ADVERTISEMENT

This isnt our first rodeo, why do fans act like it is?

There is still time for a run, but it is getting late. At this juncture, if we make the big dance it will be as a high seed. I think that this is simply a down year, which happens to even the best programs. Hopefully the team comes alive in March and proves me wrong. No matter how the season ends, I appreciate this team for the beat down it put on Louisville.

2013- NIT
2014- #8 seed (albeit made a great run to the title game before losing to Kevin Ollie)
2016- Second round exit
2018- Doesn't look good

Not sure I can just chalk this up as an "occasional down year" and give Cal a pass.

OP seems like you are equating the phrases "make a run" and "make the tourney". We will make the tourney this year.

In 2013, 2016, and this year we knew from the beginning we had no shot at the final four.

Reactions: brianpoe
Glad to see the negative post are down. Maybe I joined this site at the wrong time, Lol, at the start of a 4 game losing streak. The site seems more like what I expected, good debates, fair questions. I just don't give up on our team so was getting frustrated with the post. Amazing what a win can do Lol.

The lack of a true leader, dependable shooter, and consistent force in the paint ala Knight, Lamb, and Jones.

The lack of a true go to bull ala Randle and rim protection ala WCS.

Cal deserves the benefit of the doubt on tourney runs with 2011 and 14, but it’s obvious a few critical pieces still seem to be missing.

I pose the question even though all things are not equal of who would you take on this team over any player off 2011 and 2014. Most people would sub for Harrelson I imagine but we don't get past Ohio State without him. 2014 lineup easy for me.

Reactions: brianpoe
Glad to see the negative post are down. Maybe I joined this site at the wrong time, Lol, at the start of a 4 game losing streak. The site seems more like what I expected, good debates, fair questions. I just don't give up on our team so was getting frustrated with the post. Amazing what a win can do Lol.

Still there will be tons of negative people and it helps to have an idea of who posts what from history but there are plenty who will let you know. There's always the ignore feature now lol.

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
We may be the smartest fan base. This board is a wealth of knowledge, but when we lose, everyone turns into idiots. Some are so stupid you can't even have a rational debate. Nobody has any perspective.
Makes no sense, I can't figure out why other programs handle losing better than this board does.

One of the better post I have seen all year. We completely lose our minds after a loss.

Reactions: Louis_Skunt
I pose the question even though all things are not equal of who would you take on this team over any player off 2011 and 2014. Most people would sub for Harrelson I imagine but we don't get past Ohio State without him. 2014 lineup easy for me.

Harrellson would be our best big this season by far.

Both those teams b at this one by double digits 10 out of 10 times. JMO.

Reactions: Fox2monk
2013- NIT
2014- #8 seed (albeit made a great run to the title game before losing to Kevin Ollie)
2016- Second round exit
2018- Doesn't look good

Not sure I can just chalk this up as an "occasional down year" and give Cal a pass.

Cal has been to 4 Final Fours and is the 2nd best coach in UK basketball history. He had 4 Final Fours in 6 seasons. UK had 13 in 70 seasons before that.

I will agree that Cal has had a down stretch the past 3 years, but last year ended up pretty amazing although losing in heart wrenching fashion. 2016 was never thought to be anything but a 2nd round or Sweet 16 team at best due to no front court. Last year we were the better team but lost due to officiating and relying too much on the hot hand of the Aussie (although he had a great game, we kept letting him shoot). This year is all frosh and no upper classmen so I never expected to be any good. Cal needs to get some of these guys back and start fighting back in recruiting (as crazy as that sounds) and get more of the top tier guys like Wall, Cousins, AD, Towns, etc, again. Duke wastes those guys...Cal and UK wouldn't.

We may be the smartest fan base. This board is a wealth of knowledge, but when we lose, everyone turns into idiots. Some are so stupid you can't even have a rational debate. Nobody as any perspective. I read this board less and less because of the idiots that think a few losses means we're going to lose every game for the rest of our lives. So its a below average year, so what, not even the Patriots win every year.

I posted a question at the beginning of the season on how many losses we'd have. The majority guessed 5-9. Even though we knew UK would lose more than 1, everyone goes bat chit crazy after a loss. Makes no sense, I can't figure out why other programs handle losing better than this board does.
I think a lot of it comes from young fans. If you’ve been a fan for a long time you’ve been there before. I’ve lived thru all of our coaches. I’ve been a fan since 1965. I experienced the up and downs with our teams. Like a true fan I expect a great team every year, but I know that’s not realistic. If you expect UK to win a NC every year your going to be very frustrated most years. Am I happy about the way we’re playing this year, no. I do know that Cal will do his best to get them ready for March. These kids will either choose to listen to Cal or keep playing me basketball. It will ultimately be their choice. Great players can only be great if they play as a team. We all know it’s getting late and so far they are choosing to play me basketball. Let’s hope they wake up before their first game in the tournament. If they don’t RR and HOB will meltdown. I will choose to look forward to next season and back Cal and our team. That’s about all I got. Love Cal, team and UK. Life is way to short and I have a life.
If fans dont demand the best every year teams would turn into losers.....Thats why kentucky pays a coach 8 million a year is to WIN...Not to say wait til next year.....If your raking in that kinda money from a school, that school should be first priority and worry about NBA last...

If fans dont demand the best every year teams would turn into losers.....Thats why kentucky pays a coach 8 million a year is to WIN...Not to say wait til next year.....If your raking in that kinda money from a school, that school should be first priority and worry about NBA last...
Read between the lines already. Cal wants to win more than any coach in the country. In. the. country.
Selling the NBA is part of the recruiting pitch. And you don't win titles getting 3rd rate players.

ADVERTISEMENT