ADVERTISEMENT

This victory is absolutely HUGE for this program

UKfan215

All-American
Oct 1, 2003
And no, not because this is a great UT team. They aren't. They aren't even decent. This is huge because this was simply a game we HAD to win to maintain upward momentum. And despite turning the ball over 4 times this team managed to dig down deep, find their balls and will themselves to a victory. I was so impressed by the poise of the offense on that final drive!

Had we not won this game, I really believe UK could have been facing some dark days. The players would have lost their confidence. The fans would have lost their confidence. I believe recruiting may have taken a nosedive. It could have been a total disaster that may well have marked the beginning of the end for this staff at UK. We've seen these things spiral out of control before and sometimes a single game can make or break you.

Thank God this team fought through the mistakes and flat play to put it all together at the end and win this. This team has guts. And hopefully this come from behind win will help the team get back some of their mojo that had been missing the last couple of games. I can't stress how important it was for this program to get that win tonight. We now have some positive momentum going into the final four games of the season and we have a real possibility of winning 3 of those 4 games and getting to 9 wins! Had we lost tonight though, we might have gone into a total funk and been unable to win any of the remaining games, setting into motion a downward spiral from which we couldn't have recovered. The win gave us new life.

Yes and Tennesse played their best football game of the year we got their best. We turned it over 4 times when they couldn't stop us. We found a way to win when you just don't win Footbsll games doing what we did, but we played championship football down the stretch and won a BIG FOOTBALL game for our Progrsm.

Last edited:
Benny Snell looked like last year.
Agreed. Best he has looked all season. Something I heard on the radio before the game. We have played four teams this year whose scoring defense is in the top 40 in the nation. Tennessee however, has been soft on the run, so it was predicted he would have a good game. I hope he (and the o-line) can continue that improved play going forward. If we get our run game back, we will be celebrating more victories than most of us have ever celebrated before as UK Football fans

This team has an excellent chance to finish the regular season with nine wins, ten with a bowl win. That would be the second best season record for UK football IN MY LIFETIME! I'm 63. So all you " Fire Stoops" cry babies, go find another team to cry about. Maybe you can even join the Tards. I'm sure Zipp and rest of those slobbering morons would love have you.

And no, not because this is a great UT team. They aren't. They aren't even decent. This is huge because this was simply a game we HAD to win to maintain upward momentum. And despite turning the ball over 4 times this team managed to dig down deep, find their balls and will themselves to a victory. I was so impressed by the poise of the offense on that final drive!

Had we not won this game, I really believe UK could have been facing some dark days. The players would have lost their confidence. The fans would have lost their confidence. I believe recruiting may have taken a nosedive. It could have been a total disaster that may well have marked the beginning of the end for this staff at UK. We've seen these things spiral out of control before and sometimes a single game can make or break you.

Thank God this team fought through the mistakes and flat play to put it all together at the end and win this. This team has guts. And hopefully this come from behind win will help the team get back some of their mojo that had been missing the last couple of games. I can't stress how important it was for this program to get that win tonight. We now have some positive momentum going into the final four games of the season and we have a real possibility of winning 3 of those 4 games and getting to 9 wins! Had we lost tonight though, we might have gone into a total funk and been unable to win any of the remaining games, setting into motion a downward spiral from which we couldn't have recovered. The win gave us new life.

Excellent job, OP. Seriously. [cheers]

Really good post. If U.K. would have lost, Stoops would have been a dead man walking. Not this year, not next year, but he would have lost the fans, the team, and some recruits. Still not sure this game provides any momentum going forward because every game is a struggle.

Old UK loses this game.

Ive said this about 10 times tonight. It’s so true. Mediocre team that we are better than comes to town and we play well enough to compete but make massive mistakes, just enough to lose on a final drive. We’ve all seen that so many times.

But not this team. I truly believe this game could be the actual point we see launching us into competing for SEC championships on a year basis, and maybe even making a championship game once in awhile. We’ve still got a ways to go but think about the progress we’ve made in 5 years and it kind of boggles my mind that people still have no faith in stoops. Yes we’ve had some frustrating and heartbreaking losses but we have also had some huge wins, none bigger than this one.

Reactions: CB3UK
I feel the offensive line deserves equal credit tonight.

I think you are 100% correct...Snell has seemed like its 3 yards and a cloud of dust and I was starting to wonder if he just wasn't explosive enough to pop big runs...but that's all he did tonight was bust the big ones....O-line looked so much better...wonder how much that has to do with Drake Jackson getting more comfortable at center?

Reactions: KYHomeBoyinNC
This was the biggest game of Stoops career. It changed a lot of things we may not even be able to predict for the future. This was the good "It's a Wonderful Life" scenario of Stoops career at UK. Lose this game and Stoops would be the town drunk in the future getting tossed out of bars and jumping off the Kentucky River bridge. Instead, he will be keeping together a top notch recruiting class, keeping the fans on board, and heading towards a better time in UK football history.

A huge win indeed...if we blew it, the season could have spiraled downward. Now we have the 6 wins and the bowl pressure is off our backs. Hopefully our guys can relax and play improved football down the stretch.

There was a time not so long ago that the hail mary at the end finds its way i to the endzone instead of the 3 yard line.

We'd all say that's So UK Football. That's Kentucky Football for ya! Lol burnt again.

We aint winnin 'em by 40. But we aint blowing 'em at the end anymore. Things are on the upswing. Go cats!

This was the biggest game of Stoops career. It changed a lot of things we may not even be able to predict for the future. This was the good "It's a Wonderful Life" scenario of Stoops career at UK. Lose this game and Stoops would be the town drunk in the future getting tossed out of bars and jumping off the Kentucky River bridge. Instead, he will be keeping together a top notch recruiting class, keeping the fans on board, and heading towards a better time in UK football history.

Although given lots of reasons I have never even considered jumping off the Kentucky River Bridge-------that is awfully high, and with even a little wind you might miss the river.

Reactions: sambowieshin
Just think if we would have beat Florida... We'd be ranked around 15th. This includes the loss to Miss State. If you beat Ole Miss and Vandy which are both winnable games. Then we be playing Georgia for the spot to Atlanta... Yes more than likely we will lose. Beat them then take on Louisville who have given up, you have had playoff hopes. We should be 9-3 to finish off season and receive a damn good bowl if Bama and GA go to playoffs.

I also think there is steady improve play in o.line. Drake Jackson a 4* center is improving. Bunchy Stalling a 3* back at r. guard had a good game. 3* Logan Stenberg l. guard been dinged up when he is healthy I think he's best guard on team. When he came in 4 or 5* l. tackle Landon Young played once he got in. 3* r. tackle Kyle Meadows I think had his best game of season. He actually started in Landon place last night. 4* Big George started at r. tackle and did well. Both 3* Mason Wolfe and Luke Fortner rotate between guard and tackle have played minutes in most games to date. I've listed their * recruit rating when they signed with CATS. Not long ago most of our o. line were 2*. Other than Kyle Meadows rest will back next season!

Last edited:
Reactions: jauk11
I also think there is steady improve play in o.line. Drake Jackson a 4* center is improving. Bunchy Stalling a 3* back at r. guard had a good game last night. 3* Logan Stenberg l. guard been dinged up when he is healthy I think he's best guard on team. When he came in 4 or 5* l. tackle Landon Young played well last night. 3* r. tackle Kyle Meadows I think had his best game of season last night. He actually started in Landon place last night. 4* Big George started at r. tackle last night. Both 3* Mason Wolfe and Luke Fortner rotate between guard and tackle have played minutes in most games to date. I've listed their * recruit rating when they signed with CATS. Not long ago most of our o. line were 2*. Other than Kyle Meadows rest will back next season!

With that OL, a top ranked QB, and a good year next year we could have some five star RBs at least looking at us seriously.

Who's the top ranked QB we are going to be starting next year?

Read the post. It says "a" top ranked QB, not "the" top ranked QB. And when Bama, OSU, FSU etc are in the conversation it is "a" top ranked QB.

And I do believe Williams will be here, big step Saturday, although I am sure you think he is just stringing us along.

AND I am not sure that "a" top ranked QB will be starting all the games if he is here-------we aren't devoid of talent there, two talented ones besides Barker who was a 5.9 and might still overcome his injuries (and lack of confidence from it) to be useful again.

This game is just another step in completing the change in culture of this program.

We didn't play our best game, had a ridiculous amount of turnovers, lost our starting QB in the 3rd quarter for 2 series and still found a way to win.

Old UK loses this game.

To me that is the key. Normally we lose this game...in heartbreaking fashion. Yet they pulled it out.

All of those losses in our history where we had it won and let it slip away. Other teams don't remember how they stole just that it was a win. For once we can do that.

Proud of the guys.

Old UK loses this game.
Exactly, Tennessee had over 400+ yards and we had four turnovers. We lose a game like that 99% of the time in the past. It was nice to be on the right side for once and tells me the culture of UK football may finally be changing. One step at a time

ADVERTISEMENT