ADVERTISEMENT

Thing I Like Most About Josh Hueple . . .

My answer would be that he always looks like he needs a bath and a shave. I like that in a coach
iu

He's given UTjr a renewed taste of success that will leave their fans wanting when he departs for a better program. I can't wait to watch them melt down again when their next coach starts talking about championships in life again.

He's given UTjr a renewed taste of success that will leave their fans wanting when he departs for a better program. I can't wait to watch them melt down again when their next coach starts talking about championships in life again.
I don’t know man. The name of the game now is NIL and Tennessee, sadly, is on the forefront. I can only imagine he’d leave for Ohio St, Bama, Georgia, and maybe a few others, none of which are looking to be open soon. Supposedly
the Oklahoma bridge has been burned.

I doubt UT lets him leave without a $$$ fight. I thought that he called the dogs off in the second half, felt like he didn’t want to run it up on Oklahoma

Reactions: SmokeyJoe65
I don’t know man. The name of the game now is NIL and Tennessee, sadly, is on the forefront. I can only imagine he’d leave for Ohio St, Bama, Georgia, and maybe a few others, none of which are looking to be open soon. Supposedly
If the Kentucky-Pitino bridge can be pieced back together, then no bridge is truly burned, IMO.

Ole Miss, Bama, Georgia, Florida, UT, Oklahoma, and LSU are all comparable or better than UTjr historically. They have fan bases that'll shell out. Hell, even UK has a beer brand and an army of weaponized alcoholics (I say that lovingly as a bourbon and beer and Boiler Maker [drink] lover). That's just the SEC.

Plus, there should be rules changes regarding NIL on the horizon. Don't forget that it's the Wild West out here right now. Yeah, Chumlee might hang out in Knoxville for a while, but I'm not going to act like UTjr is on a pedestal.

"Ole Miss, Bama, Georgia, Florida, UT, Oklahoma, and LSU are all comparable or better than UTjr historically. "
Ole Miss hasn't been historically comparable to UT.

And for the record, since Texas and OU joined the SEC, the SEC office dubbed Tennessee as UT and Texas as Texas.

Reactions: ltcvol
Meh. Fun football to watch. Not championship material imo.

Yeah, definitely better than uk, but UT claims they're a football school.

Gimmick offense, terrible D.

There's a reason lincoln riley always got smoked in the playoffs at OU.

If it makes you feel better, then by all means do so. Just seems sort of grade school.
If you're not a fan of how Tennessee is discussed on this forum made for Kentucky fans, might I recommend using the back button until you get to your home page? It's a forum, not a panel of experts, so I wouldn't take anything written on this board too seriously. If you can get over the light-hearted ribbing, then by all means, stick around. We have blue beer and bourbon. 🍻

If you're not a fan of how Tennessee is discussed on this forum made for Kentucky fans, might I recommend using the back button until you get to your home page? It's a forum, not a panel of experts, so I wouldn't take anything written on this board too seriously. If you can get over the light-hearted ribbing, then by all means, stick around. We have blue beer and bourbon. 🍻
Nah. I'm used to it and get it. Go to any SEC sports board, including any UT board, and you will see similar stuff. I will admit to not being above it at times. It doesn't offend me; I was just pointing out that the SEC basically told Texas that it's one of the new kids on the block and there was already a UT in the conference.

Reactions: SmokeyJoe65
Nah. I'm used to it and get it. Go to any SEC sports board, including any UT board, and you will see similar stuff. I will admit to not being above it at times. It doesn't offend me; I was just pointing out that the SEC basically told Texas that it's one of the new kids on the block and there was already a UT in the conference.
I've been reading about this "Who has the right to be called UT?" thing for decades. Actually seems silly to me. What I've noticed is it only seems to come up when one or the other or both have a good team, if either or both are taking a dive don't seem to hear much about it. If fans want to call their school "UT" then go for it.

