ADVERTISEMENT

The writing is on the wall, right??

stuway

Senior
Mar 29, 2007
I mean this has to be Cal's last year, right?? As in he knows that too....he has given up on adding to this year's team. Idk who we have coming next year but doesn't look like much so far. He hasn't even replaced Jai yet. It just appears from reading tea leaves and just putting it all together......it appears to me the coach himself knows he is leaving after next season. I truly believe this now

If it happens, when it happens , I want Musselman. He is a realistic option and IMO our best to shot to get back up. Brad Stevens, Jay Wright, Billy Donovan, none of them would realistically come here. I want Muss and believe he could pull off a quick rebuild and get us rolling

Seriously though, most of this has been discussed at nauseum. What are you people's thoughts?? I firmly believe this is his last year and he is making an exit strategy as we type

It’s looking likely.

All forward momentum has stalled. Cal seems like a man collecting checks until he can retire.

Have no idea who his replacement will be, but I have a feeling it’s going to be someone who needs to grow into the job instead of someone with a UK ready resume.

I mean this has to be Cal's last year, right?? As in he knows that too....he has given up on adding to this year's team. Idk who we have coming next year but doesn't look like much so far. He hasn't even replaced Jai yet. It just appears from reading tea leaves and just putting it all together......it appears to me the coach himself knows he is leaving after next season. I truly believe this now

If it happens, when it happens , I want Musselman. He is a realistic option and IMO our best to shot to get back up. Brad Stevens, Jay Wright, Billy Donovan, none of them would realistically come here. I want Muss and believe he could pull off a quick rebuild and get us rolling

Seriously though, most of this has been discussed at nauseum. What are you people's thoughts?? I firmly believe this is his last year and he is making an exit strategy as we type
I disagree. And yes it has been discussed in many threads. But you felt the need for one more.

This will not be Cal’s last year. These threads can stop. He has to coach two more years to be able to move into the 1 million dollar a year retirement “role” in his “lifetime” contract.

I would be SHOCKED to see him pass up 8.5 million dollars in salary next year and 1 mill a year afterwards with some gravy gig. Would any of you give that up because some fans don’t like you and you couldn’t convince some 17 year olds to do something? I’m guessing not. He’s not fireable due to the huge buyout within this couple year window either.

Imo he has two more at most. He just literally doesn't have the fight left. He's in legacy mode where he's trying to leave a mark on the sport that will endure, while the fans want to win games.

He did a fantastic job at UK and he will be very hard to replace. I really hope he just goes quietly before the percentage of fans who dislike him eclipse everyone else.

Reactions: delk4three
This will not be Cal’s last year. These threads can stop. He has to coach two more years to be able to move into the 1 million dollar a year retirement “role” in his “lifetime” contract.

I would be SHOCKED to see him pass up 8.5 million dollars in salary next year and 1 mill a year afterwards with some gravy gig. Would any of you give that up because some fans don’t like you and you couldn’t convince some 17 year olds to do something? I’m guessing not. He’s not fireable due to the huge buyout within this couple year window either.

Guys good lord. The buyout for the ambassador is small, he’s not going to be extended into that role. Calipari has screwed over a lot of people by lying to get that crazy contract. They are not going to allow him to hang around as an ambassador.

Calipari is probably done after next season. I imagine he’ll take a buyout, and once people realize he is helping Payne at UL I don’t think he’ll ever come back to UK. It’s sad but this is who Calipari is, he cares about nothing and no one but himself. The reason he’s universally hated like I’ve been telling this board for years? Everyone is about to get a front row seat.

I disagree. And yes it has been discussed in many threads. But you felt the need for one more.
Do us a favor, don't be like your roommate KYBASS and literally troll on every topic you do not like just don't open the thread or respond. I am totally fine with you or whomever really supporting CAL and believe we are on the right track. I will disagree and firmly believe that this is Cal's last year here. The guy has done absolutely nothing to build out this team through the portal and his lack of recruiting for 2023 is blatantly obvious. Dude will be very vindictive and try and make the fans and new coach suffer as much as he can. The portal will prevent this I believe, thank Goodness.

It’s looking likely.

All forward momentum has stalled. Cal seems like a man collecting checks until he can retire.

Have no idea who his replacement will be, but I have a feeling it’s going to be someone who needs to grow into the job instead of someone with a UK ready resume.
Yeah, this echoes my thoughts. He's done. Either he's coached his last game or at best, the 2022-2023 season will be his last.

There's no one out there that will have a crazy good resume because that person doesn't even exist. They're either too old or won't come here anyway.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
Cal reminds me of my old cat about a year after I had him neutered.
rawImage.jpg

This is the correct answer. Not sure why people don’t realize it.

Reactions: EastLansingCat
Cal has stayed 2 seasons too long. He should, would have been fired in 2021 if it wasn’t for the contract and silly ‘covid’ excuses. Half this fanbase was, for some reason I’ll never understand, still enamored with the used-car salesman in 2021. Surely after last year he would have been if not for his contract. We cannot replicate Indiana and keep Crean too long.

Last edited:
Do us a favor, don't be like your roommate KYBASS and literally troll on every topic you do not like just don't open the thread or respond. I am totally fine with you or whomever really supporting CAL and believe we are on the right track. I will disagree and firmly believe that this is Cal's last year here. The guy has done absolutely nothing to build out this team through the portal and his lack of recruiting for 2023 is blatantly obvious. Dude will be very vindictive and try and make the fans and new coach suffer as much as he can. The portal will prevent this I believe, thank Goodness.
Vindictive? Why do you think that? Criticize his coaching all you want but I’ve never heard anyone who knows him say he’s not a good man.

Vindictive? Why do you think that? Criticize his coaching all you want but I’ve never heard anyone who knows him say he’s not a good man.
Ok we shall see, I say he tries and burns the program down, will not work.

I'm just relieved someone had the foresight to make a post! No one else has talked of Cal retiring, quitting, getting hired away, being abducted by space aliens,

Get the **** outa Arkansas?
If he's looking for a final destination or somewhere to retire it's definitely not anywhere in the SEC lol, most likely in San Diego or at least on the west coast. Northwest Arkansas is about as nice as any SEC town he could be though, at least most usually rank it in the top 3 in the conference. Athens is really cool too.

Have you seen the pre-season rankings for next year? This board is the only place where these thoughts are prevalent. I'm ready for a new coach as well, but I don't see any evidence of what you're saying.

I think you are an idiot.

Well, you did ask.

Cal isn’t going anywhere. What pressure is he under to win?

You think he cares what we think or feel? We are just the vocal minority on the Internet to him.

And we just like to gripe. We aren’t doing anything to bring about change. We still buy tickets. We still buy the merch. We still watch the games on TV.

Why would he leave? He’s making 10 million a year with pretty much no accountability.

Reactions: bookerfan66
ADVERTISEMENT