ADVERTISEMENT

Things to Do Downtown Indy

harlanhomeboy

Sophomore
Feb 5, 2003
Hey! Taking a school group to Indy for the Champions Classic. Are there any cool things in downtown Indy we should check out? Thanks!

Children's Museum is great for any age (but not exactly cheap), Eiteljorg is a decent museum, Canal walk is fun is weather cooperates, St Elmos for one of the best steaks you've ever had in your life, Crackers Comedy Club, Circle Center Mall is pretty decent, the zoo is pretty solid. Pretty much anything you can find in a decent sized downtown area.

Reactions: harlanhomeboy
Go to Kilroy's and order the breadsticks. Only good product to ever come out of Bloomington, thank God they opened an Indy location. The canal walk is alright as well. If you don't mind a small drive, the Indianapolis Museum of Art is wonderful; make sure to visit the European floor.

Thanks for the info so far! We are doing TopGolf on the outskirts in Fishers on Monday night and the NCAA Hall of Champions Tuesday morning in addition to the games Tuesday night so far.

Reactions: MWes11
Indy 500 museum and the Conner Prarie for kids, depending on the weather.

(These arent dowtown Indy, but there really isnt that much downtown. I've heard the Zoo and children's museum are good but never have been.)

Last edited:
Thanks for the info so far! We are doing TopGolf on the outskirts in Fishers on Monday night and the NCAA Hall of Champions Tuesday morning in addition to the games Tuesday night so far.
I live in Fishers...Top Golf is a blast. If you have time drive about 3 miles east of Top Golf on 116th St to Ale Emporium. Its a nice sports bar that is famous in INDY for wings and pizza. Try the famous Herminacki wings and thank me later!

My pops and I are staying at Embassy Suites downtown.
We aren’t going to the game but will be looking for a sports bar to hang with a bunch of uk fans. Will there be a sports bar the uk alumni association will be at?

Pregame gathering and pep rally:

UK Alumni Pre-Game Party (Hosted by the Central Indiana UK Alumni Club)
Tuesday, November 6, 2018 | 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. ET
Tin Roof Indianapolis
36 S. Pennsylvania St. | Indianapolis, Indiana

My pops and I are staying at Embassy Suites downtown.
We aren’t going to the game but will be looking for a sports bar to hang with a bunch of uk fans. Will there be a sports bar the uk alumni association will be at?

See my post above! Will be plenty of UK fans there to watch the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT