ADVERTISEMENT

this may sound crazy

hotelblue

All-American
Jul 6, 2006
because we won it a blow out, but honestly did anyone complain to the NCAA about the way the wvu game was officiated? if i payed for tickets to the regional i would have been upset as a spectator. the officials took a packed house and basically took all crowds out of it in the first seconds and it never stopped. if it wasn't for uk making highlight plays all night it could have been the worst game you could possibly watch. all because of the way the game was called. totally out of the ordinary, reverting back to early last year with touch and literal non-touch fouls.

I liked the way that game was called.

Yeah, we picked up a few cheap fouls, but it kept WVU from playing it's rugby style. Pressing teams CAN'T win without fouling numerous times each possession. If the Cincy game was called the way the WVU game was, we would've lived at the line and beaten them by 35.

Although it seemed lame, it was actually a correctly called game. We're so accustomed to watching basketbrawl, it seemed like there were too many fouls called.

Although it would make for a very ugly game, I wouldn't mind seeing both us and Wisconsin called for 25+ fouls each on Saturday.

I can't tell you how many times I've gone to Rupp ticked off that I paid to watch officials practice their whistle-blowing on every stinking little thing. These are men playing a contact sport. It's expected that there will be contact in the paint and on a drive. It's basketball. If you can't handle a little contact, then don't play the game.

It's another thing when it comes to excessive contact, don't get me wrong. But I don't want to watch both teams attempt 40+ free throws between them. It slows the game down and the blue-hairs doze off. Ergo, Rupp Arena sounds a lot like an old empty church.

I couldn't imagine paying the prices those people did in Louisville and Cleveland, let alone Indy to watch a game like that.

This post was edited on 4/2 10:45 PM by Askeladden

Originally posted by deplion:
Although it would make for a very ugly game, I wouldn't mind seeing both us and Wisconsin called for 25+ fouls each on Saturday.
Agreed. If this were to happen, I see a UK victory in the mid teens or better.

ADVERTISEMENT