me. I don't dislike Tiger but have no attachment to him either. Same as anyone else I don't know. Someone murdered is much more important and concerning. He did this to himself.

What's your problem?

I don't get the fawning/gushing over pro athletes that people don't know vs. the massive numbers of people dying every day from this stuff - or anything else for that matter. Makes zero sense to me. I don't dislike Tiger but have no attachment to him either. Same as anyone else I don't know. Someone murdered is much more important and concerning. He did this to himself.

Nothing is wrong with me and if you read any of my comments I was far from fawning or gushing over Tiger. However, it is a thread about Tiger and there is also one about COVID on The Paddock. I haven't been on that one but highly doubt that anyone is on that one talking about Tiger's wreck. I don't get why you invade a thread about one subject to talk about another subject when there is a specific thread about that subject that you can discuss it on.

Banging all those chicks is what made Tiger. He was a straight assassin. Whatever he wanted, he took it.

Shit hits the fan and he straightens up and loses that edge. I've always said he needed to go back to tapping whatever he wanted to and his golf game would return.

Might not have that chance now.

Banging all those chicks is what made Tiger. He was a straight assassin. Whatever he wanted, he took it.

Shit hits the fan and he straightens up and loses that edge. I've always said he needed to go back to tapping whatever he wanted to and his golf game would return.

And he might also. From what I’ve read he didn’t injure his tally whacker.

Reactions: 420grover
I pray he heals, but too much is made of this accident.

Not really, considering he is arguably the most iconic sports personality of all time and the magnitude of the injuries in an accident that he very well could have perished in. We are also a year into Kobe's death so the sports world will be on edge when word of another potential tragedy occurs.

Absolutely no doubt in my mind that part of tiger’s drive to be great was active 24/7 in his life. Take away his box game and his edge and motivation dissipated.

Reactions: 420grover
What's your problem?

Those "massive numbers" are likely overblown. Whine in other threads. This one is about tiger.

Not really, considering he is arguably the most iconic sports personality of all time and the magnitude of the injuries in an accident that he very well could have perished in. We are also a year into Kobe's death so the sports world will be on edge when word of another potential tragedy occurs.
Could have absolutely been the 2021 version of the kobe Bryant tragedy.

ADVERTISEMENT