ADVERTISEMENT

The wildcat

dallasg23

Junior
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2013
There needs to be a change. I’ve said it a few time tonight. The cats have allowed it to become way to predictable. Lynn Bowden needs to run it full time. Can’t run with Benny 1000 times then stick Bowden back there and expect teams to play it the same way. Sticking him back there one time just to jack it down field into double coverage is a waste. He is the guy who needs to run.

Reactions: EliteBlue
I wouldn’t say it was a bad decision if that was the call. I want to think that they were hoping the safety over top was gonna come down hill to stop the run and get one on one coverage but teams won’t play Bowden that way because of his ability to throw it. Plus there’s not enough film to make teams play the run when Bowden is back there.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Disappointed in it today. Was looking forward to it this week when we were told there was new wrinkles added to it for this week. Didn't get to see the whole game but other than bouncing it outside, not sure what things "new" they were talking about. It's sad there is so much more to this offense than what we are using. We haven't begun to scratch the surface yet act like that's all there is and all there can be. If all we're seeing of it is all we can execute that's a shame. If we can do more and don't that's even a bigger shame.

Reactions: Elijah55
Disappointed in it today. Was looking forward to it this week when we were told there was new wrinkles added to it for this week. Didn't get to see the whole game but other than bouncing it outside, not sure what things "new" they were talking about. It's sad there is so much more to this offense than what we are using. We haven't begun to scratch the surface yet act like that's all there is and all there can be. If all we're seeing of it is all we can execute that's a shame. If we can do more and don't that's even a bigger shame.
The Blake bone play was a wrinkle that we hadn't seen

I'd be in favor is scraping the wildcat all together. it adds nothing to our offense and many times this year has been a drive killer. If it's working great then yes keep making it a part of your offense but for the better part of this year it hasn't worked at all, yet we see it every freaking game. This staff makes me want to rip through damn heads off.

I'd be in favor is scraping the wildcat all together. it adds nothing to our offense and many times this year has been a drive killer. If it's working great then yes keep making it a part of your offense but for the better part of this year it hasn't worked at all, yet we see it every freaking game. This staff makes me want to rip through damn heads off.
Surprising the wildcat has accounted for a lot of our big plays since 2015. Not just getting first down but big momentum plays. Towels to Timmons USC, Stevie to juice last year to start the Miss state finish, Bowden to Ross to set up a td against Tennessee when throwing game was really struggling. Bowden also had a big momentium play against Florida this year.

It has been very succesful in short yardage even this season (after snap issue has been fixed). It got us a touchdown yesterday on twonplays from the fifteen. I'm not a big fan of it, but it has worked. For what it's trying to do more often than. It.

Surprising the wildcat has accounted for a lot of our big plays since 2015. Not just getting first down but big momentum plays. Towels to Timmons USC, Stevie to juice last year to start the Miss state finish, Bowden to Ross to set up a td against Tennessee when throwing game was really struggling. Bowden also had a big momentium play against Florida this year.

It has been very succesful in short yardage even this season (after snap issue has been fixed). It got us a touchdown yesterday on twonplays from the fifteen. I'm not a big fan of it, but it has worked. For what it's trying to do more often than. It.

Our normal offense was working yesterday as well. Running outside was working great. From the shotgun in the first half we ran the pitch sweep with Benny for 9-10 yards, never saw it again the rest of the game. We have been a lot more effective with the wildcat in previous years but this year as a whole it hasn't brought us much. Sure as much as we run it there is bound to be some plays here and there we can all point to and say it worked but the same can be said many times more for non wildcat formations.

I don't think we would have won yesterday regardless but two coaching decisions hurt any chance we had of keeping the score respectable. The calling of rushing the punter in the first half (no need at all for that) and the wildcat call with Bowden. We are not there yet but believe we are closer than it is showing if the coaches would get out of their own way. Certainly players have to execute as well and we missed a lot of tackles yesterday and dropped some real big passes at I'll advised times which certainly is not on the staff.

Reactions: JStaff2187
You can’t run that against good teams and not do some things different. Sweep it, toss it, Fleaflicker it, something. Good LB’s like UGA just stay home in the wildcat.

The Bowden play was a design call. You can’t blame him for that. He took one step back and bombed it. There wasn’t a decision for him to make. It’s a high risk play and really I don’t blame the coaches for calling it. gotta take some risks in a game like that

We’re a 7 win team .. be happy just enjoy it. You know you’re not a fan if you say otherwise.

The Wildcat is great, Benny is the perfect guy for it and it’s not predicatable. I just knew SJ would get the ball on the sweep.

The real though: the Wildcat is a drive killer. We could have a 30 yard run to the 50 & coaching staff would run the same RB on 1st down out of the Wildcat.

We had success running but the stupid Wildcat plays always set us back.

The Blake bone play was a wrinkle that we hadn't seen
Wich play? Where Blake saved SJ ASS because once again he aired the ball out to high and underthrew it causing Blake to make a catch that only 10% of people make? Oh....you mean that was on purpose? Dang....good job Eddie, had me fooled.

It's unstoppable in the red zone. But I agree, if we could keep it in red zone that would be good.

Wich play? Where Blake saved SJ ASS because once again he aired the ball out to high and underthrew it causing Blake to make a catch that only 10% of people make? Oh....you mean that was on purpose? Dang....good job Eddie, had me fooled.
Yes we set up in the wildcat, motioned SJ, who we put in motion more than once yesterday btw. . Except on that play he stopped and we snapped it and threw downfield. After the committed to the box.

That was a wrinkle out of the wildcat

So if a play work now because a player makes a great play it's not in coaches, it is they don't make a play then it's on the coaches?

Yes we set up in the wildcat, motioned SJ, who we put in motion more than once yesterday btw. . Except on that play he stopped and we snapped it and threw downfield. After the committed to the box.

That was a wrinkle out of the wildcat

So if a play work now because a player makes a great play it's not in coaches, it is they don't make a play then it's on the coaches?
OK Nm I'm thinking of a different play.

ADVERTISEMENT