ADVERTISEMENT

Things seemed to click for Vanderbilt

He is a doberman on crack sometimes. The kid plays SOOOO hard.

I can relate. When I was in school, in PE or Gym- the PE teacher would always say, "You are a team player, but, you are trying to do too much and working waaaay too hard."

He's my new favorite. I still like my Ghost (aka Knox), but, Vandy is just a motor. I love him.

He just needs to be that scrappy mkg hustle and rebound/make plays guy. Makes us a lot better.

He is a doberman on crack sometimes. The kid plays SOOOO hard.

I can relate. When I was in school, in PE or Gym- the PE teacher would always say, "You are a team player, but, you are trying to do too much and working waaaay too hard."

He's my new favorite. I still like my Ghost (aka Knox), but, Vandy is just a motor. I love him.
You might have been doing too much but you can never work too hard. That's what makes great players great is the desire to put in work more than anyone else!

Trying to say this without being hyperbolic or condescending . . .

It has been readily apparent to me that Vanderbilt is the best college basketball player on this team. I like one poster's analogy to MKG -- one of the greatest college basketball players of all time. And this team certainly doesn't have an AD.

Vanderbilt can be a 15-and-12 guy every night for us. But, of course, as another poster said in another thread . . . when you have a horse like Vanderbilt, a great coach will get out of the way and let him run ! We'll see.

That dude is great. Does absolutey everything. Does need some touch, though lol

Reactions: Cindog28
You might have been doing too much but you can never work too hard. That's what makes great players great is the desire to put in work more than anyone else!

What he mean was too hard translates into trying to do too much. And Knox and Vandy have that problem at times. SGA too.

Basically, make the EASY play.

Reactions: Pizza Slice
Imagine if him and Green can become lock-down defenders, like Shai.

Holy moly.

This team has a lot of growth ahead of them.. Really hope we only lose 1 or 2.

First guy Cal complimented in post game was Vanderbilt.

He knows this guy can be huge going down the stretch.

Hitting a few shots today may turn him into complete beast mode.

He has a crazy motor and elite rebounding and passing skills.

Reactions: Chuckinden
When he first started playing this year, he was the energizer bunny, but he played out of control alot. I think once he slows down, he will be much more effective. He is absolutely a beast rebounding. Anywhere within 5 feet of the basket should be automatic for him.

What he mean was too hard translates into trying to do too much. And Knox and Vandy have that problem at times. SGA too.

Basically, make the EASY play.
Vanderbilt brings so much to this team. Think he is still getting his legs back. Still needs to regain some explosiveness.

Knox only plays hard when he has the ball. When he can do it on both ends sky is the limit.

Rebounding machine!!

Just needs to be a cleaner on the offensive end. He made those bunnies down the stretch that he was missing earlier in the game.

Im pretty sure today's the most minutes hes ever played at 19. Imagine if we could see him go from 15mpg to 25mpg. Hes a star in the making. We get him AND at least 2 of Washington/Gabriel/Richards next year and we're going to be a force with SKJ as the back up.

It looks like Vanderbilt is starting to figure out his role on this team, and getting into better shape physically.

We start getting some scoring and ball movement out of Quade, and JV turns the corner, it could be HUGE for us!

I think he learned late today to open his eyes when he shoots. Plays hard. Slow down at times. Team player

I hope he turns into a new Heshimu for the rest of the year.
Just do all the intangible stuff...

Not to mention his ball-handling. He’s our only big who can dribble more than 10 feet without losing control.

He plays so hard it's hard not to forgive him missing so many bunnies. His motor is above the red line all of the time. Give me a team full of guys like him and we'll bludgeon everybody into submission. He changes the identity of this team big time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT