ADVERTISEMENT

"This Team Wants it More Than Last Year's"

Knox was extremely passive. His, Green’s, and Richard’s youth really showed. PJ thought playing tough meant flexing. Diallo played not to get hurt and Vanderbilt played not to play.
Depth, health, experience, and physicality goes a lonnnnnnng way.

If people don’t get this you are a blind pumper.

Vanderbilt, Diallo, and Knox were playing for the NBA and no, they didn’t “want it” as bad as these guys do. It’s easy to call so if you can’t get it you are incapable of reality when talking about individual players. You’ll just take up for them no matter. It’s strange.

If people don’t get this you are a blind pumper.

Vanderbilt, Diallo, and Knox were playing for the NBA and no, they didn’t “want it” as bad as these guys do. It’s easy to call so if you can’t get it you are incapable of reality when talking about individual players. You’ll just take up for them no matter. It’s strange.

What is the % ratio of Diallo, Knox and Vanderbilt wanting it vs the % ratio of Herro, EJ and Keldon wanting it ?

Percentages matter ;)

~ PJ Washington

I'm thrilled with the comment, but it makes me wonder if/why last year's team didn't want it? Or am I just reading too much into the comment?

With two major injuries and a couple of minor ones, I can see it not being a great season to some but I don’t think it’s a feeling that the rest of the team had.

Granted it helps with experience, but ugh, last years team. Yes I may get ripped and “we know he’s going to be a good pro”, but I hated Knox at Kentucky. Like most of the team last year: no fight and if he wasn’t scoring points, he wasn’t going to give you anything else.

You can see a difference this year and yes it’s probably experience, but you can see a difference, even with out freshmen

I actually agree 100%. If his shots weren’t falling he didn’t care about anything else. Losing to Kansas State last year was brutal but it was a fitting end to that season. I don’t think Knox even touched the ball in the last 7 minutes of that game.

I don't have a problem with last year's team but at the same time I do believe PJ about this. They look very hungry already which is a good sign.

ADVERTISEMENT