ADVERTISEMENT

They were better yes but WOW.

CRZ4UK

Sophomore
Gold Member
Feb 16, 2021
Let me start by saying I think our game plan sucked. Tennessees defensive strategy is to take away the run. Eight guys were in the box all night. We ran anyways. In years past we did this. With this Oline really?? Bad game plan period. Here’s the bright spot. We were hanging with them anyways. What broke our spirit was just karma. That first PI penalty he wasn’t even touched. Official on the play didn’t throw the flag. Guy all the way on the other side of the field did. Hard hit on the slant route sure. Good play. How often does the ball bounce straight into your arms tho. Guy never moved. They punted 3X. Each downed inside the 3yd line. First one hit at 2 and bounced straight up 15 yds. How often does that happen?? 2nd one guy caught over his shoulder at the 2. They were better than us but my goodness. They got every good bounce and bad call all game. I’ve played sports all my life and have been a part of games like this. Sometimes it’s just the other teams day and nothing goes wrong for them. Our spirit just broke and I can’t blame them. We have a good not great team. Let’s root them on. Encourage them. Let them know we are behind them. We gotta pick up these pieces and start moving forward because we just can’t lose to UofL. We just can’t!!

“We we’re hanging with them”? Did you watch the game?
Well late in 2nd Q if we don’t have the INT debacle we were in prime position to make it 20-13 and if we hold them out (because they’ll have to drive the field ) we have a chance to take the lead after half or make it at worse a 1 possesion game again it’s a completely different game then and we don’t quit and airmail the rest in.

• Haha
Reactions: AE82
Let me start by saying I think our game plan sucked. Tennessees defensive strategy is to take away the run. Eight guys were in the box all night. We ran anyways. In years past we did this. With this Oline really?? Bad game plan period. Here’s the bright spot. We were hanging with them anyways. What broke our spirit was just karma. That first PI penalty he wasn’t even touched. Official on the play didn’t throw the flag. Guy all the way on the other side of the field did. Hard hit on the slant route sure. Good play. How often does the ball bounce straight into your arms tho. Guy never moved. They punted 3X. Each downed inside the 3yd line. First one hit at 2 and bounced straight up 15 yds. How often does that happen?? 2nd one guy caught over his shoulder at the 2. They were better than us but my goodness. They got every good bounce and bad call all game. I’ve played sports all my life and have been a part of games like this. Sometimes it’s just the other teams day and nothing goes wrong for them. Our spirit just broke and I can’t blame them. We have a good not great team. Let’s root them on. Encourage them. Let them know we are behind them. We gotta pick up these pieces and start moving forward because we just can’t lose to UofL. We just can’t!!
In no point was Kentucky hanging with them, Tennessee just wasn’t executing for a quarter, the only Kentucky stopped them was because Tennessee got penatlties

Well late in 2nd Q if we don’t have the INT debacle we were in prime position to make it 20-13 and if we hold them out (because they’ll have to drive the field ) we have a chance to take the lead after half or make it at worse a 1 possesion game again it’s a completely different game then and we don’t quit and airmail the rest in.
If it wasn't intercepted it would have been 4th and 7, so Stoops would more than likely kicked a FG. So likely would have been 20-10.

Lots of ifs in here

You've "played sports" your whole life and that's what you took from that travesty?

UK was completely dominated. Stop, man.

Reactions: Vol1401
That interception wasn’t karma. It was a quarterback not alert to what the defense was doing and throwing a pass that lead his receiver into a dangerous collision. Key was lucky he wasn’t injured. Levis hung his ass out to dry .

Reactions: Arias43
I would expect a lot of teams, college and pro, will take long looks at Heupel. I also expect some college teams who will want to utilize his offense will be looking at his OC, Alex Golesh, who has been with JH a few years, and whom JH completely trusts with playcalling duties. He also knows this offense very well.

It is the inevitable problem that comes with success. Hopefully we can hang onto JH for awhile.

Reactions: Vol1401
We were hanging with them until Ruffolo missed the extra point. I’m telling you it changed the whole complexion of the game! Easiest lay of 11.5 points in a long time, trying to think of one easier recently.

ADVERTISEMENT