LowCountryCat

All-American
Apr 17, 2010
Orlando, FL
You've seen it on this board:

"You're not a real fan if you don't support the team"
"You don't know football"
"You're a troll who's happy UK is losing"

Folks, these are NOT your friends. These are people who are trying to gaslight you into supporting an administration run by Barney that DOES NOT CARE ABOUT FOOTBALL. Barney had to be forced into facilities upgrades YEARS LATER, instead of keeping his promise to Brooks, and because of it we lost Papa Brooks, the best coach we've had in decades. He retired out of frustration. Barney subsequently hired two failures in Joker and Stoops.

Any time you see someone posting on this board accusing someone else of being a disloyal or fake fan, remember that they do not support the TEAM, they support BARNEY. There's a big difference.

Those trying to shame-bully and gaslight fans who are unhappy with the product on the field are doing MORE DAMAGE to this program than Stoops. The only way real, lasting reform can happen is to hold an administration accountable for its decisions.

Barney has wasted millions on bad coaches. He's insulted the fans. He's passed on successful coaches who may have had problems in the past, while hiring others like Calipari who, outside the Bluegrass, has a perception of being shady. That's a double standard.

Do NOT let these sycophants gaslight you. The best way you can support the program is to call for Barney's removal. And call out these people for their lies.

The joke sailed over your head. Mitch and his supporters call UK fans "microwave fans." The opposite of a microwave is a conventional oven. They want you to be patient, just like a conventional oven takes a long time compared to a microwave.
Heh. I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic or not. But nice joke. Apparently I need some coffee!

It's on the money. Anyone who is content with Barnhart is not a true UK sports fan. True fans want the best possible way to win and promote. These guys that refuse to accept this are contrarians who have supported Mitch for so long they'd rather lose than give up that initial thought. If most fans were like them UK would be mediocre in every single sport and never take steps toward.

They are Indiana basketball clones.

Reactions: Rawrrr

Folks, these are NOT your friends. These are people who are trying to gaslight you into supporting an administration run by Barney that DOES NOT CARE ABOUT FOOTBALL. Barney had to be forced into facilities upgrades YEARS LATER, instead of keeping his promise to Brooks, and because of it we lost Papa Brooks, the best coach we've had in decades. He retired out of frustration. Barney subsequently hired two failures in Joker and Stoops.

Any time you see someone posting on this board accusing someone else of being a disloyal or fake fan, remember that they do not support the TEAM, they support BARNEY. There's a big difference.

Those trying to shame-bully and gaslight fans who are unhappy with the product on the field are doing MORE DAMAGE to this program than Stoops. The only way real, lasting reform can happen is to hold an administration accountable for its decisions.

Barney has wasted millions on bad coaches. He's insulted the fans. He's passed on successful coaches who may have had problems in the past, while hiring others like Calipari who, outside the Bluegrass, has a perception of being shady. That's a double standard.

Do NOT let these sycophants gaslight you. The best way you can support the program is to call for Barney's removal. And call out these people for their lies.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The true fans need to keep the hammer down and don't let them bully you and infect everyone else with their mediocre expectations. Last time I checked high expectations never hurt a program. More often than not they push people to excellence.

Reactions: CB3UK and morgousky
Couldn't have said it better myself. The true fans need to keep the hammer down and don't let them bully you and infect everyone else with their mediocre expectations. Last time I checked high expectations never hurt a program. More often than not they push people to excellence.

The Mitch fans and sycophants are beta's. They couldn't bully a 4 year old school girl.

Z4Z0Z3T.png

This is the one apologist I don't ignore. I think X mostly has some good positions but is a bit hypocritical when it comes to football. We all have our flaws and no ones perfect.
If you can't forge your own entertainment out of UK football then you will be absolutely miserable , I used to be miserable but learned to take a lite hearted approach . It's a better experience now , people don't always like or understand that .

This from a guy who calls himself Prime MF on a chat website.

I probably fall into the camp that wants to be patient. I was 100% against the fire Stoops after 1st game. However, after yesterday there is obviously some major issues with the program. Not sure where I stand at this point other than disappointed.

In all sincerity, what is the problem? We've had umpteen coaches and nothing ever changes. At this point I'm at a loss.
Mitch Barnhart is the problem. ....he has not been held accountable for his many bad hires....he refuses to take chances on coaches who have baggage ie.....Petrino, Leach, Calipari (yes he was hired the 2nd time but against Mitchs wishes) he only wants to make "safe" hires that will just say yes sir and no sir to him. Mitch is the cancer of UK athletics

Mitch Barnhart is the problem. ....he has not been held accountable for his many bad hires....he refuses to take chances on coaches who have baggage ie.....Petrino, Leach, Calipari (yes he was hired the 2nd time but against Mitchs wishes) he only wants to make "safe" hires that will just say yes sir and no sir to him. Mitch is the cancer of UK athletics

But we sucked long before Mitch Barnhart and I would argue that the Brook's era was one of the better in UK's history. Furthermore, I'm not sure you can say he hired this guy and that guy but the good one he doesn't get any credit for. Not really defending Barnhart but he's not the soul reason for 60 plus years of football problems

Agreed...he's not the the only reason.....just the current one. As for not giving him credit for Cal........I'm not an insider.....but there has been enough smoke around that story for me to believe that a fire exists. Seems Tha majority of people close to UK basketball say that Barnhart had nothing to do with Cal being here and that Cal doesn't even report to Barnhart to this day

Reactions: Ugoff
Barnhart would be a helluva guy to work for. He always does what is in the best interest of his employees but that does not equate to the best interest of fans and athletes. It's more like he thinks he's union head of UK coaches than their boss.

