ADVERTISEMENT

the way this thing w/Cunningham may unfold

So you believe that OK st are willing to put up with another below 500 year, just so they can watch Cade be a one man show for the 2020-21 season, and then will have to fire the entire staff after he is gone, because even with Cade they probably miss their 4th straight tournament. Also, while putting up with all this mediocrity for one recruit, they will be waiting for NCAA penalties.

Yes.

Lets see when he decide to even announce. An early announce doesn't seem like a good outcome for us. If he waits that is UK's advantage. If he waits that means he wasn't given a guarantee that the HC and his staff is going to be there. Not a certainty, but that scenario makes sense.

As a Kansas fan, I follow Big 12 pretty closely. Boynton is in year 3 and has a good class and a ton of returning players with experience. The "hot seat" game gets clicks and "journalists" like hits and fabricate hot seats that don't exist.

As a Kansas fan, I follow Big 12 pretty closely. Boynton is in year 3 and has a good class and a ton of returning players with experience. The "hot seat" game gets clicks and "journalists" like hits and fabricate hot seats that don't exist.
He went 12-20 last year. That's not a fabrication. Hard to see how his seat doesn't get hot if he finishes below .500 again. OK State has some standards, and isn't used to finishing at the bottom of the conference.

Reactions: kl40504
He went 12-20 last year. That's not a fabrication. Hard to see how his seat doesn't get hot if he finishes below .500 again. OK State has some standards, and isn't used to finishing at the bottom of the conference.
They aren’t gonna fire him if they have Cade Cunningham coming in . He will bring some excitement to the program and the school will make some money and get some exposure during that one year. Then after he leaves for the nba they will get a new coach. A school like Oklahoma st is willing to stick with boyton for 2 more years for a recruit like him . The answer would be hell yes they would. Like I keep saying his brother didn’t get a job for couple hundred thousand for 2 years for nothing. I would be shocked if Cade ends up at Kentucky and I hope I’m dead wrong.

False. He stepped down before tyrese ever committed anywhere
I had heard that he was fired but either way I think the implications were clear that they hired him to get Tyrese and it didn’t work. He knew Kentucky was his best option to maximize his potential. So whether he was fired because it was clear he was going to UK out he stepped down because he knew he’d be fired is irrelevant.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a big hurdle to overcome but I don’t think it’s impossible.

Reactions: jace2012
You guys are way off on the Boynton hot seat. No one likes losing, but it’s not that cut and dry. To say MB has had an uphill battle would be putting it lightly. He has the highest approval rating of any coach at OSU. He’s young and there’s risk there, but he has tremendous upside. He’s a tireless worker that gets it. We want nothing more then for him to have success.

Kansas better enjoy this year because the shite is going to hit the fan for the next few years for the jailhawks.

You guys are way off on the Boynton hot seat. No one likes losing, but it’s not that cut and dry. To say MB has had an uphill battle would be putting it lightly. He has the highest approval rating of any coach at OSU. He’s young and there’s risk there, but he has tremendous upside. He’s a tireless worker that gets it. We want nothing more then for him to have success.

Travis Graff has referred to “discipline issues” the last few weeks on the Sources Say podcast; he has not gone into details, but he mentioned something has or is taking place behind the scenes at OSU and that this will potentially have Boynton fired after this season.

Any truth to that or details of what happened that you would know of?

Memories of Billy G...

Reactions: kl40504
Travis Graff has referred to “discipline issues” the last few weeks on the Sources Say podcast; he has not gone into details, but he mentioned something has or is taking place behind the scenes at OSU and that this will potentially have Boynton fired after this season.

Any truth to that or details of what happened that you would know of?
The discipline issues would be in regards to the major roster turnover over the last two seasons (major). We’ve been consistently down in numbers. We’ve had to add and play a bunch of walk-ons. MB doesn’t put up with too much off or on the court. Keeping those guys would have led to a much better record, but most OSU fans respect that he’s holding the guys to a higher standard than Ford or Underwood.

Reactions: CoachMikeKlein
The baby is in the corner for Kansas this year and will not get out until the NCAA finishes with cleaning up that dirty program.

He will be
I am still hearing Oklahoma state is the pick even after a 10/10 on a scale regarding his official visit to Kentucky. His brother didn’t get hired for nothing .
getting fired for something at the end of the year.
I am still hearing Oklahoma state is the pick even after a 10/10 on a scale regarding his official visit to Kentucky. His brother didn’t get hired for nothing .
He will be getting fired for something at the end of the year.

What recruits does he have committed for 2020? I could not find any that were committed but plenty of offers.

