ADVERTISEMENT

Think we can get a split against Mizzou/UT?

ukgrad2004

Senior
Jun 14, 2009
If we do, then I am feeling pretty good about 7-5. Both are at home. Who do we match up better against?

We can beat Missouri if healthy. Like the South Carolina game, they're probably due though. Tennessee has no business playing with us. Not that we are world beaters, they are just bad. Sure they beat Miss State but that MSU team is not who we played.

At the current state of these two teams it does not look promising. Bottom line I would not wager on these games for a UK win. But I pray we will because we need one to get to six. Six is now my goal and yes it is going to be difficult to do. If we could beat both of them that would be icing on our little cake.

Before the season I had both of these as W with Missouri more than UT because of history. UK does not like to beat UT for some strange reason

Lack of caring less than half the teams we have played so far, and the play calling, don't see how unless our players, all of them, start caring more than the other team. TN is at least playing hard now, they have enough good players to beat us, they will think they can win it more than our players and they have numerous playmakers. MO's qb alone, imagine that, if most second and 3rd stringers can eat us alive, imagine him.

In short, we lose both unless our mindset as a team changes. Need everyone playing their guts out every play the whole game. Just not enough starters willing to do that.

Reactions: UKat1
If we do, then I am feeling pretty good about 7-5. Both are at home. Who do we match up better against?
Missouri has the best defense in the SEC so far this season. I think both of these games are very hard to predict because we have such a fluid situation with our team right now. I am just hoping for the best.

Reactions: ManitouDan
MO typically can score points and while our D woke up yesterday, it was against a piss poor Arkansas team. We can't score with them.

I was fairly positive vs. UTooth but then they went and beat MSU, who kicked our butts. Again, if we can't score, we can't win.

Hoping for a split. To win both we need SS fully healthy and Stoops being aggressive on offense.

MO typically can score points and while our D woke up yesterday, it was against a piss poor Arkansas team. We can't score with them.

I was fairly positive vs. UTooth but then they went and beat MSU, who kicked our butts. Again, if we can't score, we can't win.

Hoping for a split. To win both we need SS fully healthy and Stoops being aggressive on offense.
While you can't gauge outcomes on head to head using Miss St results is misleading. UK played them a month ago in Starkville, UT caught them at home after they were raped vs Auburn. UK can win the TN game if they'll show up focused, admittedly what they were not last year.

Yeah it is. They havent been good all season. They were down 28-0 the very next week mere minutes into the 2nd quarter v Auburn. We inexcusably wet the bed against them.
If the rumor is true - IF - that Smith had a broken bone in his throwing wrist, that’s a decent one, as far as excuses go.......

While you can't gauge outcomes on head to head using Miss St results is misleading. UK played them a month ago in Starkville, UT caught them at home after they were raped vs Auburn. UK can win the TN game if they'll show up focused, admittedly what they were not last year.

Good point. Just noting that UT looks to be putting something together. They beat MSU and we got pummeled (though we were playing with a QB who could barely throw the ball) and they were solid against UGA for a half.

With a WR playing QB and our past hx vs. these guys, hard to predict a victory.

If the rumor is true - IF - that Smith had a broken bone in his throwing wrist, that’s a decent one, as far as excuses go.......
I don't see any reason to believe SS has a broken bone in his wrist, and haven't heard a rumor about it that is credible. Broken bones require treatment. SS isn't wearing a cast.

I said we should win both before the season started and Wilson got hurt, now I'm not sure. I do think we will win one of those games but I too wouldn't bet on either now.

Reactions: ukgrad2004
I don't see any reason to believe SS has a broken bone in his wrist, and haven't heard a rumor about it that is credible. Broken bones require treatment. SS isn't wearing a cast.
Your naïveté surprises me. I read it on this very forum, therefore it must be true. Duh.

Reactions: mrschwump
Both are possible wins. Win percentage probability against Mizzou is probably 30% and the UT probability is probably 50/50. Will need good QB play, and will need to minimize turnovers and will need to have a good crowd to lift us up both weeks.

