ADVERTISEMENT

This is Last Straw for Stoops

Game at FL 2-3 years ago I think. FL was down to their 3rd string QB, and he kicked UKs butt. Just so frustrating Stoops and Gran can’t find and develop a quality SEC QB.

UK, a historically PATHETIC football team in the SEC is in 3RD Place in the SEC East coming into this game....

You have a historic chance to make noise in the SEC East at 3Rd Place and this is the kind of EFFORT this Coach dials up ....

In a game this important....

This is just PATHETIC. You cannot excuse this CRAP of a Coaching effort.

We had a chance to solidify ourselves in 3rd Place in the SEC East and possibly challenge for the Division and your players come out playing like they DON'T EVEN CARE.

This is officially Stoops' ceiling. He will NEVER get UK beyond this point...

Get rid of him SOON and bring in a Coach who has the intelligence and drive to get us beyond this point.

The idea that you would ever question someone else's intelligence is comical.

Reactions: BlueTick2
We lost by 10

I think we played awful but to say we didn’t compete...have you been a fan long? If you wanna see UK not compete go check out the years before stoops

What does check out the years before have to do with it. This is a different coach, different time, but same old grind it out football. The game of football has changed a lot in my 81 years. If a coach doesn't change with it, he WILL LOSE. Saban is one of the best coaches in the game today, but he changed with the game, more open offense. Coach Bryant was the best coach in football at the time, but he learned the Wishbone under Coach Royal. I've always said, "BE NOT THE FIRST TO TRY THE NEW, NOR THE LAST TO LEAVE THE OLD." Coach Stoops offense went out with Woody Hayes. I'm not saying , fire him. What I would like, is to see him come into the 21 Century coaching.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

It was a completely foreseeable trap game loss. I honestly expected a loss today. The reality is, after last week, I’m still not even that upset. We had similar losses against USC and MSU last year. They will bounce back. Kentucky Football is not winning the SEC to begin with. Enjoy our competitive, mostly winning football program, or go away.

Maybe it was a trap game. I’d just observe that serious football programs get upset from time to time but rarely are they completely dominated by an inferior opponent.

HerrosHeros May be able to come up with enough miserable stats from today to say this was the worst loss in UK history.

UK, a historically PATHETIC football team in the SEC is in 3RD Place in the SEC East coming into this game....

You have a historic chance to make noise in the SEC East at 3Rd Place and this is the kind of EFFORT this Coach dials up ....

In a game this important....

This is just PATHETIC. You cannot excuse this CRAP of a Coaching effort.

We had a chance to solidify ourselves in 3rd Place in the SEC East and possibly challenge for the Division and your players come out playing like they DON'T EVEN CARE.

This is officially Stoops' ceiling. He will NEVER get UK beyond this point...

Get rid of him SOON and bring in a Coach who has the intelligence and drive to get us beyond this point.

But you loved him last week

Reactions: BlueTick2
Our defense was sub par, but our offense was terrible. I hope we go back to ruining the ball early and often. I think Coach Schlarman’s not being able to make the trip was weighing on the player’s minds too! We were missing people on the defensive side of the ball too that would have helped our pass rush!

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
OP has head that looks like this:
me6NBhCg3KnX3Xnxctb4enlvNDz3udz4nh8-sEkDJVfIXzyPaiTWTg3A_iiUzkZGCjE9rPX1gap_MjJBp3mEUJkLJM5ltEE6mrI6Ly8zEshsrVvz4KYJU5P766Uv4KYPSW8ZrQxdyf8r8IGB_tV7stDPkkXPULHklo4

Reactions: UKWinsAgainYep
Stoops is a good, not great coach. He is not the kind of coach that can get UK to the upper tier. He is able to get 4 wins each year against Level II schools. Then get 2-3 in the SEC, and thats about where we will always be. Every now and again, we will do better like last year.. Most years we will do 7 wins or less with Stoops. And this year with ALL SEC games, we will be doing about the same, 2-4 games.. Unfortunately we have no outside bunnies to pad our record.

When Gran was at Cincinnati he had a high scoring wide open offense, Stoops plays not to lose keeps offense conservative and he want make changes, Rod over Rose and I think Gatewood would have given us a much better chance to win with his arm today. If receivers can’t get open then play the younger guys at least give them a chance, Drennen is a big time player, all these other teams get talented freshmen on the field but we can’t seem to do that!

Stoops is a good, not great coach. He is not the kind of coach that can get UK to the upper tier. He is able to get 4 wins each year against Level II schools. Then get 2-3 in the SEC, and thats about where we will always be. Every now and again, we will do better like last year.. Most years we will do 7 wins or less with Stoops. And this year with ALL SEC games, we will be doing about the same, 2-4 games.. Unfortunately we have no outside bunnies to pad our record.
And you have money (prem mem) you waste to comment here?
R U that sub?

Again, I think some of you are not seeing the BIG PICTURE.

Some of you don't realize we came into this game 3rd PLACE in the SEC East....

Do you understand what an opportunity that is for UK football? With recruiting? With growing the program?

We were 3rd place coming into the game and Stoops LAYS AN EGG......

