ADVERTISEMENT

Thom Brennaman

I met Thom and Marty in 2010 before a game vs the Phillies with the late Roy Halladay pitching that day. Both were really nice to me. I know I'm in the minority as fans bitched and moaned about Thom online nonstop but I liked him in the booth. Can take him much more over the green Sadak and Thom wasn't a 'yes man' for the team. Sometimes the banter between him and Welsh in a blowout 25 GB and out of contention gave the games some entertainment. He screwed up in 2020 and he's owned it more than anyone yet who has made a blunder on air. On more than one occasion addressed it in public, even as time has passed. Not going to kick him while he's down for the rest of his career. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Last edited:
Reactions: MRobCat589
I met Thom and Marty in 2010 before a game vs the Phillies with the late Roy Halladay pitching that day. Both were really nice to me. I know I'm in the minority as fans bitched and moaned about Thom online nonstop but I liked him in the booth. Can take him much more over the green Sadak and Thom wasn't a 'yes man' for the team. Sometimes the banter between him and Welsh in a blowout 25 GB and out of contention gave the games some entertainment. He screwed up in 2020 and he's owned it more than anyone yet who has made a blunder on air. On more than one occasion addressed it in public, even as time has past. Not going to kick him while he's down for the rest of his career. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
I'd be in favor of bringing him back, anything's better than Sadak. Sadak's constant whining about balls and strikes has gotten really old. Give it up man!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT