ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a hot take but…

Not sure Oscar can do anything in the post to much speed and quickness around him
Just rebound and take a few jumpers
I doubt Cal plays Collins much since he had a good half

Cal should stick to his word for once and give Oscar more breaks/Collins more stints.

When we try to run offense through Oscar like he’s Demarcus Cousins, yes. If we actually used him like we do Collins I think we’d have much better flow. That said Collins looks great.
This. We try to post Oscar way too much. Early on the season the offense was stagnant largely bc they were looking to force an entry pass after each perimeter pass. Ppl just standing around holding the ball and not moving the defense.

Oscar’s should get the occasional post touch but most of his touches should be from chasing offensive rebounds.

When we were running teams out of the gym last year we were playing through the guards and Oscar got points through rebounds. When his POY campaign started we changed to forcing him the ball and we were worse for it

Does our offense run better when Oscar is out?

Or am I a knee-jerk benny?
When Oscar and Toppin are in together, sometimes, yes. I love Toppin, but he's ALWAYS out of position. He relies on his hyper-athleticism for everything and has been able to skate by on it. But the offense becomes clunky

Reactions: SemperFiCat
Teams have learned how to defend Oscar. And given he’s one dimensional, he’s no longer a consistent threat.

Not sure what the difference this year is from last. From the pick and roll defense to just overall he’s not the same player. Maybe last year was just an anomaly for him and he’s regressed back to his mean but there’s something different with him. Maybe it’s the style they are trying to play him to be more NBA attractive.

I’m not that in tuned to basketball to know the difference just that there is one. I hate it for him. He was a very popular player and still is but this team isn’t going anywhere so I think his overall popularity will fade as time goes by.

It might look better. The shot quality could be higher on average.

Oscar produces a large number of offensive rebounds. What's better? The improved shot quality or the few extra possessions Oscar provides?

Oscar got rich, lazy and out of shape in the offseason. It’s catching up to him now.

Besides CJ, Oscar is the biggest disappointment on the team.

ADVERTISEMENT