ADVERTISEMENT

This is Worth FIVE (5!!) Seed Lines?!

It’s not worth 5 but that usc loss is gonna cost us 3 seed lines. After duke loses tonight and if we can win tomorrow we will probably be an 8/9 Duke a 6/7 which is the effect of that terrible loss.
Nah. It won't.
We control our seed from here on.
We finish the season on a 14/15-1 high note and we can still get a 4 seed. It may cost us 1 seed line

Wish we could get rid of our HOF coach like Duke and UNC did so we could improve as much as they have. LOL Wonder if they will ever have a number one class again (like we have) without their biggest cheaters. And our coach isn't even allowed to cheat.
Well actually, both these young coaches have their teams projected above our HOF coach‘s team and one of them went to the final 4 last year while HOF coach lost in the first round so………..

The difference in these two resumes is worth FIVE f*cking seed lines? Can anyone call Lunardi out on his biased BS?

DUKE (6 Seed Projected)

Record: 17-7 (getting blasted by 20 right now against Miami)

NET Ranking: 25

Q-1 Games: 2-7
Q-2 Games: 5-0
Q-3 Games: 2-0
Q-4 Games: 8-0

Best Win: #17 Miami (home)

(Their 2nd Q1 win is against Ohio State who has lost 9 of their last 10 games and I have no idea why the NET ranks them at 41).

Unranked Losses: Wake Forest, Clemson, Virginia Tech

Kentucky (11 Seed Projected)

Record: 16-7

NET Ranking: 31

Q-1 Games: 1-6
Q-2 Games: 6-0
Q-3 Games: 3-0
Q-4 Games: 6-1

Best Win: #5 Tennessee (away)

That difference in resume is worth 5 (FIVE) Seed Lines according to Joe Lunardi?!

Can anyone explain it??? We're "on the bubble" and they are battling to get a top-5 seed???
You do realize Lunardi is a talking head and has zero to do with seeding? He’s paid to draw attention. Accuracy is merely nice to have.

Last edited:
Reactions: dl51344
Well actually, both these young coaches have their teams projected above our HOF coach‘s team and one of them went to the final 4 last year while HOF coach lost in the first round so………..
Yeah, but I don't think either one of them has learned the art of cheating like their predecessors. And apparently without them UK's recruiting will be a lot better, plus Cal has hit the road a lot more this year with amazing results. I wouldn't sell my house to bet on either of them. And with the NIL incentives the one and dones should slow down, look at Oscar. Plus, if you think our AD has the balls to fire Cal now good luck. Patience, grasshopper.

But you could possibly hurt our recruiting if that is really your objective.

Reactions: yoshukai
We only have like 4 wins against the top 100 in the NET and they should have around 7 or 8. Also a very very very bad loss at home against one of the worst P5's teams and I can see a gap in the resumes.
We have 5 wins against the top 75. Yale is actually higher than Michigan. Are best wins are against 2 @TN and 40 AM. We are 1-6 in Quad 1.

Dook has 7 2 are Wake Forest and somehow 11-12 OHS. Their best wins are against 24 Xavier and 33 Iowa both on a neutral court. They were 2-7 in Quad 1.

They play in the NET 7th ranked conference and we play in the 3rd. Lunardo was movi g them from 5 to 4 linexafter UNC and we were still 11. There is no way 1 game is worth 6-7 lines. South Carolina beat the 1st place ACC team Clemson. Clemson has 1 Quad 3 loss and 2 Quad 4 losses and us 3 lines ahead of us.

The USC loss was bad but it would be nice if they were consistent. Forget we had 2 starters out just weigh it the the and me for every team. Dook is not a 5 seed and Clemson is not a 8 seed. It's BS. Clemson is 64 NET and 3 lines ahead of us 31.

So you think if we had beaten South Carolina that we'd be a 6 seed right now?
I don't think you're comprehending how bad that South Carolina loss really was. Especially given our lack of quality wins. We have Tennessee and that's it man. The selection committee will absolutely use one game against you. We've heard them say it over and over

Lunardi hardly ever gets seeding correct. He gets most of the right teams in and some of the top seeds, which is the easy part. His seedings after that are usually bad. He's paid to generate talk and clicks.

The committee, will use whatever goal post they want when and how they want. If we go 5 lines worse than Duke, they'll only talk about SC for us. Then they'll talk about Q1 wins or whatever other metric fits the narrative.

All these numbers just gives the committee an easy way out to do what they want.

Yeah, but I don't think either one of them has learned the art of cheating like their predecessors. And apparently without them UK's recruiting will be a lot better, plus Cal has hit the road a lot more this year with amazing results. I wouldn't sell my house to bet on either of them. And with the NIL incentives the one and dones should slow down, look at Oscar. Plus, if you think our AD has the balls to fire Cal now good luck. Patience, grasshopper.

But you could possibly hurt our recruiting if that is really your objective.
LOL @ hurt our recruiting class . I know one of them personally. I do agree that Antigua and Chin have done great on the recruiting trail. I don’t think it’ll be enough to overcome the coaching deficiencies of our head coach but hopefully I’m wrong .

You do realize Lunardi is a talking head and has zero to ado with seeding? He’s paid to draw attention. Accuracy is merely nice to have.
He is a product produced by espn . He’s not even good at what he does . People praise him for predicting which teams get in , but by the time selection Sunday arrives practically anyone that follows college basketball could pick 95% of them . And he is horrible at predicting seeds . Somehow that’s never mentioned.

The difference in these two resumes is worth FIVE f*cking seed lines? Can anyone call Lunardi out on his biased BS?

DUKE (6 Seed Projected)

Record: 17-7 (getting blasted by 20 right now against Miami)

NET Ranking: 25

Q-1 Games: 2-7
Q-2 Games: 5-0
Q-3 Games: 2-0
Q-4 Games: 8-0

Best Win: #17 Miami (home)

(Their 2nd Q1 win is against Ohio State who has lost 9 of their last 10 games and I have no idea why the NET ranks them at 41).

Unranked Losses: Wake Forest, Clemson, Virginia Tech

Kentucky (11 Seed Projected)

Record: 16-7

NET Ranking: 31

Q-1 Games: 1-6
Q-2 Games: 6-0
Q-3 Games: 3-0
Q-4 Games: 6-1

Best Win: #5 Tennessee (away)

That difference in resume is worth 5 (FIVE) Seed Lines according to Joe Lunardi?!

Can anyone explain it??? We're "on the bubble" and they are battling to get a top-5 seed???
Neither team is any good...get over it.

Y’all are arguing over something that hasn’t even taken place. It’s just people putting out what they think seeds will be. These guys rarely get the right seeds past the obvious 1 and 2 seeds. And yes, the South Carolina loss was Really Bad!!

He has Pittsburgh two seed lines above Kentucky. They have lost by 30 to Michigan, 25 to WVU, VCU, Vandy and Florida St. They are ranked 25 spots lower in NET and 28 spots lower in KenPom. The ACC seeds are absolutely ridiculous.
Wow, this is just bad right here. Those are some bad losses, Pitt shouldn't even be in consideration for the tournament.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Wish we could get rid of our HOF coach like Duke and UNC did so we could improve as much as they have. LOL Wonder if they will ever have a number one class again (like we have) without their biggest cheaters. And our coach isn't even allowed to cheat.
They were dumb enough to hire within their programs, that's why they both ended up with coaches that are not prepared to run tjose programs.
UK doesn’t hire from within, but you already knew that… .right? Or no?
Do you think UK would ever consider hand the keys to John Scheyer or Hubert Davis? Do you really believe that?

Reactions: EliteBlue
He has Pittsburgh two seed lines above Kentucky. They have lost by 30 to Michigan, 25 to WVU, VCU, Vandy and Florida St. They are ranked 25 spots lower in NET and 28 spots lower in KenPom. The ACC seeds are absolutely ridiculous.
I think at this point everyone knows that Joey Brackets puts up the teams from the ACC, Big 12 and Big 10 on his bathroom wall and then.....

daffy duck masturbation GIF

If Duke and Kentucky played head up on a neutral court, who would you favor?

Y’all are arguing over something that hasn’t even taken place. It’s just people putting out what they think seeds will be. These guys rarely get the right seeds past the obvious 1 and 2 seeds. And yes, the South Carolina loss was Really Bad!!
Correct, selection Sunday hasn’t happened yet, but that doesn't mean we should ignore the projections, especially when almost all of them show us at an 11 and duke at a 4 or 5 and it just doesn't make sense. It’s at least worth a discussion.

Yeah, we have a bad loss, but look at Pitt's resume and look where they are projected. Duke's resume is very similar to ours. We have 1 bad loss, but they have been blown out 4 times now and their best wins are not as good as ours. It’s worth discussing.

LOL @ hurt our recruiting class . I know one of them personally. I do agree that Antigua and Chin have done great on the recruiting trail. I don’t think it’ll be enough to overcome the coaching deficiencies of our head coach but hopefully I’m wrong .
And you haven't noticed all the road trips Cal has made this year?

And where are their recruiting classes ranked for next year compared to ours? How about any other team?

Didn't UNC go to a Final Four last year without their HOF coach? We fans would lose our minds over a FF right about now.

Like he's not compensated for his work?

All coaches travel for recruiting, is Cal supposed to be given some kind of special treatment because his assistant coaches travel?

Have you noticed how our recruiting sky rocketed once Orlando came back? He's the real recruiter, Cal just gets the credit.

Just because he’s making trips doesn’t mean he would get them . How long has it been since he had a class like this coming in ? And who was on the staff then ? Pretty simple to connect the dots .

Just because he’s making trips doesn’t mean he would get them . How long has it been since he had a class like this coming in ? And who was on the staff then ? Pretty simple to connect the dots .
I know you love Cal but jeez.

• Haha
Reactions: yoshukai
I just generally think that we're never going to get the benefit of the doubt if they can find any excuse.
ABSOFREAKINGLUTELY.

It's always been that way for us. Not so for every other team, it seems. But for Kentucky ?

Nah.

should've won by 50 even with players out and injured.

ADVERTISEMENT