What recruits does he have committed for 2020? I could not find any that were committed but plenty of offers.
Well there’s the problem. We had Davonte Davis but we cut him loose 2 weeks ago to make room for more of CC’s guys (Texas Titans). Cannen supposedly pushed Boynton on it pretty hard. If we don’t end up landing CC, we’re going to be in bad shape. https://247sports.com/player/davonte-davis-46048640/

Cals gonna mess around & show coach K how to win a championship with the number one recruit ;):stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Honest question for you guys. Do y’all really thing Cal is that great of a coach? This isn’t a shot at y’all. As an outsider looking in, it just seems like Cal comes up short a lot for the stupid amount of talent he gets to Lexington.

Honest question for you guys. Do y’all really thing Cal is that great of a coach? This isn’t a shot at y’all. As an outsider looking in, it just seems like Cal comes up short a lot for the stupid amount of talent he gets to Lexington.
Go to one his coaches clinics and answer for yourself

Reactions: AtownPoke

yes. I think he’s a great coach.

it’s a one and done tournament. The best team doesn’t always win. And I know you could prob find people on this board that feel different but I don’t believe four final fours in 10 years falling short.

We might, MIGHT, be in a rebirth situation. Here's why:

1. Uncomfirmed scuttle that Cade is going to put off announcing to as late as Spring. No confirmation of this, but it is out there as a rumor.

2. Cade and Brown have talked. Still, what does that really mean, other than Brown's family highly touting UK

3. Uncomfirmed that CC will cancel the Washington visit. Strictly rumor.

4. I don't know Jerry other than a handshake way back in the 2012 recruiting period, but I know his body of work and he is careful with his picks.

It's looking better today than yesterday. That's all I've got.

Name me a coach that has won more than Coach Cal the last 10 years. Hell Duke is had the number 1 recruiting class 3 years in a row and has done nothing with them. Duke couldn't even get into the final four last year with 3 lottery picks and a number one draft pic.

Go spew your hate somewhere else.

Name me a coach that has won more than Coach Cal the last 10 years. Hell Duke is had the number 1 recruiting class 3 years in a row and has done nothing with them. Duke couldn't even get into the final four last year with 3 lottery picks and a number one draft pic.

Go spew your hate somewhere else.
It honestly wasn’t hate. I just wanted to know y'all’s feelings toward him. I feel like K underperforms a lot too. I’m more of a football guy and in football recruiting like Bama and Clemson leads to absolute domination. Cal and K recruit like that.

It honestly wasn’t hate. I just wanted to know y'all’s feelings toward him. I feel like K underperforms a lot too. I’m more of a football guy and in football recruiting like Bama and Clemson leads to absolute domination. Cal and K recruit like that.

Are you really this blind or naive? Coach Cal gets 6 months to develop and get them to play. In College football all coaches get to keep their top recruits for 3 years or more. So you trying to compare apples to oranges here and it doesn't fit here

Reactions: 4UK4Life
Ok State and UNC staffs think it's Kentucky. The Sources Say podcast touched on it last night, I think
Our most plugged in guy just got through talking with the coaches and you can remove OSU from that list. They still firmly believe it’s us. Could be wrong but they’ll be blindsided

Bossi also came over and said he’s trying to sort through all the UK noise. At this moment he still believes it’s OSU

Are you really this blind or naive? Coach Cal gets 6 months to develop and get them to play. In College football all coaches get to keep their top recruits for 3 years or more. So you trying to compare apples to oranges here and it doesn't fit here
That’s kind of what I was getting at. My perspective is probably skewed. I guess my next question would why y’all don’t try and develop more (non) one and done’s like Nova?

1. Uncomfirmed scuttle that Cade is going to put off announcing to as late as Spring. No confirmation of this, but it is out there as a rumor.

2. Cade and Brown have talked. Still, what does that really mean, other than Brown's family highly touting UK

4. I don't know Jerry other than a handshake way back in the 2012 recruiting period, but I know his body of work and he is careful with his picks.

All signs point to a decision in November. I doubt he’s going to wait till spring.

Reactions: westerncat
My thing is why would he go to OSU, he would get a lot more notoriety if he went UNC or UK. I understand his brother was hired there. However, think of how much more clout he would carry if he went to UK or UNC and did what Melo or Davis did? That could be the difference in being the first pick or a top five pick. To go to OK St, is literally like going to an ok state school or university. No one will know who you are or see you play. Plus, a guy like Terrance Clarke or Jalen Johnson would almost assuredly close the gap with development and hype between them and Cade if he goes to OK St.

Dave you’re way off on everything. Do you want to know how it all plays out with Cade? It play out by cutting the nets down in April 2021. That’s exactly how it plays out with Cade Cunningham.

ADVERTISEMENT