I don't know if he gets credit for the Cal hiring because the introductory press conference was a total embarrassment on his part. I give him an A for the Brooks hiring and for Cohen the baseball coach but failed to keep either one of them around, a D for the Tubby extension, an F for the BCG hiring(still mind-boggling that we used a consulting firm for our basketball job AND failed to do any kind of vetting), a D for Joker, a B for hiring Matthew Mitchell but an F for paying him a million dollars a year for a non-revenue sport and who's program has completely imploded after some success. I'm ok with the hiring of Stoops but another F for the asinine contract extension that has us on the hook for $12 million for a 12-26 coach. Just unbelievable that people try to defend his record.

Agreed...he's not the the only reason.....just the current one. As for not giving him credit for Cal........I'm not an insider.....but there has been enough smoke around that story for me to believe that a fire exists. Seems Tha majority of people close to UK basketball say that Barnhart had nothing to do with Cal being here and that Cal doesn't even report to Barnhart to this day

Yeah, I'm just searching for answers myself. I have no idea what UK should do and it's very very frustrating.

But we sucked long before Mitch Barnhart and I would argue that the Brook's era was one of the better in UK's history. Furthermore, I'm not sure you can say he hired this guy and that guy but the good one he doesn't get any credit for. Not really defending Barnhart but he's not the soul reason for 60 plus years of football problems
Doesn't matter. He is the problem now, and he's making things worse.

Reactions: TEdington
If you can't forge your own entertainment out of UK football then you will be absolutely miserable , I used to be miserable but learned to take a lite hearted approach . It's a better experience now , people don't always like or understand that .

I agree 100%. I used to be so emotionally invested in UK football and it takes a toll on you. If you can approach it as if you're watching a comedy or a satire on the game of football... You can still have a great day. Until UK approaches football seriously, why should we?

But losing football preceded Mitch Barnhart. There has to be something else besides blaming MB, especially since we saw winning football (I.e. - UK had a winning record) with Guy Morris' last year at UK and Brooks for the last 4 years of his tenure - during MB time as AD at UK.

I'm not sticking up for MB, I'm just saying there are bigger issues with UK football than 1 guy, who has more winning seasons of football under his tenure as AD than just about any other AD. That's not a debatable point....it's a fact.

Reactions: mapcatfan
Doesn't matter. He is the problem now, and he's making things worse.
How so? How is he actively making things worse?

He just presided over roughly $200 million in upgrades to our football facilities (stadium, practice facility) - so you can't say he's not doing his part as AD to make UK football better...off the field.

On the field is up to the coaches and players. Right now, Stoops and staff have a huge mountain to climb to right the ship. If they don't, then maybe MB makes a move after this season.

How's that for sycophant gaslighting (whatever the hell that means...)??

Stoops was a hot coordinator when he was hired. He had worked for successful coaches and comes from a family of successful coaches. On paper, it looked like he would be successful.

Did anyone foresee him being totally incapable of managing the program or installing discipline into the team? I didn't.

Im not an insider but surely Mitch has attempted to develop Stoops. Surely, the entire world isn't watching this organizational disaster and the athletic director isnt getting involved.

Reactions: TNTUK

He just presided over roughly $200 million in upgrades to our football facilities (stadium, practice facility) - so you can't say he's not doing his part as AD to make UK football better...off the field.

On the field is up to the coaches and players. Right now, Stoops and staff have a huge mountain to climb to right the ship. If they don't, then maybe MB makes a move after this season.

He's making things worse by tying UK's financial hands together so they can't fire Stoops who is failing miserably.

Thanks for trying to contribute even though you clearly didn't read the OP.

Your devotion to Barney and Stoops is noted.

Reactions: Longtrip

Wow. Some people will never let it go. Barnhart is terrible. There's too many reasons to cite. These types just make me SMDH

Wow. Some people will never let it go. Barnhart is terrible. There's too many reasons to cite. These types just make me SMDH
List them for me. List the reasons you think MB is terrible.

He's making things worse by tying UK's financial hands together so they can't fire Stoops who is failing miserably.

Thanks for trying to contribute even though you clearly didn't read the OP.

Your devotion to Barney and Stoops is noted.
Lol. Am I on your sycophant gaslighting list now?? Please say it ain't so.

I stated I'm not sticking up for Mitch, just pointing out facts.

Nor am I in Stoops' corner at this point. He's shown that he is incapable of developing players and lacks an ability to make in game adjustments going on 3 years and 2 games now.

That said, I agree - tying the university to $12 million is NOW a bad idea b/c UK is struggling at football. But at the time the deal was done UK was playing and recruiting very well. At the time, it was a great idea....

Hindsight is 20/20, but if Stoops took this program to new levels like we all had hoped due to the recruiting successes he's had, we'd be calling MB a genius for locking that deal in. Or we'd be calling for Mitch's head b/c he didn't lock Stoops into a better deal....(if MB didn't offer Stoops some type of deal/extension).

It was a risk, but with TV deals as lucrative as they are, $12million is a feather in the cap...especially paid out over 3.5 years (42 months). If things stay par for the course the rest of this season, I'd be surprised if we didn't see a change.

ADVERTISEMENT