ADVERTISEMENT

This is a great board

CHAMPCAT11

Senior
Jun 16, 2009
I have to admit that I get into UK basketball and football more than the other UK sports but I support all things UK. The basketball and football boards can get brutal and some pretty classless things can be said (myself included). I've really enjoyed following the baseball team this year but I'm the first to admit I jumped in the bandwagon after the team started building momentum. The regulars on this board seem to be all class and high character. I appreciate the civility shown and think this is an awesome forum. Certainly hope the baseball team continues to be a national power and thanks for sharing your thoughts with me.

There are a couple of differences for me between football/basketball and basball. First, due to the limited free rides available, a lot of these kids on the baseball team are either not getting scholarships at all, or sharing one. Hard to get too down on a kid that likely is paying at least some of his way through college. Second, unlike (cough, cough) some of our other teams, we have lots of Kentucky kids playing key roles on the baseball team, e.g., Heady, Marshall, Squires, Carson, Salow, et al. What is not to like? And they are here for at least three years (except for JUCOs, which are common in college baseball) so you can really follow their development.

I have to admit this is the first that I've REALLY started following the Baseball Wildcats...but that's going to change! I've really enjoyed the last few weeks!

ADVERTISEMENT