ADVERTISEMENT

This is my team

BBBLazing

Senior
Dec 30, 2009
All of the complaining has worn me out. I'm out until the tournament starts. I am going to cheer this team on and hope they win every game. You naysayers that just bitch wear me out. So, I'm going off the board for a bit just to watch how this plays out. Listening to the negativity has become too much for my old ass. LET'S GO CATS.

cry-sad.gif

All of the complaining has worn me out. I'm out until the tournament starts. I am going to cheer this team on and hope they win every game. You naysayers that just bitch wear me out. So, I'm going off the board for a bit just to watch how this plays out. Listening to the negativity has become too much for my old ass. LET'S GO CATS.
This ain't no airport you know

Because I haven't gone to bed yet, I think I can respond one more time. Your memes are all funny, and I get you guys making fun of me. But, surely the rest of you have to agree this board has become the same shit, over and over and over. The same posts, every night, over and over. It is exhausting. So I'm bailing and everyone can kiss my old ass until the tournament starts. If we make the tournament and I live until then, I'll talk to you then.

Leaving with class and not bashing conservatives. I think a lot of people feel the way you do. Reading post everyday repeating the same thing has made the board boring and insufferable to some. I don’t support Cal, but if you’re not constantly posting hate you’re attacked constantly. Some are so focused on hating Cal they can’t see that this team just isn’t very good. Cal will leave when he makes the decision to move on. I believe that‘s driving a lot of the repetitive posting of hate. People think they can force Cal out sooner, but know they have no control and it pisses them off. They remind me of 2 year old kids, and old lady sewing circle’s.

I do agree it's the same posts every day. I can understand it to an extent. It would be nice to talk basketball like we once did here. I always have enjoyed talking numbers, stats, upcoming opponents, lineups, defense, offense, players' strengths and weaknesses, and so on. I don't think it will change at this point until Cal leaves or this board just dies.

This board is what makes UK basketball tolerable for me.

and whether the "I want a happy kumbaya message board " people believe or not, the warranted criticism on here is a reminder to the program the fans aren't happy. Providing an outlet for them keeps them fans.

The other alternative is apathy. If only the happy fans came on and talked about Wheelers 9 assists and how awesome that was, there would be about 1/4 of the people that post here and it would be an echo chamber.

That is the start of a death spiral on a message board.

You really want a board like Louisville? A handful of regulars and mods who shut down every conversation they don't like?

Last edited:
I like it here. People vent when we suck and celebrate when we win.

You know, the way it’s supposed to be.
Yeah Im good , the board is like it always is .. happier when we have a good team , mad as hell and pissed off when things are bad . IMO it might be worth adding we have never .. not even close , had a coach be so adversarial . Lot easier to accept bad results when the guy isnt feeding the fan base nonsense on quite normal basis ... not crying , not bitching , its called reality . I started a " basketball " thread yesterday , nearly no one responded for about 6-7 hours it seemed . People are totally over Coach Cal . A solid majority . That seems to drive the minority insane

PS .. to the OP .. you have been nothing but a total jerk to me , but I still dont want you to drink your self to death in your old age . Get some support and dry out . Dont go out like this . Good luck , I mean that , but get some help

If the fanbase all just shut up and watched every game quietly, regardless of the results, Tubby Smith would still be coaching UK.
heck, Pitino would have never been hired. We'd probably have some UNC type atmosphere where we have to keep in the coaching family, a string of Joe B. Hall's assistants in the late 80's and 90's.

Reactions: Fox2monk
PS .. to the OP .. you have been nothing but a total jerk to me , but I still dont want you to drink your self to death in your old age . Get some support and dry out . Dont go out like this . Good luck , I mean that , but get some help
Yeah, odd he was up that late at his age.

It is truly shocking that the fanbase of the most followed CBB program is not happy with a fringe tourney team after being ranked Top 5 preseason with the returning NPOY coming off a massive upset loss the year before and a 9-16 season. The good fans are the ones that make outrageous predictions all off-season then go to an alternative reality when they underperform. I think we should all just listen to Neal Price's post game where he only plays highlights of the good plays.