He totally BLOWS THIS OPPORTUNITY......

I'm tired of it. Could you at least show up to the game like you CARE that you're in 3rd Place?

Could the players at least give a DECENT EFFORT?

This was a huge opportunity to solidify in 3rd place and they BLOW IT.....

So the final score is the only metric for determining how we competed ?? Thats a seriously dumb take. We got dominated everywhere but the scoreboard . I'm a 40 plus year fan so dont give me that " been a fan " long nonsense. We were not mentally prepared for this game and we got it handed to us in every way possible.

X 1000^

One of the most one sided 10-point games you'll ever see. From second quarter on, we were never going to win that game. MO dominated us except they didn't score a lot of points. Yards, TOP, field position, you name it, they had a huge advantage.

Reactions: RunninRichie
X 1000^

One of the most one sided 10-point games you'll ever see. From second quarter on, we were never going to win that game. MO dominated us except they didn't score a lot of points. Yards, TOP, field position, you name it, they had a huge advantage.

Even the announcers at one point said UK looked pathetic......I kid you not....

Reactions: TIE543
Our defense was sub par, but our offense was terrible. I hope we go back to ruining the ball early and often. I think Coach Schlarman’s not being able to make the trip was weighing on the player’s minds too! We were missing people on the defensive side of the ball too that would have helped our pass rush!

Emotionally devastating. Also logistically challenging. Gran had the offense, OL, and RB. That's alot for one person

But you loved him last week

I don't think a lot of fans love Coach Stoops offense. We love winning, but we're probably not going to win against good teams with this offense, or should I say, "Lack of offense." Coach Stoops offense went the way of the dinosaurs with most coaches. Check the offenses of the coaches who have won the Championships in the last 7 or 8 years, then tell me about the offense, or lack of it. NO, I am not saying fire Stoops, so don't start that BS. I just hope that he will see that the game has changed, and maybe he needs to on offense. If not, we will win 6 or 7 games most years and go to a bowl, which will please about 50% of the fans. Then they can say, "Look what we were before Stoops got here."

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Good Morning Dan. Hope everything is GOOD in your life. I'm heading to Bonita Springs in January. Stay safe. Hope to see you at a game.
Vic Allen

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Well life throws a lot of mean curve balls sometimes , and even a few bean balls aimed at the heart / head -- But I have the Lord with me and that has to be enough . And it is .

Reactions: willievic
The problem for stoops is that he has scared off all the potential play maker game changers. They look at our offense and are going elsewhere.

You're gonna have days like that occasionally and it's tough to overcome when you don't have 4 and 5 star guys up and down the roster to just overwhelm the other team with talent alone. Look at the Tar Heels last week...Shit the bed the entire first half against FSU, a team we could've beat, and just couldn't come all the way back. That and this season is obviously different in terms of preparation, practice, etc. Overall, I feel like UK football is trending in a pretty good direction under Stoops.

Yeah. Couldn’t beat those 4 and 5 stars that Missouri had. Just wasn’t our day. Blah blah blah.

No. When YOU don't have a roster full of those guys, you have less margin of error, and everyone is capable of having a bad game, players, coaches, etc. Even more so this season with covid.

Look at some of your wins under Stoops...Penn St, Florida, Tennessee, Va Tech. Those are solid wins. Just my take, but overall dude seems like a good coach.

Listen to Stoops in the above video. He literally doesn't know what he's talking about regarding Offense. This guy is completely a DEFENSIVE COACH. He has NO BUSINESS influencing the Offense. He is absolutely CLUELESS on the Offensive side of the Ball. It's horrible.

Reactions: willievic
Listen to Stoops in the above video. He literally doesn't know what he's talking about regarding Offense. This guy is completely a DEFENSIVE COACH. He has NO BUSINESS influencing the Offense. He is absolutely CLUELESS on the Offensive side of the Ball. It's horrible.
Yep

You're gonna have days like that occasionally and it's tough to overcome when you don't have 4 and 5 star guys up and down the roster to just overwhelm the other team with talent alone. Look at the Tar Heels last week...Shit the bed the entire first half against FSU, a team we could've beat, and just couldn't come all the way back. That and this season is obviously different in terms of preparation, practice, etc. Overall, I feel like UK football is trending in a pretty good direction under Stoops.

Joe, I have learned in life, NOT TO MAKE EXCUSES. To be very honest with you, NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR EXCUSES. In life, sports, business, and life itself, is going to occasionally give you lemons, so just make lemonade, not excuses. The playing field for all the SEC teams is the same as far as preparation. Against Mizzou, UK was just NOT PREPARED, so therefore, we got our A$$ kicked by a team we should have beat.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Joe, I have learned in life, NOT TO MAKE EXCUSES. To be very honest with you, NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR EXCUSES. In life, sports, business, and life itself, is going to occasionally give you lemons, so just make lemonade, not excuses. The playing field for all the SEC teams is the same as far as preparation. Against Mizzou, UK was just NOT PREPARED, so therefore, we got our A$$ kicked by a team we should have beat.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!
Missouri is NOT a good fb team! Every thing with HC is defense and ball control. He has ZERO clue that in 2020 how important a a high scoring offense is.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT