ADVERTISEMENT

Tiger Woods Injured in Car Wreck

BeAllied

Sophomore
Nov 4, 2020
He is in surgery with multiple leg injuries according to his agent.

Tiger Woods was hospitalized following a bad single-car accident in L.A. County on Tuesday morning -- with officials requiring the jaws of life to free him from the vehicle.

"On February 23, 2021, at approximately 7:12 AM, LASD responded to a single vehicle roll-over traffic collision on the border of Rolling Hills Estates and Rancho Palos Verdes," officials say.

"The vehicle was traveling northbound on Hawthorne Boulevard, at Blackhorse Road, when it crashed. The vehicle sustained major damage."

"The driver and sole occupant was identified as PGA golfer, Eldrick 'Tiger' Woods," officials confirmed.

"Mr. Woods was extricated from the wreck with the 'jaws of life' by Los Angeles County firefighters and paramedics, then transported to a local hospital by ambulance for his injuries."

78136ed1c95c4a49a80cd681dad086f4_md.jpg

https://www.tmz.com/2021/02/23/tiger-woods-car-crash-golf-tournament/

June 12, 1994 is of course the ultimate example of one event totally and forever changing the way a celebrity is thought of by the masses. Before that day, OJ was a great football player, in movies and commercials, everyone thought he was just a great dude. After that day he was a monster. Tiger isn't quite in that class....but the world surely changed for him that night his wife chased him out of the house with a driver, and nothing has been the same since.....

June 12, 1994 is of course the ultimate example of one event totally and forever changing the way a celebrity is thought of by the masses. Before that day, OJ was a great football player, in movies and commercials, everyone thought he was just a great dude. After that day he was a monster. Tiger isn't quite in that class....but the world surely changed for him that night his wife chased him out of the house with a driver, and nothing has been the same since.....
It was a 7 iron.

Coincidence that he looked drugged out of his mind Sunday when CBS was interviewing him and now this happens?

• Wow
Reactions: Chuckinden
He was enjoying that Genesis a little too much and lost control would be my guess. I was reading a chat on youtube and a couple of people who claim to live by there and travel that roadway say people are always driving really fast in that area.

The latest news report is also that there were no skid marks

If you are thinking about buying an SUV, from the sound of it, this one saved Tiger's life. It safety is your thing it's worth a look. I wonder if sales will see an uptick.

Reactions: Catfan in Tn.
I thought Nance was going to burst into tears because Tiger wouldn’t give him the answer he wanted to his questions.

The vehicle was traveling northbound on Hawthorne Boulevard, at Blackhorse Road, when it crashed. The vehicle sustained major damage."

When I worked for IBM, I spent 2 1/2 years in California in the middle 70s on a temporary assignment. The house we rented was 2 blocks from that intersection and we had to go thru it any time we left the house.

Last edited:
Sources told ESPN that Woods has crush injuries of both lower legs, including a compound fracture and a shattered ankle.

Sources told ESPN that Woods has crush injuries of both lower legs, including a compound fracture and a shattered ankle.
My son's friend had an accident with these types of injuries 5 months ago. If Tiger's are as bad as his were the next 10 weeks or so are going to absolutely suck. Basically nonstop plain from all the nerve damage and bone healing. Very little sleep, no comfort, very depressed, etc.

And Tiger also has an extensive issue with knee surgeries. If this report is true, I can't see him playing professional golf again.

I can't imagine the amount of pain this man is going to be in. This sounds like a devastating injury. Forget golf. Will he ever walk normally again. Tiger is undoubtedly a very strong-minded individual, but at 45? I don't know what the odds are on him making a full recovery, but I can't imagine they are 100% pre-injury good.

"Comminuted open fractures affecting both the upper and lower portions of the tibia and fibula bones were stabilized by inserting a rod into the tibia," said Mahajan, the chief medical officer and interim CEO at Harbor-UCLA. "Additional injuries to the bones of the foot and ankle were stabilized with a combination of screws and pins. Trauma to the muscle and soft-tissue of the leg required surgical release of the covering of the muscles to relieve pressure due to swelling."

A comminuted fracture means the bone is broken into more than two pieces; open means a break in the skin.

And Tiger also has an extensive issue with knee surgeries. If this report is true, I can't see him playing professional golf again.

He just had his fifth back surgery and was clearly high as hell in that interview with Nantz last week. I suspect he nodded off at the wheel this morning and floored the pedal.

He's got a long, painful road ahead with more surgeries likely. That's a dangerous combination for someone who's struggled with pills like he has. Hopefully his doctors and the "yes-men" in his camp keep a close eye on him and haul his ass to rehab in the future if necessary. It'd be pretty cool to see him come back in a few years and battle it out with Phil on the senior tour.

He just had his fifth back surgery and was clearly high as hell in that interview with Nantz last week. I suspect he nodded off at the wheel this morning and floored the pedal.

He's got a long, painful road ahead with more surgeries likely. That's a dangerous combination for someone who's struggled with pills like he has. Hopefully his doctors and the "yes-men" in his camp keep a close eye on him and haul his ass to rehab in the future if necessary. It'd be pretty cool to see him come back in a few years and battle it out with Phil on the senior tour.

yes it seems pretty safe bet that was the case especially looking in really bad shape yesterday with David spade. Most people realize that but don’t really want to admit it and are very defensive right now. they should consider that he was driving in the opposite lane for a period after jumping a concrete lined median where there could’ve been a school bus, a family, or anyone for that matter and they could’ve been slaughtered. The media line is portraying it like it’s dead man’s curve, the opposite of the description from people who live in the community who are likely pretty pissed off being aware of the shape he was in the last two days.

Reactions: KYExtemper
How many surgeries does this make it now for Tiger? At some point the body says no more and at the age of 45 and trying to keep up with the young but very good talent on tour has to finally be too much for him. It’s sad to think about what could have been if he could have done some things different the last 15 years. He needs one more win to pass Snead. I think that has to be his only goal at this point (if he even cares). He is Tiger Woods so you can never dismiss him because he is just a different Cat and has the mental toughness to overcome this.

Reactions: roguemocha
ADVERTISEMENT