Goodbye GIF

I do agree it's the same posts every day. I can understand it to an extent. It would be nice to talk basketball like we once did here. I always have enjoyed talking numbers, stats, upcoming opponents, lineups, defense, offense, players' strengths and weaknesses, and so on. I don't think it will change at this point until Cal leaves or this board just dies.
It won't ever go away. Even with the wish lists of coaching replacements, there are still outrageous arguments and bickering. I'm afraid this kind of discourse is here for good, regardless of who coaches.

Really, the only time I've seen the hate somewhat hidden from sight is when we've been winning, both this and last year. That 4 game win streak was a nice reprieve from the incessant hate posts. Let's just hope we can put on a good run here in Feb and March and get a couple nice wins in the NCAAT. It will be refreshing to talk bball again and not fight with everyone.

Last edited:

Unfortunately, I think you are right. I've had the feeling lately that this board has become just a zone for negativity and it is no longer fun to come on here looking for good basketball discussion. I have questioned Cal and said a few things against him but I would rather read and talk more about actual basketball than to see all the negative stuff so often. And, as some pointed out, if you even suggest something positive you are attacked as a Cal lover instead of just talking about the game. It does get very tiring and I could see the future of this board being a very dim one. Used to be THE place to come for UK basketball news and talk. Been a member for a very long time but finding it more and more boring to check in on things each day.

I like it here. People vent when we suck and celebrate when we win.

You know, the way it’s supposed to be.
I think the painful part is when we win, there are still a collection of folks that sh*t on the positives.

And when we lose, there are those that can't stop farting rainbows and spewing excuses.

With each of those comes the opposing sides that hop in, name call and basically berate each other.

That's the problem around here. What you're talking about is totally different and I can deal with that, but most of it today is just opposing opinions about the coach going at each other.

It won't ever go away. Even with the wish lists of coaching replacements, there are still outrageous arguments and bickering. I'm afraid this kind of discourse is here for good, regardless of who coaches.

Really, the only time I've seen the hate somewhat hidden from sight is when we've been winning, both this and last year. That 5 game win streak was a nice reprieve from the incessant hate posts. Let's just hope we can put on a good run here in Feb and March and get a couple nice wins in the NCAAT. It will be refreshing to talk bball again and not fight with everyone.
when did we have a five game win streak?

Unfortunately, I think you are right. I've had the feeling lately that this board has become just a zone for negativity and it is no longer fun to come on here looking for good basketball discussion. I have questioned Cal and said a few things against him but I would rather read and talk more about actual basketball than to see all the negative stuff so often. And, as some pointed out, if you even suggest something positive you are attacked as a Cal lover instead of just talking about the game. It does get very tiring and I could see the future of this board being a very dim one. Used to be THE place to come for UK basketball news and talk. Been a member for a very long time but finding it more and more boring to check in on things each day.
a zone for negativity goes hand in hand with bad basketball

fix one and the other goes away.

refuse to fix it but demand support anyways and it leads to confrontation.

I also really don't understand the "I come here to talk basketball" stuff.

This board is full of stats and while I get that negativity is pervasive, there is no shortage of stat threads.

Give me an example of basketball talk that you want to see on here?

Do you want a "Wheeler had a good game with 9 assists and zero turnovers" and then 14 responses that say "yes he did"

I think the bigger issue here is the pretense of being positive with the intent to set off a firestorm of comments, and yes it works the other way where someone will post a negative thread.

But the negative thread totals correlate to the quality of basketball being played.

It’s kind of like a message board where people get all twisted up in knots over 18-22 yo guys playing a game that they can’t control, and is meant to be entertainment in the grand scheme of things….

Almost

Reactions: wildcatwelder
It’s kind of like a message board where people get all twisted up in knots over 18-22 yo guys playing a game that they can’t control, and is meant to be entertainment in the grand scheme of things….

Almost
people getting twisted up in knots over Kentucky basketball predates internet message boards by about 40 years.

ADVERTISEMENT