ADVERTISEMENT

This Op-Ed sums up my thoughts on the Hooker U scandal exactly!

Very good read, and I couldn't agree more.
TLD_7020.jpg

It's pretty sad to watch Louisville fans whose first response to this subject is to quibble about the dollar amount or whether their recruiting actually benefited from it. I want to grab them by their shoulders, shake them, look them in the eye, and ask "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

I'd get it if it was maybe a loud 20 % of the fan base, but it's literally 99% of the fan base.

I know of ONE that was completely condemned this whole fiasco. The rest has made excuse after excuse.

Truthfully, if they hadn't spent the past 8 years calling Cal a skeazebag,saying he cheats, those banners are coming down, etc, they may have accepted their punishment better.

But they forced that Cal narrative so hard and it turned out to be their school and Pitino, they've literally lost their minds

it's an excellent article
but, unfortunately, it's also a good indictment on society in general - there seems to be no shame, anywhere.
You are correct Bkocats. This is more than about UL; however it certainly fits the UL situation. It is a good indictment of society today. I sent this one many members of my family. It is worth reading more than once. GO CATS!!

Reactions: Bkocats
I think he got something wrong though. I think I read that the 16 yr old reluctantly went into the room, but didn't do anything. The girl told him he didn't have to do anything. Unless that was about some other kid.

it's an excellent article
but, unfortunately, it's also a good indictment on society in general - there seems to be no shame, anywhere.

This was my take on it all. I'm not a Louisville fan by any stretch, and i'm not even sure what's the most embarrassing for them-the scandal or their defense of the scandal. While we shake our heads our heads at Pitino, Jurich, and the posturing of their fan base as they attempt to excuse the inexcusable, the true head scratchers are media figures like Bilas and Vitale, that have large national platforms from which to speak. Where is their shame?

Still, Rev. Cunningham is making a much broader point with which I also agree. It seems that any standard of behavior is acceptable as long as the offender represents my personal beliefs and biases. Tragic.

This was my take on it all. I'm not a Louisville fan by any stretch, and i'm not even sure what's the most embarrassing for them-the scandal or their defense of the scandal. While we shake our heads our heads at Pitino, Jurich, and the posturing of their fan base as they attempt to excuse the inexcusable, the true head scratchers are media figures like Bilas and Vitale, that have large national platforms from which to speak. Where is their shame?

Still, Rev. Cunningham is making a much broader point with which I also agree. It seems that any standard of behavior is acceptable as long as the offender represents my personal beliefs and biases. Tragic.
I would have to say the defense of it is more shameful. Except, of course, where minors were involved. I almost get the uofl people (although I like to think I wouldnt try to defend anything and would demand a house cleaning) like you , I truly don't understand the media. Especially after what we, and other schools went through. It's beyond ridiculous

That article couldn't have been any more accurate. I would like to believe that if something like this happened at UK, we would be quick to call for the resignation of everyone and would actually be embarrassed. The intellectuals over on cardinal authority are demanding the university lie about who was actually ineligible/refuse to take their banners down/play the race card (somehow) - all while still calling us cheaters. laugh my ass off

Reactions: awf
Great article, sad that Louisville mirrors America today. I have never been a ul fan and never will be, but it is a shame the things that have happened in the last few years are applauded by their fan base.

I remember back when UK was being investigated and having a reflexive reaction to defend the school and question the NCAA. When they came down with the ruling and I believed that UK did stuff the money in the envelop and assisted in the test fraud, I wanted anyone associated with the violations gone and I was ready to accept the bitter pill of the punishment. I can tell you that many were not and wanted to push back and appeal. There were tons of discussions about how they had it in for Kentucky since the point shaving scandal where UK was the most heavily punished team while others (UNC rings a bell) skated (especially obnoxious case since the people making the money off the scheme were not associated with the university and it certainly didn't make us more competitive).

Hope someone sends that link to Bilas and Vitale. I would but blocked. Lol.

Reactions: MadaboutBlue

Vitale and Bilas are all part of the college basketball Ponzi scheme. ESPN, NCAA, UofL, UNCheat etc. are only interested in protecting their $$$ and the products that make them the $$$. Obviously, not every school and person involved in college bball operates in that manner, but many do. As do some bball officials...

The UL fan base mimics their leadership's attitude. Win at all cost. It's just entertainment. Considers their players like highly prized zoo animals to be watched. Don't really care about the individuals at the school. School? Who cares about students, teachers and the school?

The UL fan base mimics their leadership's attitude. Win at all cost. It's just entertainment. Considers their players like highly prized zoo animals to be watched. Don't really care about the individuals at the school. School? Who cares about students, teachers and the school?

But, but L1C4! Didn't you know?!

Great article. It is a very accurate portrayal about the scum that runs UofL. If that had happened anywhere else, the whole athletics administration would've been fired a long time ago. But not Louisville. They have no morals. They have no shame. It is win at all costs at that landfill of a program.

Louisville fans are gutless. They should've called for Pitino's head right after this happened. The same with Jurich. Kentucky would not condone this happening in Lexington. Cal and likely Barnhart would've been gone already. Not at Shameless University. It's just business as usual there.

Reactions: Cat78Scot
ADVERTISEMENT