I've been reading about this "Who has the right to be called UT?" thing for decades. Actually seems silly to me. What I've noticed is it only seems to come up when one or the other or both have a good team, if either or both are taking a dive don't seem to hear much about it. If fans want to call their school "UT" then go for it.
I don't think it ever really mattered much until Texas joined the SEC as both schools were UT in their respective conferences. And even though the SEC seemingly settled it, I suspect the issue will never be settled between the 2 fanbases. College sports fanbases have never needed much reason to argue with each other over trivial issues.

Maybe we could get Chumlee to coach us with a small pay raise and bigger buffet. Sounds like a Win Win.

I have to admit that Heupel is a good coach and seemingly, a nice guy.
I could see him a couple of years away from the NFL. Florida is a top 10 job IMO, and they would be smart to try and poach Josh Heupel or Lane Kiffin.

I have to admit that Heupel is a good coach and seemingly, a nice guy.
I could see him a couple of years away from the NFL. Florida is a top 10 job IMO, and they would be smart to try and poach Josh Heupel or Lane Kiffin.
With FL administration and AD, FL is now not a top 10 job. Actually, TN is now a better job than FL. The reason I don't think Kiffin will go to FL is Ole Mss is a better job than FL with their mess. Ole Miss is paying Kiffin $9 million with a 10th of the pressure he would have at FL. Actually KY is a much better job than FL. $9 million and no winning expectations or at least for past 11 years.

He makes Stoops look svelte.
Looks like the guy who shows up to clean your septic system eatin a ham sandwich.

But he a great game caller. One thing about guys lie hin and other offensive minded coaches is, they are mor of a difference maker once the ball is kicked off. Stoops does his stuff before game time and when the clock starts is pretty much just watching and reacting like we are.

Guys like Huepel and Kiffin and Sark are effecting the game live action more

Ole Miss hasn't been historically comparable to UT.

And for the record, since Texas and OU joined the SEC, the SEC office dubbed Tennessee as UT and Texas as Texas.
Wow.

I lived in Oklahoma in 1987. Someone mention that The University of Tulsa was called "TU" so as to distinguish it from "UT." I responded that I was a tad surprised anyone West of the Mississippi gave a damn about the University of Tennessee, and learned that Texas was also known as "UT."

Had many an interesting conversations about college football, comparing SEC to the Big Eight (or WTF) they were then. I told all who would listen that if there were a true playoff, half or more National Titles would be won by SEC Teams.

I have been vindicated!!!!

It felt so odd explaining SEC Football to them, as they were REALLY not all that knowledgeable.

It went something like this:

"In 1950 there was a Coach at UT named General Robert "Bob" Neyland, a Coach at UK named Paul "Bear" Bryant, and the Kentucky Coach broke Oklahoma's then 31 game winning streak in the January 1, 1951 Sugar Bowl. UT actually had beaten that UK team 7-0 on a snowy Thanksgiving Day in Novermber of 1950, in Knoxville, Tennessee. Oklahoma then went on a 50 game (plus) winning streak, beginning in 1952, but which included no wins against SEC Teams."

They didn't like me very much in Oklahoma.

I was out there a few times in roughly the same time period, the late 80s, as the lady I was dating her father and stepmom lived in Oklahoma City. Good people out there and fiercely passionate about Sooner football. And you are right; they knew little about SEC football, and only seemed to care about their rivalries with Texas and Nebraska.

With FL administration and AD, FL is now not a top 10 job. Actually, TN is now a better job than FL. The reason I don't think Kiffin will go to FL is Ole Mss is a better job than FL with their mess. Ole Miss is paying Kiffin $9 million with a 10th of the pressure he would have at FL. Actually KY is a much better job than FL. $9 million and no winning expectations or at least for past 11 years.
This is the truth, we are paying 9 million a year to go to the Music City, Liberty, Birmingham bowls. 1 out of 6 years win 9-10 games but usually finish around 7-5. What coach wouldn’t want UK’s head coach job especially with no pressure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT