ADVERTISEMENT

This team....

bigblue_07

Senior
Nov 21, 2008
reminds me of Villanova last year. Unselfish. Team ball. Willing to do what it takes to win. It’s crazy how far this team can go.

reminds me of Villanova last year. Unselfish. Team ball. Willing to do what it takes to win. It’s crazy how far this team can go.

They do seem very unselfish.

This is the ideal team we've been preaching to each other about since 2012 all went pro.

They're playing for each other. They're getting each other shots. No one's playing hero ball. They're buying in and doing what's asked of them. They're not letting their offense dictate the rest of their game.

They "get it." If you can't come to KY and battle against 5-star high school kids--how the hell are you going to make it in the NBA? They've embraced the challenge.

They're all talking. When I heard the PJ "mic'd up" segment where he called someone out for not being aggressive--I knew this was going to be a special year.

They're all bringing it. How many times have we heard Cal say he has had to coach effort for the first half of the season? Not with these guys.

Lastly, Keldon Johnson had some comment about not taking their foot off the gas the other night. How many times has Cal said the teams don't understand you have to bury an opponent?

Lastly for real: When the lights went out, the young cats could have gone and partied on the beach. It's what I would have done. But no, we came to play basketball. We came to get better. Then they went back to the gym later that night. This group wants it all, and I don't know what's going to stop them.

And we have two pretty nice players, Baker and EJ, that can bring a lot to the equation. Need to get heathy.

ADVERTISEMENT