We can definitely win both games. Most likely, we'll go 1-1, but I won't be surprised if we win both. If these games were on the road, I'd expect to lose both of them. However, at home, these games are toss-ups.

Reactions: ukgrad2004
We can beat Missouri if healthy. Like the South Carolina game, they're probably due though. Tennessee has no business playing with us. Not that we are world beaters, they are just bad. Sure they beat Miss State but that MSU team is not who we played.

How is the MSU that UT beat not the same MSU that we played? In what way?

Reactions: UKat1
Not all broken bones require a cast. I broke my elbow and never wore a case. My junior year of high school I broke my wrist and only wore a soft cast and continued to play games with it. Still it is very unlikely Smith broke a bone in his wrist. Whatever it was it was likely soft tissue damage.

Tennessee doesn't have any offense...so it's one of those game where we just need to capitalize on a few scores...win like 17-13 or something.

Missouri can score some...us being at home gives us some room to work with as far as momentum. Their defense isn't really intimidating...but if Sawyer Smith isn't healthy? We probably cannot keep up. That all depends on the health of the QB.

A healthy Sawyer Smith combined with this new dynamic Wildcat Lynn Bowden changes things.

Auburn beat MSU twice. That's why man. If MSU had played Auburn before UK instead of KSU we would have won the game. lol.
3 missed field goals
a pick 6
dropped touchdown passes
missed sacks

We had that game for the taking....they didn't beat us in a way where I thought they were the better team. We just made way TOO MANY mental mistakes.

3 missed field goals
a pick 6
dropped touchdown passes
missed sacks

We had that game for the taking....they didn't beat us in a way where I thought they were the better team. We just made way TOO MANY mental mistakes.

mental mistakes caused us to allow 2 120 yard rushers that game, too

3 missed field goals
a pick 6
dropped touchdown passes
missed sacks

I don't disagree on the mental mistakes, but I never really felt we had a shot to win the game.

mental mistakes caused us to allow 2 120 yard rushers that game, too
That's what happens when you go 3 and out constantly and let the other team on the field...

We went 1 of 12 on 3rd down (3 of 4 on 4th down)
They held a 33 minutes to 26 minutes time of possession advantage.

And we had 3 points at half time....those 2 120 yard rushers didn't cost us the game. Yeah...our run D wasn't top notch...but we still allowed under 30 points with all that working against us.

I don't disagree on the mental mistakes, but I never really felt we had a shot to win the game.
I agree on that point...but as I'm saying...we play them a week earlier and at home instead of Florida? Not coming off a loss with a healthy SS. I see us winning that game.

Mentally we were checked out that game. And it was a road game.

That's what happens when you go 3 and out constantly and let the other team on the field...

We went 1 of 12 on 3rd down (3 of 4 on 4th down)
They held a 33 minutes to 26 minutes time of possession advantage.

And we had 3 points at half time....those 2 120 yard rushers didn't cost us the game. Yeah...our run D wasn't top notch...but we still allowed under 30 points with all that working against us.

We followed that performance up by allowing 2 100+ yard rushers the next week, too. No excuses. The run D has been bad.

Reactions: ManitouDan
I agree on that point...but as I'm saying...we play them a week earlier and at home instead of Florida? Not coming off a loss with a healthy SS. I see us winning that game.

Being “mentally checked out” of any game, especially an SEC game, is 100% unacceptable. I don’t think that’s it, though. I think that’s an excuse. We just weren’t that good because we aren’t that good.

Yeah, if we played them at home with a healthy SS I agree we may have won the game.

We followed that performance up by allowing 2 100+ yard rushers the next week, too. No excuses. The run D has been bad.
Again...we didn't lose that game because of defense...

I want to say that we got shut out the entire game...we scored a mop up time TD with 2 minutes to go....that's not on the defense.

2 of 15 on 3rd down
34 to 26 time of possession.

I mean it was 10-0 at half....but yeah...it's the defense's fault lol

Reactions: willievic
ADVERTISEMENT